Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Also no radio after unlocking BL

Tip us?

ricardjorg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Also no radio after unlocking BL

Hi people, I've unlocked the BootLoader following 9Lukas5's instructions (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254087)
And now I don't have radio anymore.

I checked first with the s1tool and it said "SEMC SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE". I've used the correct bat file and it said that it was unlocked successfully.

It was unlocked because I could install the latest Doom's kernel and Wolf's rom. But I didn't have radio.

I've been searching through the threads looking for answers, but all the methods people suggested, didn't work.

What I've tried: re-locking the bootloader and restauring the phone with seus (still no radio), unlocking again and trying several kernels, basebands and roms (versions 2.1 and 2.3, but still no radio).

Any tips?
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardjorg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrixSat
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Im on the exact same page searched a ton of times this forum and the net and no solution seems to work

laneyofdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Do u know how to check the status of your bootloader?

Sent from my X10S using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to laneyofdeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricardjorg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I don't think so. How do I do that?
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardjorg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laneyofdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Type *#*#7378423#*#*, go to software info, look at your s1boot version (it will be an r and some numbers) if the r is uppercase (R) it is still locked. If it's a lower case r it has been unlocked :)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laneyofdeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricardjorg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
It has an R..
So the bootloader isn't unlocked? Then how can I use Doom's kernel?

BrixSat
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Solution found thanks to all of you guys.

First, use pc companion from sony to restore the mobile. (easy)

Then enable usb debug in the apps menu and with flash tools root the phone, it will restart.

Then with flashtools install the xrecovery (easy)

Again with flashtools in the plugins menu select unlock bootloader and run. Phone will restart a few times, do not unplug usb cable (i was unplugin after the first reboot) and it shall be done
The Following User Says Thank You to BrixSat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laneyofdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Is it doomkernel for locked bootloader?

ricardjorg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have radio now. I tried to do what BrixSat said and on the second try it worked

Thanks everyone for your help

cikoxda
Old
Thanks Meter 63
i have a similar problem...radio signal of my X10 is so bad and low, when i am at home the signal is 1/4 or 2/4 bar (before was always 3/4 or 4/4).
repair with pc companion or seus did not help me...tried to relock BL, repair with pc companion and unlock BL but the problem still here.
it is antenna problem or software problem?
If I helped you...press Thanks button