Originally Posted by naifs_br10
whats the method of installing safe strap
and how can you install rom straight and with a patch ?
is there a guide cause i dont want to brick the phone. i couldnt really find one
Safestrap shouldn't brick your phone, it works by tricking the system into using the preinstall partition as a new system partition and writing the new ROM there. I also have backups of the Bell preinstall and system partitions, which are available online (search other threads).
Make sure your internal SDCard has at least 4GB before begining this process, and your phone is fully charged (or mostly charged)
1) Root the phone ( use ZergRush or SuperOneClick - http://shortfuse.org/
2) Download and install SafeStrap, on your phone navigate to http://bit.ly/wwqy6y
and install the APK
Full SafeStrap description here : http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/
3) Download the following files:
a) Get the ROM (Use AOKP or CM9, I have had AOKP working better with my phone and recommend that. Recently, some users have experienced phone issues, ie calling and data signal with AOKP and switched to CM9- I had the opposite experience)
For AOKP : http://t.co/fRCJ2fpx
For CM9 : http://t.co/bDTznUiX
b) Google Apps for Motorola: http://t.co/Sjda8UXJ
c) XT860 SubPatch (by Rick#2) http://bit.ly/A5hb6d
3) Restart the phone, after the "M dual core technology" a safestrap boot screen will appear, press the menu button.
4) Select safe boot menu -> Toggle Safe System (use the first option) and confirm. This will backup the entire data partition to the SD card, and change booting to go to safestrap. This process will take a little while, please be patient.
5) Once the safe system is toggled, go to the main menu, you should see on the second line "Safe System is: ENABLED" that mean's we're ready to go.
6) Go to Install Zip for SDCard, and navigate to the internal SD card's Download folder, install the ROM first, then repeat the process to install the Google Apps, then repeat again to install the XT860 subpatch.
7) Reboot the phone and enjoy your new treat!
Hope that helps,
BTW, I noticed you have Wind listed as your carrier. The Bell XT860 doesn't operate on AWS frequencies, so are you sure you're not roaming all the time on it, or did you do something else that we don't know about?