New-T-Mobile Radio/Modem Thread

Search This thread

Longevite

Sep 21, 2011
lol yea i did it shortly after i posted that...everything is the same on my note as my S2 and that link but i just get the constant "sending" sign for picture messages

EDIT: So I can receive MMS but still wont send...interesting

take screen shot of the APN setting post in here. Also change the data to Edge it will help.
Most of the time if I can't send pic I change to E and it sent.
On the Note if you dont have the option to set to 2G speed, only way to do is dial *#2263# and set to GSM

Last edited:

bryancotton84

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
take screen shot of the APN setting post in here. Also change the data to Edge it will help.
Most of the time if I can't send pic I change to E and it sent.
On the Note if you dont have the option to set to 2G speed, only way to do is dial *#2263# and set to GSM

My APN is the same as what T-Mobile says on their FAQ page, tried the switch to 2G and it still didnt work....

reebop2k

Apr 11, 2012
I received my i717 from CanadaGSM late yesterday afternoon. I am seeing mostly 3 out of 5 bars with occasionally 4 on T-Mobile at my home in Dallas, TX. In the several tests I ran with Speedtest, I've see 1500 kps down / 90 up with 3 bars and 2500 kps down / 250 up with 4 bars. I have also seen as high as 5000 kps down /600 kps up, but that has been rare. I've had no dropped calls (one call today was about an hour) and I was able to get on with my phone right away. I've tweaked no settings at this time. I haven't checked battery life as of yet but I can say it is much better than my Nokia N900.

I did find that their GMail e-mail address has been entered everywhere to download BusyBox from the Market, so I've needed to change all of that. I wished they would have noted that in a short set of instructions included in the package. All the included accessories were included and the plastic protector packaging on the phone was all in place.

So far, I'm quite happy with the phone. Paying a premium for a phone with the modem flashing already done was a huge time saver for me.

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
For me the phone was cheaper than any local dealer and saved me the effort to root and flash.

Rogers would have been $700 + taxes, 1 month service and a $35 activation fee + however much $ to unlock.

Im a happy camper.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

PoLaRBe4r

Nov 4, 2010
Gatineau, Quebec
For me the phone was cheaper than any local dealer and saved me the effort to root and flash.

Rogers would have been $700 + taxes, 1 month service and a $35 activation fee + however much $ to unlock.

Im a happy camper.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

I bought my rogers from bestbuy @ 649 with month to month contract, called in the next day, canceled the contract, paid my month, and voila. :)

matt3allen

Feb 25, 2012
chicago
best t-mobile tmo tmobile 3g 4g data

Ive tried all the ICS roms (except the new Alpha III) using each modem(blaze,kid,telus(telus usually best) and none of them are good enough to be a daily driver cuz data is so inconsitent nothing loads properly for longer that 3 minutes and if your moving like on a train forget about it. (Im only commenting on tmobile data ability, not the ROMs)

Hands down the best and most useable setup for T-mobile users:

ROM : SAUROM_XLA2_RC4A
kernel : holoNoteKernel-0.1-2-k (DON'T flash the kernel fix it will fawk your sheet up cuz its for RC5 and up)
modem : Blaze_4G_LB7_radio_ATTNOTE

extra---
TWlauncher default launcher
setcpu: 192min 1836max lagfree
V6 supercharged. megaram1 768+ HP
KAK kickasskernel (k)
not turbocharged (not scared to use now that i have 4g useable)
rom toolbox: SD boost 2048kb
used part of build.prop tweaks from the (Tweaks) build.prop Post in Dev section. only the ones for sleep, and screen touch improve, jpg and no boot animation. nothing that effected oom

dhoang

Jun 18, 2008
Orange County, CA
Like i've mentioned before, this phone is awesome. All we need is more stable 4G data for ICS for us T-mobile, Mobilicity, and Wind etc...users. I think we should set up a bounty. What do you guys think? Does anyone know any good modem devs? Perhaps we could ask them for help.

@OP can we start the bounty in this thread or should we create a new thread?

mythus

Oct 29, 2008
I've been trying to setup a donation thread in development. im in 20$ lets just get this done and give someone in$piration to take the task.

Last edited:

Adapt0r

Jan 17, 2009
Results of ppl experimentation led me to assume that it might be hardware, in particular, antenna filters or something else that is frequency dependent preventing getting strong signal.
It seems to be proven that signal level on the Note is always lower than on SGS2, for example. This automatically results in lower data rates.
Phones carry the same baseband processing chips but Note might be missing something in the RF hardware making desired performance out of reach.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To All, This is a new thread dedicated to trying to resolve the known problems with the current Hacked Radio/modems we all have experienced.

Please do not post already known issues over and over I will delete them. The Effort is to keep this thread clean and up to date with newly discovered fixes an/or new bugs.

Both Allgamer and I have a Note so any developer that needs something tested pm us and we will assist you as best we can

The issues we all seem to have experienced Are:

1. Dropped calls, this is a big issue... need to phone to never fail us..... especially for those who are business dependent.

2. Low up load speeds

3. Inconsistent data speed issues

4. Data dropping

5. Battery Drain/heat issues

If there are other specific issues that arise please post and I will itemize in the OP. Let's see if we can draft the assistance of a developer (s) who are excellent with radio/modem hacking. We are close to a final fix let's try to get across the finish line to 100% success.
    Thanks to All who have to date helped in the quest of finding a perfect fix.
    SPECIAL THANKS to All who paid the bounty..... kept your word....... and helped in any other way...... It REALLY warms the soul to know our community can come together and follow through on commitments......... Thank you all.... Oka1

Allgamer posted this for a fix for some : In case anyone still have the drop call issues, here's a good work around http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=2
    Send me your e-mail address so I can send you the link so you can download the modem.

If I or someone else have helped you in any kind of way please press. Thank you
    One problem though, Telus does not use aws/1700.

The only reason their galaxy s2 does is because they used the same model as T-Mobile. So basically they just took off the T-Mobile branding and used the same phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

That's right. ... the T989 Hercules was like a super global phone that worked with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300028

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
    RESERVED.....
    No I still get this and nothing to click or touch

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I updated the link in my original post so you should be able to see the zip file now. You might need to download it from a PC if you continue to have problems.