Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOWTO MAY16]UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, FLASH RECOVERY, INSTALL ROM Atrix 4G Bell/int'l + ATT

OP tayshun12

9th April 2012, 11:05 AM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks for the guide it saved my asse
11th April 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #192  
Flag Detroit

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated RSDLite

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1328923494
11th April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #193  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Seraching new UNLOCK.SBF
Hello,

i am trying to unlock my atrix, but all alltemps failed.

1. root; flashing unlock.sbf ->Failed to boot 1
2. flashing "1FF-olympus_emara-user-2.3.4-4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.20-release-keys-signed-NonEFIGSRetail-EU" the only that works -> not unlockable with the unlock.sbf
3. flashing "1FF-olympus_emara-user-2.3.4-4.5.2A-74_OLE-31-release-keys-signed-rtdach.sbf" -> installation aborted

--------------
German ATRIX (1 week with original vodafone 2.3.4)
System 45.31.20.MB8600.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU (now, sorry i dont know the original vodafone befor flashing)
Model MB8600
Android 2.3.4
Baseband N_01.100.00R
Webtop WT-1.2.0-133_38
Kernel 2.6.32.9 e13392@zch68Inxdroid46#2
Build 4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.20
APflex
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBRTCEE_P026
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBRTCEE_A006
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYMPRTEU_M001
--------------

Think i need an other UNLOCK.SBF because the original vodafone 2.3.4 is to new. Everyone an idea ???

THX
12th April 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #194  
Thanks Meter: 7

339 posts
installing recovery problem :(
Ive tried to install the recovery file and typed all the comands in the command promp window, i get to the part were you type in fastboot erase recovery but all it says is waiting for devices

Please help
13th April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #195  

2 posts
installing recovery
Hi, thanks for all the good tips how to unlock etc.
I think I have managed to unlock my device (at least that displayed in the top left corner) and then tried the recovery part (with fastboot and moto-fastboot). However, when in Android recovery mode I only get the guy and !. I was able to rename the install recovery in systems/etc/install.. but not in etc/install (no permission). Thanks for your support.

My phone: (45.31.2 MB860.T-Mobile en GB), Android 2.3.4, Kernel 2.6.32.9, Build4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.2
13th April 2012, 10:09 PM   |  #196  
Flag Detroit

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymoto

Hi, thanks for all the good tips how to unlock etc.
I think I have managed to unlock my device (at least that displayed in the top left corner) and then tried the recovery part (with fastboot and moto-fastboot). However, when in Android recovery mode I only get the guy and !. I was able to rename the install recovery in systems/etc/install.. but not in etc/install (no permission). Thanks for your support.

My phone: (45.31.2 MB860.T-Mobile en GB), Android 2.3.4, Kernel 2.6.32.9, Build4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.2

You need to delete them with a file manager that has root access. The phone must be rooted and then you can use the file manager as root user to delete them.

I was having the same issue.
Delete those files with root access and then flash over CWM again and it should work fine.
19th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #197  
Thanks Meter: 96

195 posts
More
Worked perfectly for me on my fully updated Bell stock 2.3.6.

Just wanted to point out a few FYI's that may help those of us that are skittish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayshun12

8. Press the “Start” button. The Flash actually failed for me, wait for it to complete to 100% it may FAIL or PASS! just make sure it gets to 100% leave your phone sitting for about 10 minutes AFTER RSD SAYS FAIL/SUCCESS.
9. If nothing is happening after 10mins, perform a battery pull. Power the phone on while pressing vol-down. “Fastboot” Will show up on screen. DONT PLUG IT IN YET. Press volume up and let your phone sit. You will see “Starting Fastboot protocol support" LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

I used RSDLite 5.6.4, and got a little confused when it sat at 100% executed with the message "please reboot manually". I let it sit there for a few mins before I worked up the nerve to do a battery pull, it didn't show the SUCCESS message until after I rebooted the phone into step 9.

Quote:

DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS PART: After the install of RomRacers recovery boot up your phone. Open up your favourite file browser (I used Astro file manager to do this ) and navigate to /system/etc/ and delete the file called 'install-recovery.sh'

You'll need to get root again and a root file manager (I'd recommend having the .apk already, or at least know which one you are using ahead of time). I used the manual fastboot method to gain root.
http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root

Also

Quote:

***FIRST TIME ROM FLASHERS ONLY!!!!!!***
WE ARE GOING TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM SO THAT IF YOU EVER DERP YOU WIL ALLWAYS HAVE A SOLID BACKUP
Press VOLUME DOWN and go to backup and restore. Press the POWER BUTTON
Press the POWER button on backup
Select where you want to put your backup (internal or external memory)
Backup INCLUDING WEBTOP! (if you ever think you will use it)
Wait for it to finish.

Takes pretty long (I think it was like 45 mins+), and you need like 1-2 gigs of free space.

And for the Intl ram fix? Yeah I dunno, I just installed Cyanogen 7 rc1 and it fixed it. (don't forget to go into Cyanogen settings> Application settings > check Use Internal storage if your apps keep giving a "can't access/read/etc sd-card" error).

Those were the only issues that I ran into. So don't worry about doing it. I was as newb as they come, and it was fine. Following the guide, my only scary moment was when installing the rom, I didn't realize I choose "external sd-card" instead of "internal" and started freaking out because my rom.zip & backups weren't there.
20th April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #198  

1 posts
Thanks
thanks for the guide, I managed to unlock my phone without problems.
22nd April 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #199  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Just waiting for CWM to finish backing up my stock 2.3.6.

Instructions were great. Similar to my experience with Nexus S (although this guy is oem lockable.)

For me, fumbled around the RSD protocol connection... connecting phone to 32bit windows came up with unknown hardware. Newest RSD-Lite doesn't come with motorola USB drivers. (From RSD-Lite release notes) So I just searched for motorola drivers -> ended up on their site for latest USB drivers. Installed driver set, RSD protocol worked just fine... continued with unlocking procedure.
24th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #200  
Thanks Meter: 7

120 posts
Question: if I have ATT Atrix which sbf file should I download? The instructions weren't clear on that part.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atrix, bell, bootloader, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread