[GUIDE] How to rollback from ICS leak.

OP jazzyjames

9th March 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #41  
jax,fl
Thanks Meter: 66

237 posts
If you rooted using Timmy deans v4 your cpuid got placed in the (Acer serial #) folder just above dotnetdetecter.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
10th March 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #42  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,468 posts
Heres an idea, when you get your CPUID, then save it in a special little file on your PC... Then if the **** hits the fan again you don't have to look all over the place to find it...

I had mine backed up when I first rooted my tab.... The message RIGHT FOM THE START was you need to find your CPUID if you have trouble... This was for HC 3.2 as well...
Can't believe people are still not checking it and having it backed up somewhere...
13th March 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #43  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 330

1,025 posts
More
After this step.
"It will try and scan for the current image version and new image version, this will take about 5 minutes."
I get a message "adb server is out of date.killing.adb server is" Tried downloading updated sdk tools, but still get the same message. Has anyone else has encountered this?

Edit: Issue with my laptop was the cause. Downloaded drivers to my work laptop and rolled back without an issue.
Last edited by dxwilliams40; 15th March 2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Solved the problem
6th April 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 10

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittek

I solved this applying root to the leak version, after this the dmesg-output has magically contained the UID

http://forum.tegraowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=350

Hey, I got the original leak on my Iconia(0.009.00) and the program listed there only supports 1.031, 0.022, and 0.019...
7th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Do a factory reset and then use the terminal emulator to get the txt file. You'll find the cpuid after that.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA
11th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hi All,

I cannot install Terminal emulator on my A500. It says that it doesnt support my country.

I got it. Someone sent it to me and I just installed on my tablet. Right now I dont know how to find the dmesg.txt file in the tablet and how to view it.

update: I made it, finally. Just strictly follow the instruction. Thanks a heap, jazzyjames!
Last edited by Jamesbond007vn; 11th April 2012 at 10:48 AM.
19th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks for this guide, it helped me to fix my a500.
22nd April 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #48  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyjames

Your CPUID
Your CPUID was probably changed when you flashed the ICS leak.

How you can find it in the ICS leak

Download and install a terminal emulator from the market and enter in the following.

dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.txt

Copy that file to your computer and open it or open it in a text editor on your A500

Look for androidboot.serialno= and the number is listed is your CPUID.

i'm currently running lightspeed_4.4 (ics rom). ran this command "dmesg" and copied the dmesg.txt to my pc. cant seem to find the "serialno"

do i run this command after i flash back to "EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4"?
22nd April 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #49  
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 445

1,573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad_2011

i'm currently running lightspeed_4.4 (ics rom). ran this command "dmesg" and copied the dmesg.txt to my pc. cant seem to find the "serialno"

do i run this command after i flash back to "EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4"?

Yep dmesg didnt worrk 4 me. You need yr UID in order to run the euu.
If u have d/l timmydeans version 4 zip theres a 'test.cmd' in there, which will give u yr UID [but[/B] u must connect yr tab to yr pc first. ONCE u have UID you must disconnect it again b4 running the euu or u will get the "download newer image" screen., and the flash will not happen.

If u r still on the hc bootloader u can try restoring yr nandroid back up, it worked for me
22nd April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #50  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

Yep dmesg didnt worrk 4 me. You need yr UID in order to run the euu.
If u have d/l timmydeans version 4 zip theres a 'test.cmd' in there, which will give u yr UID [but[/B] u must connect yr tab to yr pc first. ONCE u have UID you must disconnect it again b4 running the euu or u will get the "download newer image" screen., and the flash will not happen.

If u r still on the hc bootloader u can try restoring yr nandroid back up, it worked for me

did not work for me, it says something along the line "newer firmware" and exit is the only option

how do i find out what bootloader i'm using now?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread