Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][09.09.13][★★ SMS ★★ ]★ RSK TEAM ★ SATTELITE-3.5.Sense★

Tip us?

halaros2
Old
(Last edited by halaros2; 19th April 2012 at 05:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 560

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki1kenobi View Post
Hi guys, flashed to RSK 7.2 and have an issue with Wifi Hotspot.

It allows me to set up the Hotspot (tethering) and my netbook can connect but there is NO data getting through! Data works on the phone (can access the net etc) just not when tethered

Full wipe and cleared everything as per. Have tried searching both on here and on the net but nothing coming up.

Anyone else have the tethering issue? Or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

It's been a long day, so I probably made a schoolboy error, tethering was working on Oxygen ROM (previous ROM) but not on Sebs AIO which I tried before flashing RSK 7.2.
Hi mate yes wifi tethering does not work and for the time being there is no solution for that. I think it doesn't work on all 3.5 sense roms for those certain desires
P.S EDIT:forgot to mention Does not work rarely with some desires... Sorry for that Sometimes my English dont help me as i want

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairofpints View Post
Hi fellas
Has anyone had the same problem as I have with HTC Sense? Paid for and downloaded some films but can't play them. The error message is: 'DRM engine not initialized'.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
Check your pm

LG G2 Powered by RSK team ROM
SOLD HTC desire (RESPECT) powered up with RSK team Sattelite SuperSensed rom
with the most innovative Tweaks ever made for desire
Don't make a useless post just press the thanks button

http://www.androidrsk.blogspot.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halaros2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mliou
Old
Thanks Meter 44
hey halaros2, so is there a fix for the volume problem?
Thanks
PHONE: HTC One S
ROM: ViperOne S 3.2.0

TABLET: Eee Pad Transformer TF101 + Dock
ROM: KatKiss-4.3.1 #027

mmathiou
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by halaros2 View Post
Hi mate yes wifi tethering does not work and for the time being there is no solution for that. I think it doesn't work on all 3.5 sense roms for desire
Wifi tethering(Wifi Hotspot) works for me! it is my favorite feature in android! I heavily use it during weekend and last time that I have use it was yesterday sharing Internet with another android phone.

I was under the impression that only usb tethering was not working? (if I am wrong or I did not understood the question please correct me)

The ONE is Here!

Backup Device-> DESIRE(Bravo) PVT3 S-OFF SLCD
ROM-> RSK Sattelite Rosie 8.1 by Mr.Mefisto

maikD.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmathiou View Post
Wifi tethering(Wifi Hotspot) works for me! it is my favorite feature in android! I heavily use it during weekend and last time that I have use it was yesterday sharing Internet with another android phone.

I was under the impression that only usb tethering was not working? (if I am wrong or I did not understood the question please correct me)
same here.

Device: HTC Desire PVT4 S-OFF
Radio: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.5.23
Recovery: AmonRa 2.0.1
Kernel: Droidzone #18
HBOOT: CM7 r2
ROM: R.S.K Special Edition (odexed)

Riki1kenobi
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Hi mate yes wifi tethering does not work and for the time being there is no solution for that. I think it doesn't work on all 3.5 sense roms for desire
Cheers bud, thought it might be that, seeing as it was working on a non-sense ROM and NOT working on BOTH the Sense 3.5 ROMs I tried! Ah well, no biggie at the mo (needed it the other day when my wifi went down and my tab decided to drop its 3G capability for the few hours I really needed t'interweb )..... strange that some have it working but that is the generally the way with developing

Cracking ROM btw

Riki

halaros2
Old
(Last edited by halaros2; 19th April 2012 at 02:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 560

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

No mate USB tethering is working for some users. For me it works perfectly when I have strong signal( I think I don't remember if I have checked this and here I am now I don't have good signal to check) or wifi open at my phone (I check it right now to see if i m wrong while I write this I have the phone connected to my pc my pc without wifi and my phone with wifi on and it works great ). I forgot to mention that this happens with only some desires and for now there is no solution for that, remember what I always say every desire is the same and so different . I don't know if it could be solved by changing radio or something like that. (wifi tethering I mean) please check it yourself and tell me if it works (USB tethering)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikD. View Post
same here.
Check above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki1kenobi View Post
Cheers bud, thought it might be that, seeing as it was working on a non-sense ROM and NOT working on BOTH the Sense 3.5 ROMs I tried! Ah well, no biggie at the mo (needed it the other day when my wifi went down and my tab decided to drop its 3G capability for the few hours I really needed t'interweb )..... strange that some have it working but that is the generally the way with developing

Cracking ROM btw

Riki
Thank u for your nice comments mate..

LG G2 Powered by RSK team ROM
SOLD HTC desire (RESPECT) powered up with RSK team Sattelite SuperSensed rom
with the most innovative Tweaks ever made for desire
Don't make a useless post just press the thanks button

http://www.androidrsk.blogspot.com
The Following User Says Thank You to halaros2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iTTi
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Where is link to 7.3?

mmathiou
Old
(Last edited by mmathiou; 19th April 2012 at 03:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
No mate USB tethering is working for some users. For me it works perfectly when I have strong signal( I think I don't remember if I have checked this and here I am now I don't have good signal to check) or wifi open at my phone (I check it right now to see if i m wrong while I write this I have the phone connected to my pc my pc without wifi and my phone with wifi on and it works great ). I forgot to mention that this happens with only some desires and for now there is no solution for that, remember what I always say every desire is the same and so different . I don't know if it could be solved by changing radio or something like that. (wifi tethering I mean) please check it yourself and tell me if it works (USB tethering)
Ok I have just test this. I have select USB tethering the driver was installed in Win7 but the phone always change for USB tethering to Charge!, probably because can not assigned IP address to PC.
This was also not working in Sebs ROM but it had worked once in RSK V6 or V5! (I have tried one more time in V6 after a month but never worked again). In V7 I have never test USB tethering since I am not using it (wifi hotspot is my favorite) but also because I was under the impression that this is not working for nobody (it was a sense 3.5 issue on desire). Later I will capture a logcat to see if logs can provide any indication of the problem.

On the other hand I never had problem with Wifi Hotspot in V6, V7, V7.1, V7.2 and I use it almost daily (I have 1.5 Gb monthly Data plan ) to share Internet with others.

The ONE is Here!

Backup Device-> DESIRE(Bravo) PVT3 S-OFF SLCD
ROM-> RSK Sattelite Rosie 8.1 by Mr.Mefisto

mohsinraza
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have 1.5 Gb monthly Data plan to share Internet with others.
What a coincidence! I also have 1.5GB data monthly and share it with others

Sent from my HTC Desire
Previous Devices: HTC Desire, HTC One X
Current Device: HTC One
Next Device: HTC One M8

I can provide you Facebook likes and write creatively on any topic you want. All my services are here.

thanito
Old
Thanks Meter 63
WiFi tethering works fine here as well..
Click Thanks button if I helped

HTC Touch Cruise->Htc Hero->Htc Desire-> HTC One S z520e-> HTC One M8 Amber Gold