Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2: Comparison reviews make me love my SGS2 even more

Tip us?

stonew5082
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Its called the gs3. Wait for it. That is all.
Galaxy S 3
T-Mobile/ATT Conglomorate

curious_yellow_eyes
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I love my Nexus. I was also on a toss up between the two, but I'm so glad I went for the Nexus.
The storage is a pain, but really only because all my pcs run various flavours of Linux and the mtp thing is a pain, with an external storage I could still mount it. I just use adb to transfer files.
I haven't really experienced the camera on an sgs2 but the 5mp in the nexus definitely takes better pictures than the 8mp in my previous Sony Ericsson. And it takes them quickly.
Most importantly though, the sgs 2 is ugly, and the nexus is beautiful. In my opinion at least. And I spend a lot of time looking at my phone so it's important that it looks nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 19th April 2012 at 05:09 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu. View Post
yup pretty much because I disagree with you on most of your points

S2 has the superior hardware...oh and that's fact.

Both have ICS now so that's not an advantage.

S2 has a better camera (fact).

My S2 has 50GB of capacity right now (with 32GB micro card). Can't do that on a nexus. (fact).

Sorry dude but you're being biased.
i'll tell you how much biased i am.

i said i own both devices. i get my experiences first hand. so, how is the s2 faster exactly? you got that from a benchmark? come on! im playing games on my devices, shine runner, temple run, i browse alot, i download, record music, record vidos, play movies, etc., the s2 is great, but it ain't faster - this is pure placebo. throw anything you want at the nexus, it'll take it.

camera ... what the heck. i am an amateur photographer, one that owns real cameras. if you dont believe me take a look here. comments that say this toy cam is better than that one are pure b/s. now these silly phone-cams make good snapshots and if you can live with that its just a fun thing to do. nexus makes good snapshots, alright, no doubt about that. to say the s2 is "better" makes me cringe - its just silly.

third point, they both have ICS now. well, how? the s2 certainly does not officially. what it got was not ICS but touchwizz, which is an entirely different creature. some say miscarriage. inofficially it has cm9 now, which is the biggest thing that ever happened to that poor thing ever, i myself run it. but that came half a year later and is still buggy. its entire rom culture is dependent on the efforts of the cm9 team and nexus roms like aokp. it sucks and you know it. again, nexus = adb + fastboot + google aosp + hardware drivers + updates + awesome roms.

you're right about the sd. that is about the only reason to get a s2. i really didn't intend to make the s2 look bad, though. these were just my experiences with it---

Nosferatu.
Old
Thanks Meter 298
lol did I hit a nerve with you

From my real world experience the S2 is smoother. Anyways we can agree to disagree. For those who asked, try both out and make your decision based on that both are great phones.

http://www.phonebuff.com/2012/01/sna...performs-best/

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 19th April 2012 at 05:25 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,393

DONATE TO ME
well, i just tried it out. gearth is fluid, i can rotate 3d building just fine, middle of crowded new york. sometimes it has a slight lag when i pinch it wide but nothing like what he had in the vid. who knows what the guy is running there, what version of gearth, silly unrooted stock maybe, etc. i still call the argument that the s2 is faster hokus pokus, because i own and used them both. its neglectable. but yeah as you say, opinions won't do anything so to each his own.

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 20th April 2012 at 12:06 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,393

DONATE TO ME
out of curiosity ...i just tried it with my s2 now. it is the same, im getting the same little lag. im not noticing even the tiniest difference between the two. that video is bull****, im starting to think he rigged it or something or his nexus was broken. and will you explain what you mean with "real life experience." did you actually own a nexus? :-S

Nosferatu.
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
out of curiosity ...i just tried it with my s2 now. it is the same, im getting the same little lag. im not noticing even the tiniest difference between the two. that video is bull****, im starting to think he rigged it or something or his nexus was broken. and will you explain what you mean with "real life experience." did you actually own a nexus? :-S
My friend owns a VZW Galaxy Nexus we've played with each others a bit and so I'm aware of how the Nexus performs.

We did try playing with Android Beam, care to enlighten me how that works?