Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

htc EVO 3D display / digitizer failure.

OP wyrethewolf

13th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
i finally got to the end of my rope and took my phone to the local sprint service center. the phone was virtually unusuable and had a mind of it's own. originally i thought they'd replace the screen but it turned out that i had to get a whole new phone. i don't have insurance so it was a 35 fee.

i've always regretted getting rid of my evo 4g rooted with myn on it. i can't wait for the new 4g lte to come out so i can get rid of this thing.
14th April 2012, 09:10 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
HELP ME
Hope most of you are aware of the problem, yes the ghost touches and partial touchscreen dead(1 cm above the touch buttons mostly in my case)

this is so annoying it happens mostly wen i am in urgent need...i have read many threads but nothing seemed to be working

i am using the sprint cdma version which i got shipped from the USA to INDIA and as there is n sprint store i have to deal with this problem on my own..

i love this phone and don't wanna lose it...neither do i want to spend much
as what i have realised this is not a hardware issue.... i am having hboot 1.5
s-off and locked..every thing stock

i have tried touchscreen booster also but nothing worked....

never dropped the phone and treat it like my baby...

plz someone help me...)

regards JOBAN
14th April 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
:(
yesterday i did the line draw test when the screen was giving me problem...by *#*#3424#*#*
method... and the lower part of the screen acted weird... but in d morning the screen was okay and no issues were reported not even with the line draw test...
but i know the problem will come back...

and thnx for the reply guys..)

still fix needed... idk y there is no fix for the issue when so many people are facing the problem... maybe because almost ol of them have a nearby sprint store... i don't have one coz i am in INDIA.... so help me..)
16th April 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #44  

41 posts
this is a hardware issue so the only fix is to replace the screen or get a new phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_joban

yesterday i did the line draw test when the screen was giving me problem...by *#*#3424#*#*
method... and the lower part of the screen acted weird... but in d morning the screen was okay and no issues were reported not even with the line draw test...
but i know the problem will come back...

and thnx for the reply guys..)

still fix needed... idk y there is no fix for the issue when so many people are facing the problem... maybe because almost ol of them have a nearby sprint store... i don't have one coz i am in INDIA.... so help me..)

19th April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 7

20 posts
More
Hi guys. I just signed up to let you know that I've been having the same issue. Basically a rectangular dead spot in the middle. Sometimes the spot doubles in size, rarely it disappears. I went to Sprint, they said IF they had the parts in the store, it costs $35 without insurance. Luckily it's still under manufacturer's warranty, so I called HTC and sent it in. A couple of things I hated about HTC; one, they wanted me to pay for shipping. After going back and forth with the rep, I got them to email me a label. IT'S A DEFECT! Not my fault. Second, it seems like they insisted I did the damage to the phone (asked if I dropped it 20 times) even though it's common. Of course I had to go on Craigslist to buy a temporary phone which was a pain.

I'll keep you all posted once I get the phone back I think my next step is to sell it as soon as I get it and get a Samsung or something.
21st April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #46  
Flag Ripon, WI

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackxiii

HTC must know by now they have produced a faulty product.

They knew it weeks before it left the factory. Hell, I'm sure they paid some guy a 6 figure bonus to make sure of it, and to time it just outside the warranty period. If it were one, maybe two, devices, it would be one thing, but this sounds like a common "planned obscelecence" type thing. Just like the earpieces...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 175

633 posts
I took my 10 month old E3D in yesterday because the power button was screwy, it had dust under the screen, and it didn't seem to have the best signal. Well, I noticed that it seemed like sometimes the notification bar wasn't pulling down like it should.. Hmm, I've had an android phone for 3, it hasn't been an issue before..

So I ran the multitouch test. Wow, if I get near the top right corner, it has a second, sometimes 3rd, press near the bottom of the screen that is registering. If I put ANY pressure at all (slightly more than I may normally use) it registers 3-4 presses all over the place.

But the top right corner, without fault, will register multiple presses just from a single finger. This stupid thing is going back.
25th April 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 19

201 posts
I have this very same issue on my phone. I bought it into my local sprint store, and asked them to order me a replacement. Since I had insurance, they ordered one for me. They're on backorder though, so I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I'm gonna call on Friday if I do not hear from them.
22nd May 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 17

66 posts
Bleh it started happening off and on on my 3D about a month ago. I figured I could deal until the LTE was out, but with the silver fruit induced delay it looks like I'm really without phone for two days.

Basically the capacitive buttons are useless, or there are presses towards the bottom of the screen, which is making the phone actually induce phone calls to the last person on my history... which is my boss, I think he might be getting annoyed.
23rd May 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 88

399 posts
More
I just had my screen replaced yesterday. Mine was at the point that it was completely unusable. Took it to Sprint and they replaced the screen for free.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3vo, digitizer, display, evo3d, failure
Previous Thread Next Thread