[discussion] making the defy faster and smoother

Search This thread

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
That must be one hell of a Defy u got there if u managed to score around 25,000 points in
Quadrant ;)

For some reason the defy phones in some way seems to score higher than the +, god knows why.

I tried to run a Sonic the hedgehog game with my best settings it ran really smooth and the handling seemed better than ever. But more smoothness never hurt as long as it doesnt decrease speed. I rather run like that and get a better battery :)

Do u know if those scripts work on the +?

NB, I did have it OC'ed @ 1265 MHz - if I remember correctly...

Day to Day I run @ 1200 Mhz & test my speediness? using Linpack ^^

I'm getting 23.037 MFLOPS on ICS by Wajk...

I'll take smoothness over speed anyday :D

Squirol

Apr 3, 2012
Unsupercharged my Defy :(

Super Charge... Makes it impossible to kill other apps & dats the downfall

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

I noticed a little bit of smoothness while deploying some menus, but I noticed a small lag on Player Pro, and it killed Whatsapp all the time, I couldn't actually use it without force closing it and reloading the app, which beats the purpose of using it. Also, I noticed my 3G started behaving weirdly, it disappeared if I turned off the screen, even though I've set my battery to performance mode.
Performance isn't really a pain with my phone, once I replaced the Launcher and froze most of the MotoBloat :)

It held a lot of promises, but I can't sacrifice my messaging, mailing and internet services for a tad more smoothness...

NI55AN

Jan 13, 2012
Hartlepool
You don't really need other memory managing programs once it is supercharged I think it says it somewhere on the v6 supercharger page.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
I personally don't use similar programs alongside v6 supercharger on cm7.2

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

What is msginger like compared to cm7 ( battery life, performance and stability)

You don't really need other memory managing programs once it is supercharged I think it says it somewhere on the v6 supercharger page.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
I personally don't use similar programs alongside v6 supercharger on cm7.2

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

What is msginger like compared to cm7 ( battery life, performance and stability)

better battery life, great performance (even for a semi stock ROM), not a single fc and, at top of that, 720p recording

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk

NI55AN

Jan 13, 2012
Hartlepool
I tried ms2ginger, i like it so much its my main rom now.
Really smooth 1.2ghz, v6 supercharged, nitro lag nullifier and a few build.prop tweaks.

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
Nothing But Speed!

I tried ms2ginger, i like it so much its my main rom now.
Really smooth 1.2ghz, v6 supercharged, nitro lag nullifier and a few build.prop tweaks.

You should try my new ROM, Nothing But Speed, which is based on MS2Ginger 3.0. I've applied V6 SuperCharger, Nitro Lag Nullifier, DeBlur and mmcfix (SD card issue eliminator) and uploaded the system partition's nandroid backup just like MS2Ginger. :)

krixoff

Nov 30, 2011
Hello,

Is Supercharger working on CM9 nightly 120416 from Epsylon, i have a defy with bayer module ( i dunno if it's green or red, i don't see very well which color it is :( ).

Because i tried to install severals times supercharger and it's always failed..

The way i tried to install is:

1- i install Busybox 1.16.2
2- i run Script manager
3- i check browse as root
4- i run *.sh file as root
5- i choose options and reboot

and bootloop... i can do everything, it doesnt want to boot to ics, i did wipe cache, davlik, data.

I'm always reflashing and reinstalling ics, i dunno why..

then i can't do services.jar part..

Anyone have this issues?

Thanks in advance.

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
I own a Defy+. Running CM7.2 at 1Ghz. Quadrant 2 gives a score of 1837 (avg of 4 times). I'm installing V6 and will try to report the results soon..

NITRO_100

Mar 10, 2011
Zagreb
Hello,

Is Supercharger working on CM9 nightly 120416 from Epsylon, i have a defy with bayer module ( i dunno if it's green or red, i don't see very well which color it is :( ).

Because i tried to install severals times supercharger and it's always failed..

The way i tried to install is:

1- i install Busybox 1.16.2
2- i run Script manager
3- i check browse as root
4- i run *.sh file as root
5- i choose options and reboot

and bootloop... i can do everything, it doesnt want to boot to ics, i did wipe cache, davlik, data.

I'm always reflashing and reinstalling ics, i dunno why..

then i can't do services.jar part..

Anyone have this issues?

Thanks in advance.

Did you install the busybox from supercharger forum ? Did you use latest script ? Did you read the script output ? And did you maybe use the resupercharger option ? Cause that option also give me bootloop. But it runs well.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
try CM9 ^^

Linpack gives me 24 Mflops using following cfg

SetVsel - 19/300, 33/700, 54/1200

Scripts: Juwe11 ram script, loopysmoothness script

VMheap size = 16m

It's real smooth... :cool:

PS - Saw a HTC Evo w/ 41 Mflops on You Tube!? :OMG: (was OC'd to 1.4Ghz if memory is correct)

Last edited:

dryan9004

Apr 21, 2012
defy cm7.2 v6 supercharged

So I have my defy rooted with cm7.2 and supercharged. I overclocked up to 1200 but my scores are only about 2100. Can anyone give me some advice for a stable device but higher scores, I know you may want to know my settings and I will put them up here. I know its performing much better, I just thought it should be smoother and faster. Maybe I am expecting too much!?

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
My recent benchmark score..
6a4c96d6-8ab3-984d.jpg

Doesn't matter from where I send it, what matters is written above

Top Liked Posts