[Q] G2 Issue: This is seriously giving me a headache

OP princ3ofd3sis

19th April 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Ok so I dropped my HTC G2 (not rooted) and the battery popped out, but there was no physical damage. The spring pops back into place when I insert my SD card. I popped the battery back in and immediately noticed that when the phone turned on, it wasn't recognizing my SD card.

I went into settings and then Storage, where it says that the Total space available on the SD card is 'unavailable' and the Mount SD card option is whited out.

I clicked Erase SD Card, which was the only option on that menu that I could click on, but the message that popped up was SD Card Has Been Removed, when in fact it's still in the slot.

I connected my phone to my laptop, and usually I would get a message asking me to connect manually through my phone to my computer. Once I click connect on my phone, then only would my computer be allowed to access the SD card on my phone. I didn't get any such notification on my phone now.

I also cannot use USB tethering so that I can use my 4G service on my laptop.

I turned my phone off, turned it on, hard-reset it, factory reset it, used another SD card, formatted all SD cards to FAT 32, turned on USB debugging, but NOTHING is working and I really don't know what to do anymore.

I don't care about the data that's on my card at the moment (well there actually is none considering I formatted it), I just need a functional SD card for music, apps, and data etc.

I've looked ALL over the internet, but no one specifically has my problem.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as specific as possible, and I also apologize if this is a noob question, but I really don't know what to do and really need some help.

Any advice or resolution to this is appreciated.

Thank you!
19th April 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,136

7,104 posts
Sounds like the SD card tray may have been damaged in the fall, for which there is no easy fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag wonderland... soon
Thanks Meter: 1,192

2,292 posts
More
"not rooted"
ur lucky
try and get a warranty replacement (or fix) for it
The Following User Says Thank You to rirozizo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Hollywood, CA
Thanks Meter: 215

1,508 posts
More
yeah if you have issurance a replacement is your best bet.
The Following User Says Thank You to tarroyo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,864

5,976 posts
More
does your phone vibrate? if not i bet either the flex ribbon connecting the sd card port is damaged or disconnected in some way. or the whole port is bad. usually less than 15usd on ebay or amazon or wherever. takes maybe 15 min to replace
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
update/response
UPDATE: the seal that's supposed to indicate that there has been water damage is pink. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad, but I've never dropped it in water and never noticed the pink before, it's always been white.

ALSO FOR APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES TODAY, IT RECOGNIZED MY SD CARD BUT SAID IT WAS DAMAGED AND NEEDED TO BE REFORMATTED. I CLICKED REFORMAT BUT IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. I TOOK IT OUT TO PUT IN ANOTHER SD CARD AND IT WENT BACK TO THE SAME STORY.

Don't have insurance, I bought it off of someone else.

My phone does vibrate.

How can I fix the SD card tray?

BTW thanks for all the responses, i'm really grateful for it.
24th April 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 890

3,068 posts
More
Put bleach on the end of a q tip to turn the water damage indicators back to white

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 890

3,068 posts
More
I'd take it to a cell phone repair store for the rest. I took mine in after I fried it playing golf in the rain. 70 and they gave me a new battery

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
can't mount sd card, g2 not working, sd card error, sd card won't read
Previous Thread Next Thread