Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GSM/CDMA] The EternityProject Official Motorola RAZR ROMs Thread

Tip us?

casaroli
Old
Thanks Meter 12
One thing to note here is that Wifi, BT and FM is handled by one chip (I think its WiLink from TI) and has nothing to do with Motorola radio.

Motorola's radio is for CDMA, GSM, etc.

From my experience from using various other GSM modules, the GSM system in Brazil is crippled especially because of broken handoff handling. And I note that Vivo seems to have even more broken handoff than any other operator in Brazil.

That said, I believe radios in Brazil would need some tweak to handle handoff correctly. And motorola needs to make a specific radio FW for it to work correctly here.

Sorry, I don't know the difference between Vivo's and unbranded radio, and I don't think it should be much different, but I expect all brazilian radios will be "broken" in Canada.

I would try to flash the EU radio, because I believe Canada's GSM system would be more standard (like in the EU), and maybe there is no signature check for radio FW.

Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casaroli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stangri
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaroli View Post
I would try to flash the EU radio, because I believe Canada's GSM system would be more standard (like in the EU), and maybe there is no signature check for radio FW.

Good luck.
For what it's worth, I tried (well, I didn't try, I succeeded ) flashing the en.eu radio on the canadian phone and it did work (so no signature verification there). However I ended up with the /cache partition of 12Mb after the operation (it might have been caused by a botched attempt to flash en.eu ROM first tho) so I couldn't install any app larger than 12Mb afterwards which actually prompted me to flash the brazilian ROM.

coolfreebies
Old
(Last edited by coolfreebies; 21st April 2012 at 01:11 PM.) Reason: Spelling!!
Thanks Meter 7
is there a Razr ROM of this 651.167.26XT910.Retail.en.EU

Also will it wipe all programs etc that i have already got on my phone??

Thank you

coolfreebies

mishko
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfreebies View Post
is there a Razr ROM of this 651.167.26XT910.Retail.en.EU

Also will it wipe all programs etc that i have already got on my phone??

Thank you

coolfreebies
I have .26. Installed it thinking it was 651.167.20.
N4 / LG GPAD 8.3 / GALAXY GEAR

casaroli
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
For what it's worth, I tried (well, I didn't try, I succeeded ) flashing the en.eu radio on the canadian phone and it did work (so no signature verification there). However I ended up with the /cache partition of 12Mb after the operation (it might have been caused by a botched attempt to flash en.eu ROM first tho) so I couldn't install any app larger than 12Mb afterwards which actually prompted me to flash the brazilian ROM.
Nice to hear it works.

Well, you can get the Brazilian ROM, open it and remove the radio.img, also I think you may have to tweak the XML files (or something like that) to remove the reference to radio.img, then flash it over, that way, I think you will get your cache back, and it won't overwrite your radio.

Or just use fla**** to reflash the cache from the BR ROM

Good luck

Ramdanih
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Downloading Asia retail HKTW, but still android 2.3.5. Not 2.3.6

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

gierso
Old
Thanks Meter 37
In http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_spyder/list.php there is a list of SBFs for the different flavors of xt910
There is a Telcel mexico branded one.

Telcel mexico is 3g 850 so it should be compatible with canadas gsm

Or at least you can get the radio.

Enviado desde mi XT862
~Serge
------
Phone:
Google NEXUS 4<-- Razr XT910 (Sold)<-- XT862 Droid 3 (Sold)<--Nokia N97 (drawer/backup)<--Nokia 5800 (drowned/repaired/sold)<--Weird Chinese Dual SIM phone (forgot it ever existed[in a drawer])<--Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Ericsson(broken)
Tablet:
Nexus 10<--Asus Tf700t pad INFINITY (Sold)<--Asus Tf300t (Sold almost new for the tf700)<--Viewsonic G-Tablet (drawer/ Photoframe)
Droid 3 XT862 FASTBOOT FILES to unbrick your Droid 3 /mirror to the files here splitted with 7ZIP

stangri
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaroli View Post
Nice to hear it works.

Well, you can get the Brazilian ROM, open it and remove the radio.img, also I think you may have to tweak the XML files (or something like that) to remove the reference to radio.img, then flash it over, that way, I think you will get your cache back, and it won't overwrite your radio.

Or just use fla**** to reflash the cache from the BR ROM

Good luck
Well, to be honest I would prefer to flash the Canadian ROM. Both Vivo and unbranded ROM I've tried do have some non-radio related issues on my phone.

PS. I can't flash a developer's edition on the bootlocked phone, right?

Sexywacko
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
PS. I can't flash a developer's edition on the bootlocked phone, right?
I didnt know there were any develoler version sbfs around.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Upgrading phones can get expensive.....damn android updates

stangri
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexywacko View Post
I didnt know there were any develoler version sbfs around.
I've seen them at the link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gierso View Post
In http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_spyder/list.php there is a list of SBFs for the different flavors of xt910
There is a Telcel mexico branded one.