Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading sooner than I thought

Tip us?

sjpritch25
Old
Thanks Meter 107
If i could upgrade now, I would get the rezound. Its s-off, but its hasn't been released yet. The Inc2 is great, but I would like 4g lte.
VZW SGS III
Unlocked Bootloader
Android Version 4.1.2
M.O.A.Rv4.0.1 Verizon 10
3.0.69-KT747 ktoonsez Kernal

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1106
I'll be getting a thunderbolt tomorrow. It's no rezound but still w good phone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

sjpritch25
Old
Thanks Meter 107
yep
VZW SGS III
Unlocked Bootloader
Android Version 4.1.2
M.O.A.Rv4.0.1 Verizon 10
3.0.69-KT747 ktoonsez Kernal

Tarpit_Carnivore
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post

Thunderbolt has worse battery than than the Rezound.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
Thunderbolt has worse battery than than the Rezound.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
Oh well. I'll just get an extended battery.

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post

my wife has a bolt (extended battery) and even with 4g now i wouldnt trade my inc2 with her...she barely makes it through the day and the screen looks washed out

i think wvga res shouldnt have been on any phone larger than 4 inches

from a development standpoint, its been abandoned by virtually all of its better devs as well

RegnierD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 400
I'm jumping ship from the DInc2 here in a month or so. The moment the Sprint OneX/EVO variant is announced for pre-order, I'm on it. I'm not activated with Verizon anymore, I had to cancel service and I lost my unlimited data plan, which suuuuuuuucked, but oh well. VZW just got too expensive, and with their new upgrade fees, they don't really have a competitive price edge versus other carriers anymore. Plus, Sprint is deploying LTE pretty soon, which is a perk for them for me.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Having problems with root/S-Off on your DInc2? Visit my help thread here!

Device: HTC One M8
ROM: Stock International
Kernel: Bundled w/rom
Recovery: Latest TWRP
Device History:
HTC Droid Incredible -> Samsung Fascinate -> LG Revolution -> HTC Droid Incredible 2 -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Evo 4G LTE -> Samsung Galasy S III -> Samsung Galaxy SIV -> LG Nexus 4 -> HTC One M8

faehsemc
Old
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegnierD View Post
I'm jumping ship from the DInc2 here in a month or so. The moment the Sprint OneX/EVO variant is announced for pre-order, I'm on it. I'm not activated with Verizon anymore, I had to cancel service and I lost my unlimited data plan, which suuuuuuuucked, but oh well. VZW just got too expensive, and with their new upgrade fees, they don't really have a competitive price edge versus other carriers anymore. Plus, Sprint is deploying LTE pretty soon, which is a perk for them for me.

I would go sprint.. but in Florida and Georgia, they have the worst coverage period...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegnierD View Post

i think if you have to jump carriers, sprint is the only wtg currently cuz you can still get unlimited data from them

their competitive edge has slipped a lot financially the last year or so with cutting discounts and increasing fees but still a very good option

unless you live in an lte launch area for them though i wouldnt count on that service being available for awhile...sprint doesnt seem to be strong enough financially to make a rapid expansion possible
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbarcus81
Old
(Last edited by jbarcus81; 19th April 2012 at 04:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
i think if you have to jump carriers, sprint is the only wtg currently cuz you can still get unlimited data from them

their competitive edge has slipped a lot financially the last year or so with cutting discounts and increasing fees but still a very good option

unless you live in an lte launch area for them though i wouldnt count on that service being available for awhile...sprint doesnt seem to be strong enough financially to make a rapid expansion possible
I would have jumped ship a long time ago to Sprint but their coverage in my particular area, 45750, is strange at best... technically my locale is roaming but they don't charge for the roaming.. voice coverage is 100% and phenomenal but data is where it starts to change a bit.. as you can see I'm the push pin and well just have a look..

// Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread!!!!
!! Always read the OP of any discussion !!
Current Device
Verizon HTC One (M8)
HTC Droid DNA Retired

Public Butthurt Reporting Form
My posts are NEVER designed for the mobile user.. Sorry!!
Quote:
"start a multi page flame war with grenades that shoot out snakes when they blow up, and the snakes actually spit out a bunch of mini grenades that blow up."