Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Energy vs Revolution

Tip us?

ernieg92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Energy vs Revolution

Has anyone tried both of these ROMs on the Amaze? I've read all 46 pages of the Revolution forum and several Energy. Both look like they meet my needs. But I'd like a good comparison between them.

My needs:
- Close to stock feel/look (like the blue themes)
- Ability to remove pre-installed apps/bloatware
- Wi-fi calling (must have due to my location)
- Better battery life
- A bit snappier
- Free tethering would be a bonus

I've read that some have experienced texting and mms sending issues with Energy and some say that Revolution is outdated.

I realize YMMV, but I'd appreciate a comparison between the 2. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
Current Device
Phone: HTC Amaze 4G
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5RC2
ROM: AHRD 3
glacierguy Old
(Last edited by glacierguy; 19th April 2012 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter
I'm loving Revolution right now... And I ran Energy since the day it came out.

It has the stock feel and way easier to customise. It feels better than the stock Rom I just came from.

They're both easy to debloat and deodexed.

I use my phone so much that I get roughly the same battery life on both.

Both ROMs are very fast and snappy.

I would recommend both... But I'm preferring ARHD right now.

MrMako777 points out a good point though in another threas. ARHD is 1.36 build so no WiFi calling, so if u need that, then Energy would be better (although I prefer stock rooted over energy)

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F033x
Old
Thanks Meter 62
http://www.android-dev.us/showthread...0-Wifi-Calling
The Following User Says Thank You to F033x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ernieg92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy View Post
It has the stock feel and way easier to customise. It feels better than the stock Rom I just came from.
Do you mean Revolution is easier to customise or Energy?

Quote:
MrMako777 points out a good point though in another threas. ARHD is 1.36 build so no WiFi calling, so if u need that, then Energy would be better (although I prefer stock rooted over energy)
Hmmm. That's a little confusing. On the Revolution Thread, it says that there is "improved wi-fi calling" (from Post #1, ARHD 1.1.0 release date 19 Nov 11). Maybe since I need to have wi-fi calling, I should go with Energy.

Have you had the opportunity to test wi-fi calling with either one? Any issues (notably, the sending problems with Energy or the lack of capability with ARHD)?

Thanks again!
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Sorry... Revolution is identical to stock as far as UI look... It is built on 1.36 which the stock 1.36 didn't have WiFi calling. I haven't tested it on revolution, but WiFi calling does work on Energy ROM. There's also a modified messaging apk that fixes a time stamp issue with texts.

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

ernieg92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok. Now I'm leaning towards energy unless I can get more info on WiFi calling in ARHD.

You said that ARHD is more easily customized than Energy. But Energy can still be customized (wallpaper, ringtones, etc), right?

Current Device
glacierguy Old
(Last edited by glacierguy; 19th April 2012 at 10:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieg92 View Post
Ok. Now I'm leaning towards energy unless I can get more info on WiFi calling in ARHD.

You said that ARHD is more easily customized than Energy. But Energy can still be customized (wallpaper, ringtones, etc), right?

Oh certainly... Wallpapers, Ringtones, Sounds, and even lockrings can be personalized on ALL rooted ROMs... NRGZ28 just has a heavy blue theme on his Rom... On the statusbar icons, dialer, app icons... Etc...

XBoarder has a pretty sick 3.5 ROM also that I'm a big fan of. You can find that at android-dev.us.

Craigtut has an ics themed ROM that is pretty nice also. I can't say too much, but his next update for that ROM is pretty sick

EclipzeRemix
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5716

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh certainly... Wallpapers, Ringtones, Sounds, and even lockrings can be personalized on ALL rooted ROMs... NRGZ28 just has a heavy blue theme on his Rom... On the statusbar icons, dialer, app icons... Etc...

XBoarder has a pretty sick 3.5 ROM also that I'm a big fan of. You can find that at android-dev.us.

Craigtut has an ics themed ROM that is pretty nice also. I can't say too much, but his next update for that ROM is pretty sick

Yup Sense 3.5 is sexy, Fourth Bar 3.0 is also amazing! but im too much of a "Sense" fan so i always go back to NRG's rom

Previous Devices

Samsung Galaxy S3
HTC One S
Galaxy Nexus
HTC Amaze
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS

MyTouch 4G
Mytouch 3G
HTC Dream
Moto V3

glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipzeRemix View Post
Yup Sense 3.5 is sexy, Fourth Bar 3.0 is also amazing! but im too much of a "Sense" fan so i always go back to NRG's rom
Yeah... And whenever I root anyone else's amaze, I always put Energy on it... I think I just got bored with it maybe.

ernieg92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
NRGZ28 just has a heavy blue theme on his Rom... On the statusbar icons, dialer, app icons... Etc...
I don't mind blue at all. That's actually my favorite color and I tend to update application themes to some kind of blue anyways. May save me some time......

Quote:
I'll check that out. Do u know what it's called? I'm really trying to stick with stock-like ROMs for now. You say you're a big fan of it; what stands out (say compared w/the 2 ROMs discussed)?

Quote:
they're soooo many ROMs! I may get more adventurous if this rooting / flashing goes well. I've only done it once b4 and that was with ODIN so it was pretty easy.....

Current Device