Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Tip us?

ceifro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Use Rogers's ROM to flash AT&T devices

Anyone try to do this? Because of seems like the internet sharing in AT&T is different than WW model.

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceifro View Post
Anyone try to do this? Because of seems like the internet sharing in AT&T is different than WW model.
I tried once, but it failed. I was afraid of bricking it, so didn't go any further. It may work, but I was not willing to sacrifice my new Lumia quite yet...
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

ceifro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
I tried once, but it failed. I was afraid of bricking it, so didn't go any further. It may work, but I was not willing to sacrifice my new Lumia quite yet...
OK~ Have you try the internet sharing with other carrier's SIM card?

Thanks for your kindly reply.

crowvat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nokia Lumia 900

HI Gents,
Have a question as i'm quiet new to this:
I have a Nokia Lumia 900 locked by at&t in the US. I purchased it on ebay and live in Australia.

By me flashing this phone, will it unlock it from the at&t network with ROMS provided by the above links in this thread?

Best Regards,
crowvat

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceifro View Post
OK~ Have you try the internet sharing with other carrier's SIM card?
No, sorry, I'm still locked to ATT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowvat View Post
By me flashing this phone, will it unlock it from the at&t network with ROMS provided by the above links in this thread?
I don't believe you can unlock the radio by flashing one of these, but maybe someone else can offer insight?

Again, I have NOT successfully flashed the Rogers ROM to my ATT Lumia, and I'm not even sure it will work. Keep in mind, it may brick your phone like flashing the wrong version of the Focus ROMs did to some Samsung Focuses, or how the HD2 had two different Radio Versions that bricked them if used incorrectly. Those two situations were unrecoverable without sending in to Factory for repair.

Another thing to keep in mind. These are 100% Original ROMs from Nokia. There are no changes or Hacks in these. You only get what your phone was originally shipped with. No need to use these if your phone is working properly. I posted them for anyone who wanted to look inside the ROMs for hacking, or anyone who has a phone in brick state that wants to try to recover.
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

pistol44
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have a feeling successfully being able to flash the Rogers ROM over the ATT ROM might actually unlocked the internet sharing... However it's probably best to confirm in the other forum with someone who's unlocked the Rogers L900 on Telus if they were able to actually use it or if it remaining locked to Rogers.. If not, we're wasting our time trying.

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
I just tried to FORCE flash the Rogers ROM to my ATT Lumia, but I could not get it to work. It is failing due to not being correct hardware. Someone else might have better luck than I did. My guess is the files will need to be modified a little somewhere.

I also just added Images to the first Post that show Nokia Care Suite, and what phones are supported using this tool.

JMackey
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I have a feeling successfully being able to flash the Rogers ROM over the ATT ROM might actually unlocked the internet sharing... However it's probably best to confirm in the other forum with someone who's unlocked the Rogers L900 on Telus if they were able to actually use it or if it remaining locked to Rogers.. If not, we're wasting our time trying.
Rogers customer here.

The internet sharing option IS available but any connected devices will not get internet access unless you have a tethering plan. So even if you flash a Rogers ROM to an AT&T phone, it seems the provider still can disable internet sharing on their end.

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
I just tried to FORCE flash the Rogers ROM to my ATT Lumia, but I could not get it to work. It is failing due to not being correct hardware. Someone else might have better luck than I did. My guess is the files will need to be modified a little somewhere.

I also just added Images to the first Post that show Nokia Care Suite, and what phones are supported using this tool.
I wonder if you can't flash it right now because the Rogers version is also a HSPA 42 device while the ATT is only 21. Dont know if this is enough of a difference for it not to work.

source: http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/products/...pecifications/

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackey View Post
Rogers customer here.

The internet sharing option IS available but any connected devices will not get internet access unless you have a tethering plan. So even if you flash a Rogers ROM to an AT&T phone, it seems the provider still can disable internet sharing on their end.
That's how the ATT version is. The option exists, but you have to call in to ATT and have it enabled for an extra charge.

I believe for those who want it free, you'll need to wait for registry access... Even then, doesn't ATT eventually find out and back charge?

Makes me wonder. Can a Rogers customer call Rogers and have it enabled for a charge on an ATT phone?