5,600,612 Members 34,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV]Ultimate AOSP ICS Testing Arena [Always Updating]

Tip us?

zacgoesrawr
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
I'm just wondering, but is it actually easier or would it be the same to port ASOP instead of CM?

also since the build being used (at least so i thought) is nexus, why not use the Sensation's CM build and modify that, they're so similar that it'd seem like little would have to be done?

i am obviously uneducated with the whole ASOP roms but it just seems logical to my ignorant self lol
MacBook Pro Retina 2012, 2.3GHz Quad Core (3.3GHz Turbo)/ 16GB RAM OS X Mountain Lion

iMac 27in Late 2011 3.4 i7 Quad Core OS X Lion 10.7.3 & Windows 7

Zotac Z-Box HD-ID11 OSx86 / Ubuntu / Windows 8

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi

htcvividnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgoesrawr View Post
I'm just wondering, but is it actually easier or would it be the same to port ASOP instead of CM?

also since the build being used (at least so i thought) is nexus, why not use the Sensation's CM build and modify that, they're so similar that it'd seem like little would have to be done?

i am obviously uneducated with the whole ASOP roms but it just seems logical to my ignorant self lol
I'm pretty sure you can't just take a port and drop it onto our phone. Device specific files such as drivers and the RIL (radio interface layer) and lots of other things need to be modified to work with our phone. The biggest thing seems to be getting RIL working, and that will make it a lot easier to port over AOSP/MUIU/etc, it seems like it's not any easier to get AOSP on there else that's probably the route they would have taken. It's a complicated process which people are working hard at.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if getting CM9 working will make it easier to get Sense4 or are the RILs completely different?

I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

zacgoesrawr
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
reading about why Sense4 hasn't been ported yet is because of it so deeply "tying" with the drivers, that it's just as hard as "removing" sense
MacBook Pro Retina 2012, 2.3GHz Quad Core (3.3GHz Turbo)/ 16GB RAM OS X Mountain Lion

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi
The Following User Says Thank You to zacgoesrawr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synergye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcvividnoob View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't just take a port and drop it onto our phone. Device specific files such as drivers and the RIL (radio interface layer) and lots of other things need to be modified to work with our phone. The biggest thing seems to be getting RIL working, and that will make it a lot easier to port over AOSP/MUIU/etc, it seems like it's not any easier to get AOSP on there else that's probably the route they would have taken. It's a complicated process which people are working hard at.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if getting CM9 working will make it easier to get Sense4 or are the RILs completely different?

I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
We have a better understanding of what is needed for RIL, which is also helping the sense guys. You can take a few commits and our device repos to build straight AOSP, AOKP, Evervolv, or whatever your favourite source variety is. We're doing source building though, not precompiled copy and pasting, so it's quite a bit different.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app

synergye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergye View Post
We have a better understanding of what is needed for RIL, which is also helping the sense guys. You can take a few commits and our device repos to build straight AOSP, AOKP, Evervolv, or whatever your favourite source variety is. We're doing source building though, not precompiled copy and pasting, so it's quite a bit different.

Edit: Zacgoesrawr, we're not using a nexus build, but using source. You can check the manifest on the github page to see where the repositories are being taken from. At this point most are from CM, or CM based (the playground).

Edit: this was a failure. Meant to edit the previous post, not quote.

zacgoesrawr
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
oh gotcha i thought i saw before it was from the nexus i probably was skimming something and made that up lol sorry

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi
lmftmf Old
(Last edited by lmftmf; 19th April 2012 at 03:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Flashed build 4.1 still no radio,wifi,usb with windows,sound,storage. Something to note which i've posted before. Flashing the kozmi kernal causes a no service message on the lock screen. Where flashing the attached boot.img doesn't initialize the radio. Unfortunately the kozmi kernal causes force closes all over the place so its impossible to see whats really going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synergye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmftmf View Post
Flashed build 4.1 still no radio,wifi,usb with windows,sound,storage. Something to note which i've posted before. Flashing the kozmi kernal causes a no service message on the lock screen. Where flashing the attached boot.img doesn't initialize the radio. Unfortunately the kozmi kernal causes force closes all over the place so its impossible to see whats really going on.
The fcs might be why. RIL is still a WIP and needs some framework changes now.

kozmikkick
Old
Thanks Meter 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgoesrawr View Post
reading about why Sense4 hasn't been ported yet is because of it so deeply "tying" with the drivers, that it's just as hard as "removing" sense
To be exact. Sense 4 port has not been release because of ril not working yet. Everything else works just as well as on our sensation sister. And no working ril on asop or cm9 will not really make a difference. The framework is different.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Brand New
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmikkick View Post
To be exact. Sense 4 port has not been release because of ril not working yet. Everything else works just as well as on our sensation sister. And no working ril on asop or cm9 will not really make a difference. The framework is different.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
So porting from the Sensation/Evo 3D is harder than it looks?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe