FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Installing Quickoffice.apk on CM7RC4

2nd April 2011, 09:35 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I extracted Quickoffice.apk from the Stock HTC Wildfire ROM and want to install on Cynogen mod 7 RC4.

I tried installing the Quickoffice.apk in two ways :

1) copied Quickoffice.apk to /sdcard and tried installing through pkg installer
2) copied Quickoffice.apk to /system/apps

In both case when I run Quickoffice by clicking on the icon it gives error with a popup "The application Quickoffice (process com.qo.andriod.htc) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Request help to install Quickoffice.apk

I do not have adb installed on my computer.

thanks.
 
 
4th April 2011, 07:51 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quickoffice is a htc-app and can't be installed on a AOSP rom like CM7, it can only be installed on a htc-sense rom
7th April 2011, 12:48 PM |#3  
melvinchng's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
Donate to Me
More
YOu can get it from market. I have it in my cm7.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App
7th April 2011, 01:55 PM |#4  
Formiak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
One from market is working well here , so have a look on it ;]
13th April 2011, 07:37 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm also having the same issue as sdixit3 is, but on an HTC hero running CM7RC3. To try and resolve the force close issue, I tried the "Fix Permissions" utility in ROM Manager (v3.0.0.7), since that looked promising for FC issues. Nothing has worked thus far, unfortunately.

Sorry for being a noob, this is my first post and I believe I'm in the wrong forum, but I've been racking my brains trying to fix the same thing!
14th April 2011, 05:11 AM |#6  
3xeno's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaay

I'm also having the same issue as sdixit3 is, but on an HTC hero running CM7RC3. To try and resolve the force close issue, I tried the "Fix Permissions" utility in ROM Manager (v3.0.0.7), since that looked promising for FC issues. Nothing has worked thus far, unfortunately.

Sorry for being a noob, this is my first post and I believe I'm in the wrong forum, but I've been racking my brains trying to fix the same thing!

Check Post 2. The Quickoffice on the default HTC ROM is an HTC Customized App, and, it wont work on ROMs without Sense. It's the same with every other HTC Sense App like their Clock, Widgets, FM Radio, Dialer etc.
14th April 2011, 06:04 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Definitely try this one, way better http://db.tt/mXgDCwv or the same one http://db.tt/d7DA2NX, but for flashing into the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdixit3

I extracted Quickoffice.apk from the Stock HTC Wildfire ROM and want to install on Cynogen mod 7 RC4.

I tried installing the Quickoffice.apk in two ways :

1) copied Quickoffice.apk to /sdcard and tried installing through pkg installer
2) copied Quickoffice.apk to /system/apps

In both case when I run Quickoffice by clicking on the icon it gives error with a popup "The application Quickoffice (process com.qo.andriod.htc) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Request help to install Quickoffice.apk

I do not have adb installed on my computer.

thanks.



Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
Last edited by alangrig; 14th April 2011 at 08:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alangrig For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2011, 12:25 PM |#8  
melvinchng's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm using quick office version 4.2.180 in stable build. And it is working for my non sense cm7

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App
28th April 2011, 03:50 PM |#9  
jayharper08's Avatar
Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Flag The Dirty
Thanks Meter: 8,714
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsgrigorjevs

Definitely try this one, way better http://db.tt/mXgDCwv or the same one http://db.tt/d7DA2NX, but for flashing into the system



Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Thank you for this. Works perfect on the evo running cm7!
19th April 2012, 11:39 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
someone have the pkg files to install the quick office in android device with out market ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quickoffice, wildfire
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes