Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! v3.3.0 3/17/14 [Performance+Battery Life Mods & Tweaks]

Tip us?
 
pikachu01
Old
#6611  
pikachu01's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4497
Posts: 6,192
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Penang
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXNyNe View Post
finally got around to it (had to install adb, been lazy)
it works

i typed both commands in after adb shell
the first told me "sleeping"
the second waited until i pressed the power button on the device itself to react and then brought me back to the shell, the device did wake up
i dont know if i was supposed to see anything else, but the phone didnt freeze or SoD (im assuming that's what we were looking for?)

so this should mean that the didle code in cm9 is working correctly (at least on the i777, probably others as well) right?
Yes, that means the wake/sleep mechanism is working. Try screenstate_scaling and see if it hangs at boot I'm pretty sure it won't. If it does, using ADB in recovery, delete the screenstate_scaling file.
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you in any way

[SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! tweaks
 
pikachu01
Old
#6612  
pikachu01's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4497
Posts: 6,192
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Penang
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.0 with an automounter. Mounts /system or any partition automatically. No need to manually mount it in CWM. Also tweaked some settings in the I/O scheduler to be a bit balanced in throughput vs latency. Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move it back to init.d to use it, or run it using Script Manager.

Changelog

4/19/2012 (2.7.0, LMK 1.10)
- Added an autoremount option, no need to mount /system or whatever partitions again before installing.
- Tweaked the I/O scheduler a bit to be a bit more balanced between latency and throughput.
- Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move to init.d if you're using I9000 or use Script Manager to launch the script at boot.
- Reverted the LMK to /data/local.prop. Seems to be the most reliable way for Gingerbread phones.
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you in any way

[SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! tweaks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ZaneZam
Old
#6613  
ZaneZam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2761
Posts: 961
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01 View Post
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.0 with an automounter. Mounts /system or any partition automatically. No need to manually mount it in CWM. Also tweaked some settings in the I/O scheduler to be a bit balanced in throughput vs latency. Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move it back to init.d to use it, or run it using Script Manager.

Changelog

4/19/2012 (2.7.0, LMK 1.10)
- Added an autoremount option, no need to mount /system or whatever partitions again before installing.
- Tweaked the I/O scheduler a bit to be a bit more balanced between latency and throughput.
- Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move to init.d if you're using I9000 or use Script Manager to launch the script at boot.
- Reverted the LMK to /data/local.prop. Seems to be the most reliable way for Gingerbread phones.
Thank you very much! Will check that new version soon on XWJW5!
Run out of thx, but i will deliver it in addition tomorrow, damn thx limit!
Galaxy S III (i9300) | Rom: XXUGND5 | Modem: XXUGNA8 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 5.4b1 | Governor: ZZMoove v0.9b4 | Tweaks: Fix FlashCounter | | Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) | Rom: XXDNF1 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 2.0b2 | | Galaxy S (i9000) | Rom: XWJW6 | Modem: XWJW1 | Kernel: Semaphore 2.7.4sbf | Tweaks: ThunderBolt! v2.7.6 | Mod: Boeffla Mod 5.0 blue
 
pikachu01
Old
#6614  
pikachu01's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4497
Posts: 6,192
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Penang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneZam View Post
Thank you very much! Will check that new version soon on XWJW5!
Run out of thx, but i will deliver it in addition tomorrow, damn thx limit!
I might release another one soon. In testing phase :P
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you in any way

[SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! tweaks
 
ZaneZam
Old
#6615  
ZaneZam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2761
Posts: 961
Join Date: Dec 2010
Thx! Cool in that case i will looking forward to this new version!
Galaxy S III (i9300) | Rom: XXUGND5 | Modem: XXUGNA8 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 5.4b1 | Governor: ZZMoove v0.9b4 | Tweaks: Fix FlashCounter | | Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) | Rom: XXDNF1 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 2.0b2 | | Galaxy S (i9000) | Rom: XWJW6 | Modem: XWJW1 | Kernel: Semaphore 2.7.4sbf | Tweaks: ThunderBolt! v2.7.6 | Mod: Boeffla Mod 5.0 blue
 
pikachu01
Old
#6616  
pikachu01's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4497
Posts: 6,192
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Penang
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.1 with minor tweaks to I/O scheduler again for better latency vs throughput. Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput. Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.

Changelog:
4/20/2012 (2.7.1)
- Changed CFQ I/O scheduler slice_idle for better latency vs throughput.
- Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput (credits to gokhanmoral for the values).
- Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you in any way

[SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! tweaks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
medicjunKie
Old
#6617  
medicjunKie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 1,043
Join Date: Mar 2012
Report working on LG myTouch e739

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
Just a drop, her blood still remains on my skin.
-
-
-

Nexus 5 hammerhead
Stock Rom
Stock Recovery
Stock Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to medicjunKie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
loomis
Old
#6618  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 288
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01 View Post
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.1 with minor tweaks to I/O scheduler again for better latency vs throughput. Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput. Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.

Changelog:
4/20/2012 (2.7.1)
- Changed CFQ I/O scheduler slice_idle for better latency vs throughput.
- Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput (credits to gokhanmoral for the values).
- Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.
Thanks Pika for the update, unfortunately I can't download the complete file, I had no issue of downloading 2.7.0, for 2.7.1 file that I downloaded, it only contain 554 bytes, same as the rest of the addon below.. strange...
 
hikarugo
Old
#6619  
hikarugo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 642
Posts: 611
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by darychia View Post
Thanks Pika for the update, unfortunately I can't download the complete file, I had no issue of downloading 2.7.0, for 2.7.1 file that I downloaded, it only contain 554 bytes, same as the rest of the addon below.. strange...
Got this problem too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
tibag777
Old
#6620  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 102
Join Date: Mar 2010
Restore pack doesn't work on JW4 Galaxy S. A lot of error messages on boot. Will you fix it Pika?

Tags
at&t galaxy sii, pikachu, script, sql optimization, system accelerator, thunderbolt, tweak, tweaks, zach, zipalign
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes