FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[DEV]Ultimate AOSP ICS Testing Arena [Always Updating]

1,526 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,300
 
By synergye, Senior Member on 25th March 2012, 10:56 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th April 2012, 11:36 PM |#401  
zacgoesrawr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm just wondering, but is it actually easier or would it be the same to port ASOP instead of CM?

also since the build being used (at least so i thought) is nexus, why not use the Sensation's CM build and modify that, they're so similar that it'd seem like little would have to be done?

i am obviously uneducated with the whole ASOP roms but it just seems logical to my ignorant self lol
 
 
19th April 2012, 12:14 AM |#402  
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgoesrawr

I'm just wondering, but is it actually easier or would it be the same to port ASOP instead of CM?

also since the build being used (at least so i thought) is nexus, why not use the Sensation's CM build and modify that, they're so similar that it'd seem like little would have to be done?

i am obviously uneducated with the whole ASOP roms but it just seems logical to my ignorant self lol

I'm pretty sure you can't just take a port and drop it onto our phone. Device specific files such as drivers and the RIL (radio interface layer) and lots of other things need to be modified to work with our phone. The biggest thing seems to be getting RIL working, and that will make it a lot easier to port over AOSP/MUIU/etc, it seems like it's not any easier to get AOSP on there else that's probably the route they would have taken. It's a complicated process which people are working hard at.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if getting CM9 working will make it easier to get Sense4 or are the RILs completely different?

I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
19th April 2012, 12:26 AM |#403  
zacgoesrawr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
reading about why Sense4 hasn't been ported yet is because of it so deeply "tying" with the drivers, that it's just as hard as "removing" sense
The Following User Says Thank You to zacgoesrawr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 06:42 AM |#404  
synergye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,300
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcvividnoob

I'm pretty sure you can't just take a port and drop it onto our phone. Device specific files such as drivers and the RIL (radio interface layer) and lots of other things need to be modified to work with our phone. The biggest thing seems to be getting RIL working, and that will make it a lot easier to port over AOSP/MUIU/etc, it seems like it's not any easier to get AOSP on there else that's probably the route they would have taken. It's a complicated process which people are working hard at.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if getting CM9 working will make it easier to get Sense4 or are the RILs completely different?

I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

We have a better understanding of what is needed for RIL, which is also helping the sense guys. You can take a few commits and our device repos to build straight AOSP, AOKP, Evervolv, or whatever your favourite source variety is. We're doing source building though, not precompiled copy and pasting, so it's quite a bit different.


Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app
19th April 2012, 06:48 AM |#405  
synergye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,300
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergye

We have a better understanding of what is needed for RIL, which is also helping the sense guys. You can take a few commits and our device repos to build straight AOSP, AOKP, Evervolv, or whatever your favourite source variety is. We're doing source building though, not precompiled copy and pasting, so it's quite a bit different.


Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app

Edit: Zacgoesrawr, we're not using a nexus build, but using source. You can check the manifest on the github page to see where the repositories are being taken from. At this point most are from CM, or CM based (the playground).

Edit: this was a failure. Meant to edit the previous post, not quote.
Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app
19th April 2012, 07:04 AM |#406  
zacgoesrawr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
oh gotcha i thought i saw before it was from the nexus i probably was skimming something and made that up lol sorry
lmftmf
19th April 2012, 03:21 PM |#407  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Flashed build 4.1 still no radio,wifi,usb with windows,sound,storage. Something to note which i've posted before. Flashing the kozmi kernal causes a no service message on the lock screen. Where flashing the attached boot.img doesn't initialize the radio. Unfortunately the kozmi kernal causes force closes all over the place so its impossible to see whats really going on.
Last edited by lmftmf; 19th April 2012 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 06:03 PM |#408  
synergye's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,300
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmftmf

Flashed build 4.1 still no radio,wifi,usb with windows,sound,storage. Something to note which i've posted before. Flashing the kozmi kernal causes a no service message on the lock screen. Where flashing the attached boot.img doesn't initialize the radio. Unfortunately the kozmi kernal causes force closes all over the place so its impossible to see whats really going on.

The fcs might be why. RIL is still a WIP and needs some framework changes now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app
19th April 2012, 10:35 PM |#409  
Senior Member
Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgoesrawr

reading about why Sense4 hasn't been ported yet is because of it so deeply "tying" with the drivers, that it's just as hard as "removing" sense

To be exact. Sense 4 port has not been release because of ril not working yet. Everything else works just as well as on our sensation sister. And no working ril on asop or cm9 will not really make a difference. The framework is different.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
19th April 2012, 11:20 PM |#410  
Brand New's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmikkick

To be exact. Sense 4 port has not been release because of ril not working yet. Everything else works just as well as on our sensation sister. And no working ril on asop or cm9 will not really make a difference. The framework is different.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

So porting from the Sensation/Evo 3D is harder than it looks?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes