Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My touch Q?

OP nafeasonto

14th April 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #11  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 730

2,166 posts
Donate to Me
More
I bought my daughter the Lg "Q" a few months ago and to be honest it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.
The problem everyone is having here is the fact that there are more advanced devices coming to the market and for people that can't just shell out $500+ for a new device get shafted on the forums. It should be the other way around the phone companies guilt you into a more expensive device if they can the forums should support the community as a whole.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. There should be a vote to see if there's enough people with the device to make a forum for it that way no one gets left out without a chance to be heard at least and if there's not then it was given a chance to be denied for a valid reason.
14th April 2012, 09:36 AM   |  #12  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 19

236 posts
[QUOTE=Orical;24824103] it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. /QUOTE]

Say whaaa! Dude you gotta let me get whatever it is ur smoking. My wife has a Q. I'm not gonna lie, the eye candy that the Q is rocking looks great but there is no way that that pos phone is comparable to the HTC mytouch. Hell my old HTC mytouch slide 3g ran better than the Q. And there are a couple threads dedicated to the LG MyTouch. Use the search function and you'll find them.
16th April 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #13  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 730

2,166 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=joshuasvt;24834581]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orical

it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. /QUOTE]

Say whaaa! Dude you gotta let me get whatever it is ur smoking. My wife has a Q. I'm not gonna lie, the eye candy that the Q is rocking looks great but there is no way that that pos phone is comparable to the HTC mytouch. Hell my old HTC mytouch slide 3g ran better than the Q. And there are a couple threads dedicated to the LG MyTouch. Use the search function and you'll find them.

I'm not saying their exactly the same (even if that's what you got from it) I'm saying they are both within specs of each other you can also look for your self if you have both like I do, I don't use it or honestly haven't even touched it aside from buying it. I'm trying to say if there are as many people out there that would like a forum to work on it and it's enough for it to be worth looking into then there should be some system in place for voting on whether or not a forum gets put up.

Just because people don't have the money to bang out a spare $500 every time a new device comes out doesn't mean they should also get the shaft on a site that is solely community based.

Made my point, done.
16th April 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #14  
Flag Tulsa Ok
Thanks Meter: 20

171 posts
More
[QUOTE=Orical;24903977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasvt

I'm not saying their exactly the same (even if that's what you got from it) I'm saying they are both within specs of each other you can also look for your self if you have both like I do, I don't use it or honestly haven't even touched it aside from buying it. I'm trying to say if there are as many people out there that would like a forum to work on it and it's enough for it to be worth looking into then there should be some system in place for voting on whether or not a forum gets put up.

Just because people don't have the money to bang out a spare $500 every time a new device comes out doesn't mean they should also get the shaft on a site that is solely community based.

Made my point, done.

I feel ya man, But as a rule of thumb HTC devices seem to always be supported better and longer on XDA, All the others maybe save for Samsung is always a crapshoot for development! And Its not just about specs. HTC hardware is just better known then LG's and has superior build quality. IF custom roms is your thing its best to research first to see if your phone has a forum and make sure it is a international phone. The more people that use it, the better chance of it being developed for.
glacierguy
19th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
My sister and niece have the mytouch q (i told my sis to get mt4g or 4g slide and she got the mytouch 4g that also slides...smh). They both hate it, and I don't like it either. It's laggy, ugly, and nothing compared to mt4g imo.

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk
19th April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #16  
Flag green bay wi
Thanks Meter: 56

779 posts
More
The q tuns way better then the MT 3g slide my mom had both... the LG and HTC 4gs have the same specs hardware wise. Its just you guys have better support on xdA.

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda premium
glacierguy
19th April 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog1202

The q tuns way better then the MT 3g slide my mom had both... the LG and HTC 4gs have the same specs hardware wise. Its just you guys have better support on xdA.

Nice try, but not even close. The Mytouch 3g slide and 4g were OUTSTANDING phones... I still have them both. The mt4g is still one if the best phones out today. The mt4g slide was ok... And the mytouch q was a mess. That's just a fact. HW specs and/or amount of development has nothing to do with what makes a good phone if the specs aren't used properly.

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD
19th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #18  
Flag green bay wi
Thanks Meter: 56

779 posts
More
I to be honest love my phone but if i was in a t mobile area i wud switch to HTC for more development but that's it.

19th April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #19  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 19

236 posts
My wife has the LG e739 and I have the htc mytouch 4G. The HTC is far superior in both build quality and processing. The LG is extremely slow. I even rooted it and took out all the bloated ware and it is still laggy and unresponsive about 100 percent of the time. May 11 is our upgrade date and we both are going to get the one s from tmo. I do however like the graphics on the LG. They did a great job making everything Look pretty but that phone is slow as crap.
19th April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #20  
Flag Laurens S.C.
Thanks Meter: 157

481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasvt

My wife has the LG e739 and I have the htc mytouch 4G. The HTC is far superior in both build quality and processing. The LG is extremely slow. I even rooted it and took out all the bloated ware and it is still laggy and unresponsive about 100 percent of the time. May 11 is our upgrade date and we both are going to get the one s from tmo. I do however like the graphics on the LG. They did a great job making everything Look pretty but that phone is slow as crap.

My brother had the Q, & I find it odd that you like the graphics? That was the most obvious thing I noticed in the 1st 5 seconds I held it! Looked like the Optimus T. I just don't like LG's approach to the MyTouch. I think it was a poor effort & TMobile must have thought so as well. HTC is still superior, & I don't expect the Huwei MyTouch to be much better.

Sent from my customized mt4g using XDA premium

The Following User Says Thank You to jjbadd385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread