Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Apollo????

OP AndyFZ1S

19th April 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 51

368 posts
More
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...windows-phones

Not looking too promising eh?
19th April 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFZ1S

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...windows-phones

Not looking too promising eh?

I smell BS since this "news" is only a day after another "insider" said it was coming to all WP7 devices.
19th April 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 43

162 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Latranyi

I smell BS since this "news" is only a day after another "insider" said it was coming to all WP7 devices.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/19/29...s-mango-apollo

whoops.
19th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

368 posts
More
Trust nothing and no one until the fat lady sings.....
19th April 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/19/29...s-mango-apollo

whoops.

Verge has become an Android-wh*@# recently. They are hungry for the clicks and hence their anti-Lumia articles. Then they followed it up with anti-Windows Phone and this. I would say, if you own anything but Windows Phone, only then you should read Verge. Their sources always want to be unnamed and always want to be anonymous!

Atleast that dude was filmed and we know him! - I trust what I see. Even if he joked he had balls unlike verge's anonymous people they make up!
19th April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 43

162 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by drupad2drupad

Verge has become an Android-wh*@# recently. They are hungry for the clicks and hence their anti-Lumia articles. Then they followed it up with anti-Windows Phone and this. I would say, if you own anything but Windows Phone, only then you should read Verge. Their sources always want to be unnamed and always want to be anonymous!

Atleast that dude was filmed and we know him! - I trust what I see. Even if he joked he had balls unlike verge's anonymous people they make up!

Well that article points out how the guy in the video has retracted what he said in the video. Here's the original link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nunos/archiv...ows-phone.aspx
19th April 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 431

1,428 posts
More
Imagine all the people that went and got the Lumia and all the money wasted on advertisement only to say.. Nope that phone we threw at you telling you its the best won't see Apollo... Here buy this one instead. Along with the Titan One/Two. Businesses have made stupid mistakes and Microsoft might do another dumb move and spit on your faces.

Only take what comes officially from Microsoft not some websites with no affiliation or some lonely employee.
19th April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am pretty sure none of us will and should get an "Apollo". We clearly don't have specs for that.

However, what we will get is skinned Apollo. We are sure to get all the features of the OS e.g.

1) better multitasking
2) better UI consistancy (if applied)
3) better integration of features (plus additional ones)
4) better or/and faster IE
5) better bluetooth support

These stuff don't need all that extra hardware specs, so we could safely have them.

The rumours of Lumia 610, 800 being tested with Apollo could well be true considering the above could be applied with no extra hardware that comes with Apollo.
20th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
More
Let us keep in mind that Android users are the most ignored for official upgrades (unless you come to XDA).

The article reads like they HOPE MS leaves current hardware behind for Apollo.
20th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

368 posts
More
Looking at the Tango update and the fact you will be able to send MMS video& ting , As long as we get a few other treats thrown in then I don't think I will be that bothered if I get an Apollo related update or not, TBH I was extremely happy with my HD2 but upgrades and progress lead me over to the Darkside of WP7 and although I suffered from boredom before nodo and see it through to Mango I don't think It will ever be what everyone wants, There will always be a better handset on the horizon and if it turns out MS don't fully deliver then simply change platform.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread