Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Tip us?

arthofer
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheMan View Post
Ok... How is it I go about it again - Install the recovery.tar.md5 via ODIN and then the build via CWM, right?
exactly.
If you already have a version of pershoot's recovery installed then you may skip the odin part!

InTents
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthofer View Post
exactly.
If you already have a version of pershoot's recovery installed then you may skip the odin part!
Pershoot does update his recovery everytime he releases a build though. So if the install fails, then reflash the new recovery.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlein View Post
What I and some others experienced with some builds was that the tab rebooted itself and got stuck on boot animation.
If this happens at night the tab is dead in the morning. Afterwards booting went fine (with charger plugged in). Under Settings-Battery it said that Display used 82% and boot animation 16%.
One time I found my tab stuck at boot animation. 10 minutes before it was on my desk in sleep mode.
It didn't happen for me with the last 3 builds.

By the way you could have found this explanation by searching this thread
I had that happen once a week or so ago... Hasn't happened since. Probably fixed at this point.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

Riven3
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm having an issue with latest pershoot (1704). I had it too with 1404 version.
If I want to shutdown and use the button combination to start in download mode it don't start and then even if I want to start normal it won't. Then it takes time to start the tablet again.

mullemulle86
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven3 View Post
I'm having an issue with latest pershoot (1704). I had it too with 1404 version.
If I want to shutdown and use the button combination to start in download mode it don't start and then even if I want to start normal it won't. Then it takes time to start the tablet again.
why dont you just reboot in recovery?
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Rasbeanjelly & Trinity)

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3835
Unplug the device and you will be able to shutdown and reboot with button combos without off charging mode conflicting.

xbad1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'd like to thank everyone who is involved in this project. Have no words to describe, what it feels like - to finally have a tablet that actually *WORKS*.
Samsung's default system was nothing but nightmare for me.
THANK YOU, GUYS!

Pablo87
Old
Thanks Meter 42
When we can expect to Samsung release their update to ICS ? I'm curious because when they release update developers for this ROM can pull out drivers for camera from official build and we will get working camera.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 16+32GB ROM: PhoeniX V18.8 XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.4

hornedfiend
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I see there's a new build 1904 uploading. Is there a changelog for pershoot builds?

Pablo87
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedfiend View Post
I see there's a new build 1904 uploading. Is there a changelog for pershoot builds?
Look at the OP

Quote:
Looking for a changelog? There's no changelog in the traditional sense but the latest merged changes can be seen here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,sta...branch:ics,n,z (ignore all android_kernel_* and android_device_* projects) & https://github.com/pershoot/
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 16+32GB ROM: PhoeniX V18.8 XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.4

Tags
cm9, ics, kang, p7500