Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Streak 7 "read only" problem

Tip us?

cootertwo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Send Dell from hell a link to your posts. Sometimes it helps when they realize the whole world may be watching. Although I think Dell gave up caring about support when they shipped it all to India, like many others. It's all $$$$$ that's all that counts

hyem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sorry to bump this thread up... can anyone please help this out?
I have buy the unlock code... its work to unlock.. but the "read only" state can't be fixed

btw is there still any chance for dell to replace at this time?

onilink67
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyem View Post
sorry to bump this thread up... can anyone please help this out?
I have buy the unlock code... its work to unlock.. but the "read only" state can't be fixed

btw is there still any chance for dell to replace at this time?
I'm still trying to work with internal channels to find information on how they fix this problem I get the feeling they are replacing the board though. If you're still under warranty I'd bet they will get it fixed one way or another for you.

As for fixing it ourselves I've been working with my RIFF Box a bit but their Tegra mode isn't the same as normal JTAG communication and still trying to figure it out. These boxes aren't known for good documentation

Karadras
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have same "read only" problems on my strick 7 4G
I followed by this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132864
and continued research... but still nothing....

so.... add me

MasterGBC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently had this problem, the "Read-Only" mode. I couldn't restore, i couldn't put any new Roms, or make any changes. It seems I let me Streak 7 Die over night without charging and it caused this.

Only solution I found was to send it back to Dell. I still had about 30 days warranty left. Shipped it out, next day they sent me another unit.

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
What rom did your refurb have pre installed?

If you're unsure how to check its:
settings -> about device -> OEM version
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

RichieRich84
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
I had this same issue when I tried to flash mine to a new rom after installing rom manager and installin clockwork mod recovery 3.0.2.0 recomended from app. Then I did a factory reset from menu settings which you are not supposed to do which stuck me in a cwm boot loop. Just learnd today from someone that this might fix it haven't tried yet since mine is at my buddies house trying to fix it. I am gonna pick it up today and try it myself. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1018809

aweskelo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Any news on this front?

aweskelo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Folks there is no fixing this AFAIK without jtag.

Meantime, do not let your streak die from battery drain. Turn it off or keep it on charger when not in use.

illdill
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweskelo View Post
Folks there is no fixing this AFAIK without jtag.

Meantime, do not let your streak die from battery drain. Turn it off or keep it on charger when not in use.
Any update on the J-Tag fix?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I don't have this issue, but I am seriously interested in finding a solution as I have no doubt that at some point I will face it. Murphy's Law.

Anyway, I am not sure if this will help at all, but I did find a way to boot into clockwork recovery from fastboot.

The command is fastboot boot recovery.img (Do not use the flash command)

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii....2-5.0.2.7.img

Rename this to recovery.img after downloading.

This will reboot the device into the clockwork recovery menu unless the read only problem prevents the recovery from writing successfully. From there I guess you could play around with clockwork and try to flash an update. This probably isn't going to help anyone, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.
T-Mobile ~ {Samsung} Galaxy Note II
T-Mobile ~ {Samsung} Galaxy Note III
T-Mobile ~ {LG} G-Slate (Rooted / Latest Stock)