MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

Any hope for this bricked phone?

19th April 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I was trying to install a new kernel for my Epic 4g so I could possibly upgrade or get rid of the ****ty theme that came with the phone I bought on ebay. Whilst doing so through Odin I believe it said Failed and now my phone won't boot into any mode.

Is there any hope for this phone or anyway I can take it to a sprint dealer and possibly con them into getting a replacement?
19th April 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #2  
‹BERô's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,928
 
13,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried battery cpr? Leaving it plugged in holding the buttons for download mode(1 and the power button) and popping in and out the battery?

Get a better cable that's probably why it failed. Also huh? Flashing a new kernel for a new theme??? Makes no sense bro speak some english

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
19th April 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #3  
etirkca's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
You can't boot to recovery or even download mode? Does the screen turn on at all when trying to power on? No Samsung logo or boot screen?

Although it's possible, I won't address the attempt to con Sprint...


Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 09:26 AM   |  #4  
b16flybye's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 88
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Send it to me. I'll pay shipping. Haha. Your just soft bricked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
19th April 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by b16flybye

Send it to me. I'll pay shipping. Haha. Your just soft bricked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I have the same problem. Can't boot into ANY mode. Generally "soft bricked" phones can get into download mode right?

Any suggestions what I can do? I have TEP so I was thinking of just taking it in.

No lights come on, nothing happens at all. If I leave it plugged in the battery gets a little warm, but that's the ONLY sign of life...
19th April 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
MДЯCЦSДИT's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag in a box
Thanks Meter: 4,622
 
6,129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucJoe

I have the same problem. Can't boot into ANY mode. Generally "soft bricked" phones can get into download mode right?

Any suggestions what I can do? I have TEP so I was thinking of just taking it in.

No lights come on, nothing happens at all. If I leave it plugged in the battery gets a little warm, but that's the ONLY sign of life...

Remove the battery and SD then replug into your PC and reboot download mode. The reason people brick like this is repartitioning with only a kernel or checking bootloader.

--------------------------------------
19th April 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusant

Remove the battery and SD then replug into your PC and reboot download mode.

I have done this, still nothing coming up. I even tried the "Battery CPR" suggested above. Nothing at all from the phone...

Quote:

The reason people brick like this is repartitioning with only a kernel or checking bootloader.

That is exactly what happened I accidentally checked repartition with only a kernel
19th April 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #8  
‹BERô's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,928
 
13,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucJoe

I have done this, still nothing coming up. I even tried the "Battery CPR" suggested above. Nothing at all from the phone...



That is exactly what happened I accidentally checked repartition with only a kernel

No hope go play stupid at sprint/pay for a new one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
19th April 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERô

No hope go play stupid at sprint/pay for a new one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Would that even work if I'm not a sprint customer?
19th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHype

Would that even work if I'm not a sprint customer?

Nope, need to be a sprint customer and have TEP

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERô

No hope go play stupid at sprint/pay for a new one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

omg. I was about to head out to Sprint when I tried for the 99th time to put it in download mode. and it popped up! (battery only)

I thought for sure this thing was dead. How is this possible if I was doing the EXACT same thing repeatedly, eventually it works?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes