Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T 4G LTE in Chicago..????? Horrible

Tip us?
 
BlackZenith
Old
#11  
BlackZenith's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 252
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by technillion View Post
I found that anywhere downtown, in the loop area or between buildings, 4G speeds were terrible..something like 3-6...but when I go more than 10 miles south, north or west of downtown, I was hitting 22-25!
Same here.
Sometimes it even goes to non-LTE 4G for a few seconds.
Note 3 + Gear 2
 
wase4711
Old
#12  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3500
Posts: 8,588
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Outside of Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
check this out; you might be surprised..

http://www.talkandroid.com/106484-ho...and+Updates%29
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...



ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SteveSlimer
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 70
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
I was just in an elevator in my office building in the South Loop and got 3 down and 3 up. Try that on T-mobile (which I just switched from).
 
bbgt2
Old
#14  
bbgt2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 1,053
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chitown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
check this out; you might be surprised..

http://www.talkandroid.com/106484-ho...and+Updates%29
Very nice read, thanks. I just dont understand how some other guys are getting 40+Mbs DL and 20+Mbs UL speeds, makes us here in Chicago look like we are on dial up. I know Chicago was rated as slowest ATT LTE in the nation but this article says we are on par with what we are getting. Either way I am happy with the speed but its a drug we all wanna go faster faster.
Oppo Find 7a
Nexus 5 - Stock
Nexus 7 - CM
LG Gpad 8.3-Stock
Samsung Galaxy S 5-Stock
Samsung Note 3-Stock

 
wase4711
Old
#15  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3500
Posts: 8,588
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Outside of Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgt2 View Post
Very nice read, thanks. I just dont understand how some other guys are getting 40+Mbs DL and 20+Mbs UL speeds, makes us here in Chicago look like we are on dial up. I know Chicago was rated as slowest ATT LTE in the nation but this article says we are on par with what we are getting. Either way I am happy with the speed but its a drug we all wanna go faster faster.
unless you see actual screenies of people getting that kind of speed, I wouldn't take much stock in it
I get around 40 meg downloads on wifi in my home office, but otherwise, I can't imagine seeing that on any carriers data network...eventually, that will probably be the norm, but not for now..
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...



ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..
 
bbgt2
Old
#16  
bbgt2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 1,053
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chitown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
unless you see actual screenies of people getting that kind of speed, I wouldn't take much stock in it
I get around 40 meg downloads on wifi in my home office, but otherwise, I can't imagine seeing that on any carriers data network...eventually, that will probably be the norm, but not for now..
Check this thread out, has some Speed Test results. Again I am happy with the speeds I am getting just hoping ATT updates their towers in Chitown as they have been saying they would.
Oppo Find 7a
Nexus 5 - Stock
Nexus 7 - CM
LG Gpad 8.3-Stock
Samsung Galaxy S 5-Stock
Samsung Note 3-Stock

 
wase4711
Old
#17  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3500
Posts: 8,588
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Outside of Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgt2 View Post
Check this thread out, has some Speed Test results. Again I am happy with the speeds I am getting just hoping ATT updates their towers in Chitown as they have been saying they would.
which thread, bro?
don't see any link in your post..
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...



ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..
 
bbgt2
Old
#18  
bbgt2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 1,053
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chitown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
which thread, bro?
don't see any link in your post..
Hahah, sorry have constipation of the brain. Here it is. Oh and BTW, LOVE YOUR SIG.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1567635
Oppo Find 7a
Nexus 5 - Stock
Nexus 7 - CM
LG Gpad 8.3-Stock
Samsung Galaxy S 5-Stock
Samsung Note 3-Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to bbgt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wase4711
Old
#19  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3500
Posts: 8,588
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Outside of Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgt2 View Post
Hahah, sorry have constipation of the brain. BTW, LOVE YOUR SIG.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1567635
A lot of that going around now..prune juice might help!

thanks
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...



ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..
 
hegemytouch
Old
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 543
Join Date: Mar 2010
I went to NYC the first time with an lte phone...got awesome speeds

Galaxy Note
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334852294507.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1013640  
Galaxy Note

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more