Post Reply

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

19th April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #1551  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,414
 
13,302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trell959

Is there a way to change charging voltages? I know Siyah can do it, but my phone doesn't run well with Siyah.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstiehl

Siyah 3.1rc2 + CM9 nightly 19 = failed to load wifi driver in catalog.
I've flashed, wiped, wiped again flashed again. Of course using kernel cleaning script etc. No go. Wifi was working fine with siyah and nightly 17 and works fine with the stock CM kernel on nightly 19. I may flash back to nightly 17 because I love my Siyah kernel that much :)

Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.

Speaking of that, coming soon (needs more testing):
Mali 3-step voltage/clock control
Forward-port legacy hotplug code (same as was in the last Daily Driver GB release) as stand-hotplug seems to be buggy **** even if it offers some nice features.
Some reworks in arch/arm/kernel/smp.c that may eliminate some RCU stall SoDs - however I believe most SoDs were caused by remaining bugs in stand-hotplug and the above change should fix them.

I thought a few patches I put in last week fixed the SoDs, but it turns out that I had disabled my SetCPU profiles at the time. If you don't use screen-off profiles with underclocking you should be stable until the above patches make it in. It could take a few days with the new kernel building code.

As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812bkewl

In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.

The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #1552  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 213
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonlee

Its also been mentioned on gerrit that CM supports swapping the emmc & sdcard mounts. so at some point, there should be an update that allows you to decide which you want to be for external/internal.

It's an option under storage, storage configuration for this.
19th April 2012, 03:39 PM   |  #1553  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812bkewl

In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.

Codeworx posted this on another thread:

Changes:
switched mountpoints for sdcards to match cm standard:
/mnt/emmc = internal storage
/mnt/sdcard = external sdcard

eMMC is defined as embedded multimedia card which means an internal storage.
from an technical point samsung and lg are doing it wrong to name it sdcard. htc is doing it right since the beginning.
And because this is the CM standard, we'll simply follow it.

You can cry about this change, but it will not help you. This is how it will be in future.
We know you'll cry. ;)

The menu item "install zip from internal sdcard" in recovery now points to the internal sdcard. It's not reversed anymore.

The storage menu at systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration does exactly what it says now. It's not reversed anymore.

I wanted to do this change in cm7 a long time ago, but didn't want to hear all the terrible crying about it. Now it's time for it. ;)

Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rqthrottle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #1554  
Senior Member
Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 157
 
918 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.

So what's really needing to be wiped? Data or System? Or Both if needed, then restore from TiBu
19th April 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #1555  
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 107
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.


Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.

Sorry friend, my bad. I should have known better. :::quietly goes to sit in the corner:::
19th April 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #1556  
thedude420's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 64
 
261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Question
Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.
19th April 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #1557  
EnemyOfGlaDOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
5,059 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420

Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.

Not seeing this. Just flashed latest nightly to catch up with you guys but not seeing this behavior. Even added a couple scrollable Widgets to see if I got the same result- no happening here :-\

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #1558  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420

Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.

I can't replicate it. I tried with the apps you mentioned and it worked fine...
19th April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #1559  
ou812bkewl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange
Thanks Meter: 116
 
284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqthrottle

Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.
[/i]

When I pulled up ES File Explorer and it had switched the internal and microSD for the default file browsing folder, I couldn't help but cry. It was just so unexpected... but seriously thanks for the background info. ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.

Thanks for the quick reply. I never knew that Samsung had got the mounting points wrong. Samsung phones are the only Android phones I have owned.
19th April 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #1560  
Senior Member
Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 157
 
918 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
OK so if you had flashed the previous leaked NFC, just deleting system won't resolve it, you need a full wipe.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes