That's the jist of it. Whenever i try to open the android SDK the screen pops up, scrolls then closes. I have the latest JDK and SDK installed. in Device manager there is an error that reads transformer with that damned yellow triangle. ive installed the ASUS sync software, and ive tried manually installed the drivers, it fails every time. and CWM doesnt recognize the SD card. Im running windows 8 consumer preview and a fresh install of win7. Ive tried win7 and ubuntu in virtual box and the SDK just runs and closes as stated before. ive tried 2 different PCs. im a noob but ive never had this much trouble with my phone DHD. Please point me to how i can install a recovery in this situation, i know im probably doing something wrong. but my head is hurting from searching and trying solutions. Im temped to go try my luck at getting it replaced in-store using my 'foreigner in Japan going nuts' card. im sure if i could just get the damn driver to install that i could figure it out from there with all the other tutorials and [Q] threads that ive read.
tried this also, but with my device not being recognized adb does nothing
Ok, here's what you're going to do. I need you to follow my instructions right down to the letter.
(1) Download honeycomb_root_cwm.zip onto your PC.
(2) Unzip. Inside, you will find 2 folders. Place the folder "root-honeycomb" in your C: directory on your PC. Ignore the other folder.
(3) Make sure your TP is on inside CWM. Plug it into your PC.
(4) On your PC, go to start menu and type in "cmd" and enter. Command prompt window should pop up.
(5) In the command prompt (the window with black background), type "cd\" and enter. Type "cd root-honeycomb" and enter.
(6) Type "adb devices". You should get a long string of numbers. If you don't get anything, wait a minute and try again. Once "adb devices" gives you a string of number, then go on.