Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! v3.3.0 3/17/14 [Performance+Battery Life Mods & Tweaks]

OP pikachu01

19th April 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #6611  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,515

6,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXNyNe

finally got around to it (had to install adb, been lazy)
it works

i typed both commands in after adb shell
the first told me "sleeping"
the second waited until i pressed the power button on the device itself to react and then brought me back to the shell, the device did wake up
i dont know if i was supposed to see anything else, but the phone didnt freeze or SoD (im assuming that's what we were looking for?)

so this should mean that the didle code in cm9 is working correctly (at least on the i777, probably others as well) right?

Yes, that means the wake/sleep mechanism is working. Try screenstate_scaling and see if it hangs at boot I'm pretty sure it won't. If it does, using ADB in recovery, delete the screenstate_scaling file.
19th April 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #6612  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

6,197 posts
More
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.0 with an automounter. Mounts /system or any partition automatically. No need to manually mount it in CWM. Also tweaked some settings in the I/O scheduler to be a bit balanced in throughput vs latency. Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move it back to init.d to use it, or run it using Script Manager.

Changelog

4/19/2012 (2.7.0, LMK 1.10)
- Added an autoremount option, no need to mount /system or whatever partitions again before installing.
- Tweaked the I/O scheduler a bit to be a bit more balanced between latency and throughput.
- Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move to init.d if you're using I9000 or use Script Manager to launch the script at boot.
- Reverted the LMK to /data/local.prop. Seems to be the most reliable way for Gingerbread phones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #6613  
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,200 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.0 with an automounter. Mounts /system or any partition automatically. No need to manually mount it in CWM. Also tweaked some settings in the I/O scheduler to be a bit balanced in throughput vs latency. Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move it back to init.d to use it, or run it using Script Manager.

Changelog

4/19/2012 (2.7.0, LMK 1.10)
- Added an autoremount option, no need to mount /system or whatever partitions again before installing.
- Tweaked the I/O scheduler a bit to be a bit more balanced between latency and throughput.
- Moved touchscreen tweaks back to bolt_scripts. Move to init.d if you're using I9000 or use Script Manager to launch the script at boot.
- Reverted the LMK to /data/local.prop. Seems to be the most reliable way for Gingerbread phones.

Thank you very much! Will check that new version soon on XWJW5!
Run out of thx, but i will deliver it in addition tomorrow, damn thx limit!
19th April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #6614  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

6,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneZam

Thank you very much! Will check that new version soon on XWJW5!
Run out of thx, but i will deliver it in addition tomorrow, damn thx limit!

I might release another one soon. In testing phase :P
19th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #6615  
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,200 posts
Thx! Cool in that case i will looking forward to this new version!
19th April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #6616  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

6,197 posts
More
News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.1 with minor tweaks to I/O scheduler again for better latency vs throughput. Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput. Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.

Changelog:
4/20/2012 (2.7.1)
- Changed CFQ I/O scheduler slice_idle for better latency vs throughput.
- Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput (credits to gokhanmoral for the values).
- Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #6617  
Thanks Meter: 270

1,043 posts
Report working on LG myTouch e739

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to medicjunKie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #6618  
Thanks Meter: 80

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

News
Updated ThunderBolt! to v2.7.1 with minor tweaks to I/O scheduler again for better latency vs throughput. Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput. Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.

Changelog:
4/20/2012 (2.7.1)
- Changed CFQ I/O scheduler slice_idle for better latency vs throughput.
- Enabled TCP buffer tweaks to improve network throughput (credits to gokhanmoral for the values).
- Changed sched_mc to 0 in bolt_siyah script and commented out some lines. Uncomment them to enable its usage.

Thanks Pika for the update, unfortunately I can't download the complete file, I had no issue of downloading 2.7.0, for 2.7.1 file that I downloaded, it only contain 554 bytes, same as the rest of the addon below.. strange...
19th April 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #6619  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 660

618 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darychia

Thanks Pika for the update, unfortunately I can't download the complete file, I had no issue of downloading 2.7.0, for 2.7.1 file that I downloaded, it only contain 554 bytes, same as the rest of the addon below.. strange...

Got this problem too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #6620  
Thanks Meter: 6

107 posts
Restore pack doesn't work on JW4 Galaxy S. A lot of error messages on boot. Will you fix it Pika?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t galaxy sii, pikachu, script, sql optimization, system accelerator, thunderbolt, tweak, tweaks, zach, zipalign
Previous Thread Next Thread