Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transformer TF300

Tip us?

wingzero2085
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I was under the impression that the TF300 is going to be the low end device of their new tablet lineup. Hopefully, it does better than the Prime at launch (as in no Wi-Fi issues, glitchy GPS, etc) . I'm more interested in the Pad Infinity, but only if Asus solves the software problems on the TF101 first. Otherwise, I can't say I'm too confident in their firmware with ICS.

I would also doubt highly that the original dock will work with any of these, but I suppose you never know -- they might be nice to us (yeah, right!).

jimbrechin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default TF300

You mention software issues with the TF101. Could you elaborate as I don't think I have any but may have missed them.

horndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbrechin View Post
You mention software issues with the TF101. Could you elaborate as I don't think I have any but may have missed them.
Some people are experiencing random reboots and other stability issues after upgrading to ICS.

Goatshocker
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Im quite sure they said the new devices will NOT be compatible with previous docks, and will have their own docks.
But if it will be compatible with any previous dock - it will be the TF201's. TF101 is too old, and I do believe they have stopped production of the dock as well (at least, a lot of stores here in sweden has stopped selling them and wont receive any new shipment)
Quick ADB Pusher v0.5 (discontinued)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone(ancient junk): ZTE Blade some CM11 build
Tablet 7": Novo 7 Basic running stock HC 3.2.1
Tablet 10": ASUS Transformer TF101 16GB running Team EOS nightly (build 26)

Phone(new): HTC One S S4 running Dark Jelly S CM10 build23
Phone(junk): Xperia P running resurrection remix or Honami MW
Phone(Newest): Galaxy S4 Mini running slimKat
-----
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO THANK ME? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

rashid11
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndroid View Post
Some people are experiencing random reboots and other stability issues after upgrading to ICS.
And unless you root right after getting the TF101, the ICS update will be force fed to you and then all these issues of rebooting, freezing and apps force closing will ensue.

I'd wait for 300, may be the Wifi/GPS issues they had with prime will be fixed and she will be root and overclock friendly tab .

SWEagle
Old
(Last edited by SWEagle; 19th April 2012 at 05:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
I do like the back of it!!!

tedr44
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid11 View Post
And unless you root right after getting the TF101, the ICS update will be force fed to you and then all these issues of rebooting, freezing and apps force closing will ensue.

I'd wait for 300, may be the Wifi/GPS issues they had with prime will be fixed and she will be root and overclock friendly tab .
From the leaks to the media, the 300 looks to be a 201 clone with plastic case, slower soc but longer battery life. After seeing excellent performance of the fully functioning gps dongle on the prime, I have high expectations on the performance of the 300.

Hmm.. should Asus call this the Spartan 300, meager and mean?

munsterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Damn it. New phone comes first now(EVO 4G LTE).

I really dont have a problem waiting though. Very curious to see how win8 tablets pan out in the next 10 or so months.

After seeing the new intel ultrabook concept. Very interested.

Can I get a hot dog water on the rocks?

jadesse
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Yes, waiting to see how Win8 tablets pan out. Android office suites just don't cut it.

dgcruzing
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
Damn it. New phone comes first now(EVO 4G LTE).

I really dont have a problem waiting though. Very curious to see how win8 tablets pan out in the next 10 or so months.

After seeing the new intel ultrabook concept. Very interested.

That does look nice..
I am in the same boat..
New phone on the cards..thinking of the HTC one..
Then am giving the tranny to the parents for thier trip once they arrive from Australia up here to China..thus leaves me in a bind..
Can't go iPad, prime just isn't enough of a step upwards for me at this stage..the 300 looks interesting..but the 700 if it actually does as it is billed to would be enough to keep me happy for 5-12 months..
O what to do...

sent from yet another MikG HTC Evo
Nexus 10
Galaxy S III
Asus TF101 - KatKiss JB 4.3
Geniatech Media box ATV1200-dualcore JB4.1.2
ATV3000 - Pivos ICS -XAF XBMC

Retired devices: Plenty of them laying around now