Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7] Neutrino ROM V2.9 ¦ V3.00b1 [24/02]

Tip us?

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogddy87 View Post
I've found a free software and right now it's running. It is pretty good but what he recover...it's croped. ...
think ahead, next time have dropbox or g+ installed and check auto upload

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus671 View Post
No matter how overwritten a file is, as long as you have the right software, you can recover it, without losing the new files. The only way to "truly" delete files is to destroy the device or the drive.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

That is more than likely software related, if the files were already over-written then the software has to find a new location on the drive to place the files, which causes files to get fragmented, that might explain why the files are getting cropped. A simple defrag may solve the problem with the cropped files, if not, it may be that the software you are using simply is not powerful enough for this purpose.

Protip for IT technicians and Administrators: When deleting a file, all you are doing is rewriting the file with a binary code that is read by the computer as empty space on the drive. The code is simply an 8-bit binary string of 0's. So believe it or not, when you delete a file or folder you are really overwriting it directly. This is why I said above that no matter how overwritten it is, the file can still be recovered.
actually afaik there is some information about the files whereabouts, and only that gets deleted after a quick format or deleting it(because you'll overwrite it if you need the space anyway), a proper format rewrites everything to zeros.
and it is almost impossible to fully delete all the information indeed, that is probably why microsoft doesn't give away used HDDs, they destroy it, but you can't recover ALL the information perfectly

Erebus671
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by balintmaci View Post
+1

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
ok so does anyone know if the screen shot issue is cm7 or neutrino related?
i draw a beautiful pikachu yesterday in draw something and i couldn't take a screenshot of it.
if someone is not familiar with the problem: in some apps after you press the screenshot button in a second the screen goes black, takes the screenshot, then it comes back but the picture is black.

Erebus671
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

actually afaik there is some information about the files whereabouts, and only that gets deleted after a quick format or deleting it(because you'll overwrite it if you need the space anyway), a proper format rewrites everything to zeros.
and it is almost impossible to fully delete all the information indeed, that is probably why microsoft doesn't give away used HDDs, they destroy it, but you can't recover ALL the information perfectly
You have a point there.. sometimes I get ahead of myself.

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
You have a point there.. sometimes I get ahead of myself.
i'm not sure about that tho but that's what i remember.

Erebus671
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
i'm not sure about that tho but that's what i remember.
I think you're right about the "perfectly" part, You CAN recover ANY deleted file, but that does not mean that it won't be corrupt or complete for that matter. So you are right, you do have a point.

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
I think you're right about the "perfectly" part, You CAN recover ANY deleted file, but that does not mean that it won't be corrupt or complete for that matter. So you are right, you do have a point.
and about the deleting part?
do you know anything about the SC issue i just mentioned?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

anyone knows a good site for learning how to modifiy a kernel?
i would like to play around with it i have some ideas

samiam21
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Can anyone tell me why there is numbers 1,2,4,5 and 0 and the rest is missing? That was different in 2.6 wasn't it? :what:

Gesendet von meinem MB860 mit Tapatalk 2

supergen007
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Wifi stopped working.
I am on 2.7 flashed over 2.6
It worked two days before

sent from my m'Atrix

ashad0509
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam21 View Post

Can anyone tell me why there is numbers 1,2,4,5 and 0 and the rest is missing? That was different in 2.6 wasn't it? :what:

Gesendet von meinem MB860 mit Tapatalk 2
Thats odd...all my numbers are there

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergen007 View Post
Wifi stopped working.
I am on 2.7 flashed over 2.6
It worked two days before

sent from my m'Atrix
What does it say when you try to turn wifi on? If it says "Error" try reflashing the kernel or fixing permissions

Motorola Atrix 4G (Neutrino v2.8 EE BETA)

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, neutrino, rom