Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATE] Video Links added. GPS Dongle Test Findings on its Performance.

Tip us?

Techienana
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Re the sunglasses and the screen - that would be a definite yes. I use my tablet in our vehicle all the time and on bright days I have to wear my sunglasses due to being a little sensitive to bright light. The screen looks great on Super and on not so bright days I can even use it on regular IPS.

And ditto on what Buxtahuda said about the older ones (that'd be me!) finding the screen size to be a real plus when using GPS. I usually ride in the front passenger seat and get to guide my husband and he likes getting a quick look at the map but on our cellphones, even my nice Samsung Galaxy S II, he can't see the map So bigger is better for older eyes.

flyingwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Thank you Nancy in marketing. I just received both of mine.

For those wondering, came via FedEx, shipped on the 17th.

Eoin247
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I applied for the dongle, but i only did so because i can and it's free.

Really am not interested much in GPS, Would much rather proper WiFi on this thing. The mind boggles as to why they are addressing a removed spec before a spec that is actually still with the product.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eoin247 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatyas View Post
WTH I applied on 4/16 and mine still just says submitted.

*EDIT* Ok so I think it is because I have a champagne prime. Has anyone received a champagne dongle yet?
I ordered on 4/6 when the application went up prematurely, and my status is still at "application submitted ". Champagne prime here.

ylexot
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I'm looking forward to a good ROM with Cornerstone so I can have one window with navigation, one with Trapster, and another with Slacker or Pandora.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

David522d
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot View Post
I'm looking forward to a good ROM with Cornerstone so I can have one window with navigation, one with Trapster, and another with Slacker or Pandora.

That would be dope.

flub
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot View Post

There already is a good rom with cornerstone
Phones...★Samsung Galaxy Note★ ★Dell Streak★
Tablets...★Nexus 7★ ★Asus Transformer Prime★ ★Hannspree Hannspad★

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY View Post
I hear you. Me myself I have never used any of my tablets as a gps device, honestly speaking is there really a need for one in tablets at all?? I figure that Apple (bad name to use here, I know) thought the same, this is why the wifi models come with AGPS only. In all honesty, i would bet that more than half of the people complaining about gps will probably barely use the dongle after a few weeks. My tab is just for games, movies, music and some work. If I need Google maps and GPS, that's what my phone is for
the new Ipad wifi model doesn't even have AGPS. it only has wifi and digital compass for its location services. I posted the screenshot of the official apple spec in another thread or something a week or ago.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

mick3444
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I just got mine in the mail!!! I applied on tuesday and have already recieved it. Great Job on the fast shipping asus!!!
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Rom: Viper4G 3.0.0

Past Devices: -lg optimus s-samsung transform-kyocera echo-asus transformer (wifi)-Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch-Transformer Prime-Galaxy Nexus

Treat others how you want to be
treated!!!

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044
OK...this is for the people that asked for the wallpapers used in my photos from this thread and Land of Droid. I've attached a zip file with those wallpapers and some others for you all. all of them high resolution pics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wallpapercollection.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.37 MB, 25 views)

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following User Says Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gps, gps dongle, gps test results, prime gps, prime gps dongle