TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Iconia tab A510

OP naira1

4th April 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

240 posts
More
Since thereīs no dedicated section for the A510 (at least I canīt find any) I decided to ask my question here. Many apologies for this.

Does anybody knows if the A510 come with a Gorilla glass I or II or without?

Edit:
The Acer homepage as well as GSMarena didnīt have mention of what display type is on the A510
4th April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,201

7,423 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naira1

Since thereīs no dedicated section for the A510 (at least I canīt find any) I decided to ask my question here. Many apologies for this.

Does anybody knows if the A510 come with a Gorilla glass I or II or without?

Edit:
The Acer homepage as well as GSMarena didnīt have mention of what display type is on the A510

Well, considering nobody has one, and nobody has done a review on one, and Acer only showed a glimpse of one earlier at the CES convention, I would say....

Who knows....

I'm hoping for gorilla glass VI. After seeing them drop a 20kg from 50m on that tab. Wow! Man, the glass didn't have a scratch one!!!

.....tablet was flattened to a pancake though...
4th April 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

240 posts
More
The tablet would be a good steal if it comes with a gorilla glass.
11th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

145 posts
More
Chat with Acer
I decided to ask Acer directly because info on web is unclear. Here are the relevant parts of the chat:

Gayathri S: Hi, my name is Gayathri S. How may I help you?
Beth: I would like to know if the new A510 has Gorilla GLass like the A500 does?

(pause, wait, get coffee, wait for info to be looked up, voila!)

Gayathri S: Now a days all the models in Iconia Tablet has Gorilla Glass display.
Beth: Excellent news! It's unclear and some reviewers have speculated that it does not.
Beth: Any word on actual shipping dates?
Gayathri S: unfortunately, I am sure about the shipment dates. Once it confirmed you will get the information through online.
Beth: Ok, thank you for your assistance.

So, take it for what it is :) I'm hopefully my amazon pre-order will ship soon.
12th April 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethyM

I decided to ask Acer directly because info on web is unclear. Here are the relevant parts of the chat:

Gayathri S: Now a days all the models in Iconia Tablet has Gorilla Glass display.
Beth: Excellent news! It's unclear and some reviewers have speculated that it does not.

Thatīs a funny response. Not confirming if it has gorilla glass or not but making a general assumption.

Well waiting for the availability in Germany as it seem itīs now available in France and Luxemburg.
18th April 2012, 11:39 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 877

1,522 posts
Donate to Me
yep,

i just got mine in france yesterday.
some hundreds of tabs were delivered by acer all over france, really tricky to get one, with pre-ordering only.
only one vendor has, nothing online.

playing with my new toy, waiting for a dedicated place and rooting solution !
18th April 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #7  
Flag Breezand
Thanks Meter: 41

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENETNATH

yep,

some hundreds of tabs were delivered by acer all over france, really tricky to get one, with pre-ordering only.

Awesome!
I'm planning to buy this tablet also, let's hope they are able to root it.
19th April 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENETNATH

yep,

Have u noticed any issue with the WiFi or GPS ala Transformer Prime?
19th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #9  
Flag Breezand
Thanks Meter: 41

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naira1

Have u noticed any issue with the WiFi or GPS ala Transformer Prime?

Zero issues following a review from a user in the Amazon store.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PGJ67...41966&store=pc

Quote:

Well let me start off by saying I am quite pleased to be the first one to be able to rate this awesome tablet. I've owned the original Acer Iconia A500, the Asus Transformer, the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab and liked them all, but this, obviously is the next generation of tablets. First off, the price blows the (somewhat inferior) Transformer Prime out of the water. Insiders (as of 4-16-12) have told me that the Prime has been discontinued this month but news has not hit yet. They will be making this up by producing the T300 which will be a prime at less money the way it should have been from the beginning.

This tablet does everything it should with the amazing speed of quad core tegra3. The screen is crystal clear and the viewing angles are quite deep. There is plenty of memory with a cheap way to get 64gb out of this by getting a microsd card (32gb). The wi-fi is strong and the gps has zero issues with lock or signal. Sound is very nice in stereo and sounds expensive for such an inexpensive unit. All in all a great buy and you should not hesitate to buy this for its amazingly inexpensive price!

Update: The tablet, hooked up to a 56" lcd tv streaming hd movies works perfect with no issues.

I also had it hooked up to a wi-fi hotspot from my phone through Sprint to use google maps in the car and it works very well.

I already had a chance to drop it on the ground accidentally and it fell screen first onto pavement and not a scratch on it. I wish there were already cases and protectors for it but have to wait on those. Again, I wouldn't hesitate. That video review right below my review seems to be of a defective unit.

19th April 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 877

1,522 posts
Donate to Me
no issues at all.
i got a replacement one, because the first was defective (random reboot, freezings..)

but the new one works perfectly..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread