Tip us?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trell959 View Post
Is there a way to change charging voltages? I know Siyah can do it, but my phone doesn't run well with Siyah.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstiehl View Post
Siyah 3.1rc2 + CM9 nightly 19 = failed to load wifi driver in catalog.
I've flashed, wiped, wiped again flashed again. Of course using kernel cleaning script etc. No go. Wifi was working fine with siyah and nightly 17 and works fine with the stock CM kernel on nightly 19. I may flash back to nightly 17 because I love my Siyah kernel that much :)
Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.

Speaking of that, coming soon (needs more testing):
Mali 3-step voltage/clock control
Forward-port legacy hotplug code (same as was in the last Daily Driver GB release) as stand-hotplug seems to be buggy **** even if it offers some nice features.
Some reworks in arch/arm/kernel/smp.c that may eliminate some RCU stall SoDs - however I believe most SoDs were caused by remaining bugs in stand-hotplug and the above change should fix them.

I thought a few patches I put in last week fixed the SoDs, but it turns out that I had disabled my SetCPU profiles at the time. If you don't use screen-off profiles with underclocking you should be stable until the above patches make it in. It could take a few days with the new kernel building code.

As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812bkewl View Post
In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.
The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kest874
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonlee View Post
Its also been mentioned on gerrit that CM supports swapping the emmc & sdcard mounts. so at some point, there should be an update that allows you to decide which you want to be for external/internal.
It's an option under storage, storage configuration for this.

rqthrottle
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812bkewl View Post
In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.
Codeworx posted this on another thread:

Changes:
switched mountpoints for sdcards to match cm standard:
/mnt/emmc = internal storage
/mnt/sdcard = external sdcard

eMMC is defined as embedded multimedia card which means an internal storage.
from an technical point samsung and lg are doing it wrong to name it sdcard. htc is doing it right since the beginning.
And because this is the CM standard, we'll simply follow it.

You can cry about this change, but it will not help you. This is how it will be in future.
We know you'll cry. ;)

The menu item "install zip from internal sdcard" in recovery now points to the internal sdcard. It's not reversed anymore.

The storage menu at systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration does exactly what it says now. It's not reversed anymore.

I wanted to do this change in cm7 a long time ago, but didn't want to hear all the terrible crying about it. Now it's time for it. ;)

Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rqthrottle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naturefreak85
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.
So what's really needing to be wiped? Data or System? Or Both if needed, then restore from TiBu

jpstiehl
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.

Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.
Sorry friend, my bad. I should have known better. :::quietly goes to sit in the corner:::

thedude420
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.

EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420 View Post
Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.
Not seeing this. Just flashed latest nightly to catch up with you guys but not seeing this behavior. Even added a couple scrollable Widgets to see if I got the same result- no happening here :-\

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies

GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?

rqthrottle
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420 View Post
I can't replicate it. I tried with the apps you mentioned and it worked fine...

ou812bkewl
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqthrottle View Post
Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.
[/i]
When I pulled up ES File Explorer and it had switched the internal and microSD for the default file browsing folder, I couldn't help but cry. It was just so unexpected... but seriously thanks for the background info. ; )

Quote:
The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.
Thanks for the quick reply. I never knew that Samsung had got the mounting points wrong. Samsung phones are the only Android phones I have owned.

naturefreak85
Old
Thanks Meter 157
OK so if you had flashed the previous leaked NFC, just deleting system won't resolve it, you need a full wipe.

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung