No registration required

[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

OP existz

19th April 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #2501  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 38

198 posts
More
exitz i had a strange problem now, i got a call the phone is ringing but no display coming and none of the keys worked.. i had to remove the battery..and the call also didn't got registered in the log.
19th April 2012, 09:26 AM   |  #2502  
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 104

206 posts
More
Existz, just had a reboot caused by Google Maps on AR29. It was struggling to find my location and that's when it rebooted. After the reboot I went into Maps again and clicked on my location, and after a bit of a struggle again it finally located me. I deleted all the app's data and cache and trying to reproduce the issue in order to provide you a logcat.
19th April 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #2503  
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 30

330 posts
More
Alright, this logcat is likely worthless. Scenario was: phone was locked and charging and the alarm went off. Phone wouldn't wake and I had to battery pull in the dark. I'll grant that it's even better than trying to do a puzzle to hit the snooze button, but still.....
Anyway, battery pulled, rebooted, installed alogcat, and pulled the log. If the logcat is destroyed at boot then this is worthless, and I won't be able to provide it (not gonna wake up 4 kids trying to adb a logcat). Anyway, if I'm going to suffer the same where alarms or phone calls with screen locked are gonna cause a lock, I'll have to roll back to my AR28 nand.

Final parting words. AR29 triple wipe and install. Flashed inspiremod and agps fix. I did restore apps + data from TiBU, so if it continues, I'll do a factory reset inside the ROM and confirm with nothing installed. Pastebin here. TBH, Existz, Since I started with AR22, this is the first issue I've hit that's even looked like a deal breaker on a release. Helluva great job!
19th April 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #2504  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 7

46 posts
More
"Dead" phone until battery pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illrigger

Yep, mine has done that when the phone rings and when alarms go off.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Mine has done this twice since yesterday.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Last edited by aasch; 19th April 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wrong node
19th April 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #2505  
Thanks Meter: 2

153 posts
I had 2 reboots yesterday as well. 1 when starting Klondike solitaire, the other when in the mioddle of scrabble.
19th April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #2506  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 7

46 posts
More
App Drawer reboot
I am getting an occasional reboot (about 3 times) from the app drawer on AR29 that wasn't present in previous versions. ;)
19th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #2507  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkesh27

exitz i had a strange problem now, i got a call the phone is ringing but no display coming and none of the keys worked.. i had to remove the battery..and the call also didn't got registered in the log.

Just had same situation occur. Screen remained blank and continued to vibrate after call. I can't afford to miss calls so had to restore 28. Will reflash 29 tonite and test clean. I had restored apps with tibu. Hope its that.

Sent from here using magic air wires.
19th April 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #2508  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 7,515

4,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Those with lockups/reboots when call comes in, these changes were added in 29, so can you try reverting them in build.prop (you want to remove the green and only add whats in red) and then reboot.... so basically all you want left is "ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1" , and remove the 3 lines under it

https://github.com/aospX/platform_de...1952658f64d592
Last edited by existz; 19th April 2012 at 04:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #2509  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 38

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

Those with lockups/reboots when call comes in, these changes were added in 29, so can you try reverting them in build.prop (you want to remove the green and only add whats in red) and then reboot.... so basically all you want left is "ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1" , and remove the 3 lines under it

https://github.com/aospX/platform_de...1952658f64d592

where the build.prop file will be present?
19th April 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #2510  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 7,515

4,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkesh27

where the build.prop file will be present?

build.prop is under /system/build.prop ...you can use RootExplorer or something similar and edit the file.. You want to change...

Code:
 # For HSDPA low throughput
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.ril.fast.dormancy.timeout=3
ro.ril.enable.sbm.feature=1
pm.sleep_mode=1
..and you want it to make it look like this

Code:
 # For HSDPA low throughput
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
And then reboot.. Im not sure if this is whats causing the issue, but its the first thing that popped into my head and could very likely be why

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aospx, existz
Previous Thread Next Thread