Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CWM 5.5.0.4, stuck in recovery SL101. Windows wont install the usb drive

OP SQ3.0dotJP

19th April 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

238 posts
no backup on internal sd. last rom was ICS, i fullwiped to install another rom from SD without noticing the bug with this version of CWM

That's the jist of it. Whenever i try to open the android SDK the screen pops up, scrolls then closes. I have the latest JDK and SDK installed. in Device manager there is an error that reads transformer with that damned yellow triangle. ive installed the ASUS sync software, and ive tried manually installed the drivers, it fails every time. and CWM doesnt recognize the SD card. Im running windows 8 consumer preview and a fresh install of win7. Ive tried win7 and ubuntu in virtual box and the SDK just runs and closes as stated before. ive tried 2 different PCs. im a noob but ive never had this much trouble with my phone DHD. Please point me to how i can install a recovery in this situation, i know im probably doing something wrong. but my head is hurting from searching and trying solutions. Im temped to go try my luck at getting it replaced in-store using my 'foreigner in Japan going nuts' card. im sure if i could just get the damn driver to install that i could figure it out from there with all the other tutorials and [Q] threads that ive read.

tried this also, but with my device not being recognized adb does nothing
Ok, here's what you're going to do. I need you to follow my instructions right down to the letter.
Quote:

(1) Download honeycomb_root_cwm.zip onto your PC.

(2) Unzip. Inside, you will find 2 folders. Place the folder "root-honeycomb" in your C: directory on your PC. Ignore the other folder.

(3) Make sure your TP is on inside CWM. Plug it into your PC.

(4) On your PC, go to start menu and type in "cmd" and enter. Command prompt window should pop up.

(5) In the command prompt (the window with black background), type "cd\" and enter. Type "cd root-honeycomb" and enter.

(6) Type "adb devices". You should get a long string of numbers. If you don't get anything, wait a minute and try again. Once "adb devices" gives you a string of number, then go on.

from http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ory-reset.html
Last edited by SQ3.0dotJP; 19th April 2012 at 08:55 AM.
19th April 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
Same thing happened to me and it is already being discussed in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602915.

I could not fix the problem yet but I'm waiting for a new USB as I think mine might be working badly. As far as I know if you can't have your transformer properly connected to your PC there is nothing you can do other than RMA.

My advice is that you buy or borrow other USB to try it before sending your tranaformer to RMA. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. When it does I'll tell how did it goes (I must say that I'm not to confident but we have to try everything!)
19th April 2012, 09:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
del.
19th April 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

238 posts
ok, bit of progress, i used my phone to install. basically replaced my HTC DHD driver with UND

universal naked driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161769

after it installed i plugged in my tablet and voila!. now to try to finish the steps i posted earlier
19th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #5  

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ3.0dotJP

ok, bit of progress, i used my phone to install. basically replaced my HTC DHD driver with UND

universal naked driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161769

after it installed i plugged in my tablet and voila!. now to try to finish the steps i posted earlier

Well it was really a good idea but doesn't work for me as I have a LGP500 who does not use that drivers.
19th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

238 posts
may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening
19th April 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #7  

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ3.0dotJP

may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening

My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:
  • connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)
19th April 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore

My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:

• connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)

yep, thats what worked for me. im going to go back at ADB in the afternoon. im off till monday so ive got the time, lol
20th April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #9  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 157

967 posts
More
So this CWM 5.5.4.0 and CWM 5.5.0.4 are the same variant? And both have bug?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app
20th April 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,718

6,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsight73

So this CWM 5.5.4.0 and CWM 5.5.0.4 are the same variant? And both have bug?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

It's NOT a bug. It's just made to read from the internal sd only.
That's why I stuck with Team Rouge recovery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread