Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Student Account deploy [Found / Solved]

Tip us?

Exodusrasta
Old
(Last edited by Exodusrasta; 18th April 2012 at 07:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Student Account deploy [Found / Solved]

I rememeber that sometime ago I was at ChevronWP7 and I follow some links that had some deploy info. And I found a Thread with a .xap file and that .xap had a .reg like this
H K L M \ S o f t w a r e \ M i c r o s o f t \ D e v i c e R e g \ I n s t a l l
p a r m n a m e = " M a x U n s i g n e d A p p " v a l u e = " 2 1 4 7 4 8 3 6 4 7 " d a t a t y p e = " i n t e g e r "
Anyone know if this .xap will work with student account, if it works anyone know where can I download the .xap I forgot the link.

Exodusrasta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916098
DWL: http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/a...eloadLimit.xap

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
That app is extremely out of date. It was from before the interop-lock, and uses drivers that won't work for HTC phones with recent (post-Mango) firmware even if you are already interop-unlocked. It never worked on Dell phones, and won't work on Nokias or gen2 Samsungs either.

In order to even install it, much less run it, you'll need to be interop-unlocked already. Since the interop-lock is controlled by the MaxUnsignedApp registry value, being able to use the app means you're already allowed to sideload at least 300 apps. In other words, if you *can* run this app, you don't need to.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Exodusrasta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yep now I know, I open the .xml and there is the
<Capability Name="ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES" /> line...
I hate this line... eheheh