Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM 5.5.0.4, stuck in recovery SL101. Windows wont install the usb drive

Tip us?
 
SQ3.0dotJP
Old
(Last edited by SQ3.0dotJP; 19th April 2012 at 07:55 AM.)
#1  
SQ3.0dotJP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 238
Join Date: Aug 2010
Exclamation [Q] CWM 5.5.0.4, stuck in recovery SL101. Windows wont install the usb drive

no backup on internal sd. last rom was ICS, i fullwiped to install another rom from SD without noticing the bug with this version of CWM

That's the jist of it. Whenever i try to open the android SDK the screen pops up, scrolls then closes. I have the latest JDK and SDK installed. in Device manager there is an error that reads transformer with that damned yellow triangle. ive installed the ASUS sync software, and ive tried manually installed the drivers, it fails every time. and CWM doesnt recognize the SD card. Im running windows 8 consumer preview and a fresh install of win7. Ive tried win7 and ubuntu in virtual box and the SDK just runs and closes as stated before. ive tried 2 different PCs. im a noob but ive never had this much trouble with my phone DHD. Please point me to how i can install a recovery in this situation, i know im probably doing something wrong. but my head is hurting from searching and trying solutions. Im temped to go try my luck at getting it replaced in-store using my 'foreigner in Japan going nuts' card. im sure if i could just get the damn driver to install that i could figure it out from there with all the other tutorials and [Q] threads that ive read.




tried this also, but with my device not being recognized adb does nothing
Ok, here's what you're going to do. I need you to follow my instructions right down to the letter.
Quote:
(1) Download honeycomb_root_cwm.zip onto your PC.

(2) Unzip. Inside, you will find 2 folders. Place the folder "root-honeycomb" in your C: directory on your PC. Ignore the other folder.

(3) Make sure your TP is on inside CWM. Plug it into your PC.

(4) On your PC, go to start menu and type in "cmd" and enter. Command prompt window should pop up.

(5) In the command prompt (the window with black background), type "cd\" and enter. Type "cd root-honeycomb" and enter.

(6) Type "adb devices". You should get a long string of numbers. If you don't get anything, wait a minute and try again. Once "adb devices" gives you a string of number, then go on.
from http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ory-reset.html
 
skacore
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2010
Same thing happened to me and it is already being discussed in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602915.

I could not fix the problem yet but I'm waiting for a new USB as I think mine might be working badly. As far as I know if you can't have your transformer properly connected to your PC there is nothing you can do other than RMA.

My advice is that you buy or borrow other USB to try it before sending your tranaformer to RMA. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. When it does I'll tell how did it goes (I must say that I'm not to confident but we have to try everything!)
 
husky_doggy
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 40
Join Date: Dec 2010
del.
 
SQ3.0dotJP
Old
#4  
SQ3.0dotJP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 238
Join Date: Aug 2010
ok, bit of progress, i used my phone to install. basically replaced my HTC DHD driver with UND

universal naked driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161769

after it installed i plugged in my tablet and voila!. now to try to finish the steps i posted earlier
 
skacore
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ3.0dotJP View Post
ok, bit of progress, i used my phone to install. basically replaced my HTC DHD driver with UND

universal naked driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161769

after it installed i plugged in my tablet and voila!. now to try to finish the steps i posted earlier
Well it was really a good idea but doesn't work for me as I have a LGP500 who does not use that drivers.
 
SQ3.0dotJP
Old
#6  
SQ3.0dotJP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 238
Join Date: Aug 2010
may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening
 
skacore
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ3.0dotJP View Post
may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening
My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:
  • connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)
 
SQ3.0dotJP
Old
#8  
SQ3.0dotJP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 238
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:
  • connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)
yep, thats what worked for me. im going to go back at ADB in the afternoon. im off till monday so ive got the time, lol
 
farsight73
Old
#9  
farsight73's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 952
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Selangor
So this CWM 5.5.4.0 and CWM 5.5.0.4 are the same variant? And both have bug?



Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app
=======================================
Nexus 5: 312K: Running stock deodexed 4.4.4 with ElementalX kernel

=======================================
Transformer TF101(B60): Kitkat-Katkiss 4.4.4
System Speed: Overclock Dual Core 1400Ghz


=======================================
 
baseballfanz
Old
#10  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1709
Posts: 6,688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sugar Land TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsight73 View Post
So this CWM 5.5.4.0 and CWM 5.5.0.4 are the same variant? And both have bug?



Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app
It's NOT a bug. It's just made to read from the internal sd only.
That's why I stuck with Team Rouge recovery.
**************

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes