5,605,438 Members 43,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wall Charger with detachable Cord Rapid charge

Tip us?

PhantomWraith
Old
(Last edited by PhantomWraith; 19th April 2012 at 02:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Thumbs up Wall Charger with detachable Cord Rapid charge

Here's a link to a Wall charger I found for the galaxy note on Ebay that does appear to have the pins shorted already and comes with a detachable cable for 6 bucks if anyone is interested. I ordered this for a friend and it does show AC Charging when it is plugged in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140721138559...84.m1497.l2648

Ordered 2 more of these for myself will run the terminal test on them once I get them to confirm for sure rapid charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomWraith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpg71
Old
(Last edited by jpg71; 19th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.) Reason: Confirmed
Thanks Meter 64
Good stuff, thanks. A quick check on Amazon, however, shows that you might be able to get em quicker and cheaper.

Anyone know if this is the same thing? http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Charge...4847389&sr=8-1

Just checked, the part numbers match up, though one of them transposed an 0 for an O ETA0U20JBE vs ETAOU20JBE
The Following User Says Thank You to jpg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jim Dead
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I found the charger in the OP is good but not is rapid as it could be

I have never rooted my AT&T Note phone

I found the only way to determine how fast the phone is charging is by using a terminal program and:

cat /sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc

Which will show ma *10 from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519084

The charger & cable combination above (OP) maxes out under 900 ma

The stock charger & CABLE that came with my phone will do 1000.7 ma
If I use the cable from the charger in OP with the stock charger, it maxes out to under 900 ma

After using several cables & carger combinations, I found the battery status can say AC (fast charging) even though its only charging at 400 ma In the 400 ma case, it was the cable which I threw out, (I was using the stock charger) even though it worked as a data & charging cable..... I don't want to grab it and use it accidently and have my phone take forever to charge.

The lesson I learned is always verify your charging setup.... Especially for charging while in your car when using GPS, LTE data, and play music. For the car, I use a Griffen iPad (I have no i* products) carger with:
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Adapter-...d=7NRVJS6JI4DY
and a cable that I verified would charge my phone at 1000.7 ma.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Dead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhantomWraith
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg71 View Post
Good stuff, thanks. A quick check on Amazon, however, shows that you might be able to get em quicker and cheaper.

Anyone know if this is the same thing? http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Charge...4847389&sr=8-1

Just checked, the part numbers match up, though one of them transposed an 0 for an O ETA0U20JBE vs ETAOU20JBE
That is an excellent find! I searched for something like that on amazon in the past and didn't find anything could be I'm a prime account too and it just didn't show up due to that. Thank You!

armedmetallica
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dead View Post

cat /sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc

Which will show ma *10 from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519084
is there a way to get this into a script of some sort? I know nothing of linux or android... but tried to save a .sh file with these two lines:

PHP Code:
su
cat 
/sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc 
i get an error saying that device batt is not found... it looks like the statement from the script got cut. i copy/pasted it from the post directly into notepad and saved as a .sh - could that be why?

th3g1z
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedmetallica View Post
is there a way to get this into a script of some sort? I know nothing of linux or android... but tried to save a .sh file with these two lines:

PHP Code:
su
cat 
/sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc 
i get an error saying that device batt is not found... it looks like the statement from the script got cut. i copy/pasted it from the post directly into notepad and saved as a .sh - could that be why?
Try

sudo cat /sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc

Enter pssswd / grant perm from su app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Current: G2 (D800) GNote 2 LTE, Nexus 7 FHD

Past - HTC: One, Jetstream | Samsung: i717, i777 | Moto: Atrix, Backflip | LG: Thrill | Apple: iPhone 4-4S/3G-S/2G | Blackberry: 8300, 8800 | Nokia: N71 ... and you know all the others I forget going back to the startak