Thread Closed

[USER][CM9/ICS][5-28 PATCH NO LONGER NEEDED] CM9 240 dpi with Soft Navigation Keys

19th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 40

304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

It downloaded fine for me just now and 23 others have downloaded it.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

At least ten of those were mine. I was out and about last night and yesterday morning so I tried at different places and times before asking about it. I didn't want a repeat of last time where I asked and it was fine later that day. I appreciate the effort you guys put into this kind of stuff and the last thing I want to be is a bother.

Quote:

The old versions do not work with the latest build, that's why I updated it. I just uploaded it again. Try now.

Just downloaded it on my phone and it looked like a complete package! Thanks!

update: how long is it supposed to take on reboot to apply? I'm stuck in reboot for a while now and starting to worry...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Last edited by bornagainpenguin; 19th April 2012 at 07:13 PM.
19th April 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #12  

304 posts
Okay. This is not working for me at all. I don't know how many times I've flashed now. All that happens is a message about Android updating my applications and then a return to the bootanimation that never ends. Not sure where things are going wrong. :banghead:

Wish I knew what I was doing to screw things up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
19th April 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
[QUOTE=bornagainpenguin;25062977]Okay. This is not working for me at all. I don't know how many times I've flashed now. All that happens is a message about Android updating my applications and then a return to the bootanimation that never ends. Not sure where things are going wrong. :banghead:

Wish I knew what I was doing to screw things up.

Are you flashing the Rev13 patch with a 4/18 build? That combination works for me.
19th April 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #14  

304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonym

Are you flashing the Rev13 patch with a 4/18 build? That combination works for me.

I tried it with that build and I tried it with the one from yesterday. In both cases, I get a message about moving applications and a return to the bootanimation. Then ten or more minutes go by while the bootanimation spins with no feedback or signs of ever getting back into the GUI.

Really frustrating.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
19th April 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 306

1,008 posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will this work with Eyeballer's nightly builds (with/without opengl) or just with the one in the "work in progress" thread?
20th April 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

I tried it with that build and I tried it with the one from yesterday. In both cases, I get a message about moving applications and a return to the bootanimation. Then ten or more minutes go by while the bootanimation spins with no feedback or signs of ever getting back into the GUI.

Really frustrating.

The update to the CM repo broke the packages I offer in Botbrew, which happens when they significantly update the framework apps. Leap's patches always seem to break at he same time. The behavior your describing is what happens when you match a patch and a ROM that are incompatible. I know you have had problems with the downloader, (trust me you're not alone.) Just, one more time, flash the latest build and the latest patch together. The repo did not update again, I can promise you that. I bet with all the flashing and patching, you just did not patch the right build.

I have swapped in the old system apps maybe fifteen times over the last couple days, I know what that behavior is. And I use my own version of leapinlar's patch, so I know exactly how it works and what that behavior means. If it is working for others it will work for you if it has downloaded correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slack04

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will this work with Eyeballer's nightly builds (with/without opengl) or just with the one in the "work in progress" thread?

The system apps work in any build for the Nook Color, opengl or not.
20th April 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,630

8,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack04

This patch will work with eyeballer's, Samiam303's or your home built version. All you have to make sure of is that you are using a version that is reasonably close in date to the build. As CM9 evolves and improves the base files that I am patching change and old versions of the patch will not work on that build. For instance, the 4-15 patch will no longer work on 4-17 or newer builds. I try to upload new versions when that happens.

I just tested eyeballer's 4-19 non-opengl build with the 4-17 patch and it still works.

@bornagainpenguin - are you flashing the build first and booting to that to be sure the base build download is ok before you flash my patch? If you do that it should say updating only 1 application after flashing mine. You might also try manually clearing your dalvik cache. That is what it is supposed to be doing automatically when it says updating applications.

Sounds like you are having download problems with with your devices so that might be the issue too.

Last edited by leapinlar; 20th April 2012 at 02:01 AM.
20th April 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #18  

304 posts
Quote:

@bornagainpenguin - are you flashing the build first and booting to that to be sure the base build download is ok before you flash my patch? If you do that it should say updating only 1 application after flashing mine. You might also try manually clearing your dalvik cache. That is what it is supposed to be doing automatically when it says updating applications.

Sounds like you are having download problems with with your devices so that might be the issue too.

I am making sure I boot up to a complete Android environment (beginning the setup part where they ask you which language and your google account, etc) before rebooting to recovery to install.

I just gave it another try using eyeballer's 4-19 opengl build and everything seemed to work right up to the point where I tried to set the DPI. Using Nook Color Odds and Ends results in no change. I then try LCD Resolution (Root) which results in an error on reboot:

Code:
Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.
I suppose I could just give up and accept the 240 DPI, but I really don't want my icons to be that big...

Back to CM7 with me I suppose....

--bornagainpenguin
Last edited by bornagainpenguin; 20th April 2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: gave actual app names and links
20th April 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #19  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,630

8,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

I am making sure I boot up to a complete Android environment (beginning the setup part where they ask you which language and your google account, etc) before rebooting to recovery to install.

I just gave it another try using eyeballer's 4-19 opengl build and everything seemed to work right up to the point where I tried to set the DPI. Using Nook Color Odds and Ends results in no change. I then try LCD Resolution (Root) which results in an error on reboot:

Code:
Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.
I suppose I could just give up and accept the 240 DPI, but I really don't want my icons to be that big...

Back to CM7 with me I suppose....

--bornagainpenguin

What were you trying to set the dpi to? The best way to set it is to edit the build.prop file in /system manually. Change the line ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to some other value above 160. That line does not exist there until you flash my patch. Also make sure there is not a density line in local.prop in /data. Some of those density changing apps try to set density there and if they do, that setting never gets overwritten in a flash and always overrides what is in build.prop.

20th April 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #20  

304 posts
Quote:

What were you trying to set the dpi to?

180 DPI. Trying 160 DPI just means that I lose the phone GUI

Quote:

The best way to set it is to edit the build.prop file in /system manually. Change the line ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to some other value above 160. That line does not exist there until you flash my patch.

I've never had great luck remembering the adb commands to push and pull files. I could probably try using root explorer to copy to the SDCard and do it on the netbook? Will look into this....

Quote:

Also make sure there is not a density line in local.prop in /data. Some of those density changing apps try to set density there and if they do, that setting never gets overwritten in a flash and always overrides what is in build.prop.

Just checked that out and doesn't seem to be a factor. Thanks for bringing it up so I could eliminate it though.

Last edited by bornagainpenguin; 20th April 2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
240dpi, cm9, navigation keys, soft keys
Previous Thread Next Thread