Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NES Emulator] vNESLight

Tip us?

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudua View Post
Been meaning to post about it, mostly just bug fixes. Had an older version of the ad-control sdk and that was causing some input problems in the free version, mainly with hardware keyboards. Stability issues with loading save states and auto detection of devices.

1.2 will have a little more meat to it, gonna do another round of performance optimizing as well taking a look at a few games that doesn't work properly.
Awsome ! I was just wondering as I got the update on my phone and I came right here and saw nothing. I have a small request but, I will drop it via email.

Should we start reporting problems with games to help or do you have a list of issues ? You should post the ones you know about someplace, so we can add to it as we have issues.

Today... R.C. Pro-AM and Cobra Triangle scrolling issues, the score moves with the screen and it makes a mess (2 of my fav pick up and play games)
If this post helped, PLEASE HIT THANKS !!!!

Thanks !

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Any updates ? It's been quiet...

Thanks !

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Any updates ? It's been quiet...
Been working on 1.2, performance should be a lot better on all devices since I managed to optimize the rendering further. Still looking into fixing a few more mappers so more games work properly.

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Been working on 1.2, performance should be a lot better on all devices since I managed to optimize the rendering further. Still looking into fixing a few more mappers so more games work properly.
Sounds good ! Looking forward to the update !

Thanks !

thesecondsfade
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108
It's unbelievable how well this app performs considering it's limitations by the WP7 system. You have already made strides in that arena. Great job! I bought the paid version and still use the free version to give you ad-views/clicks.
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesecondsfade View Post
It's unbelievable how well this app performs considering it's limitations by the WP7 system. You have already made strides in that arena. Great job! I bought the paid version and still use the free version to give you ad-views/clicks.
Appreciate that, the new update shouldn't be that far away.

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Appreciate that, the new update shouldn't be that far away.
How's 1.2 coming along ? Or did you drop this for vSNESlight ?

(note:vSNESlight is not a valid project name before the rumors start)

Thanks !

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How's 1.2 coming along ? Or did you drop this for vSNESlight ?

(note:vSNESlight is not a valid project name before the rumors start)
Been somewhat busy with other stuff atm, but I'll have more time the following weeks to finish it.

I probably won't start any major projects before the WP8 SDK hits, which is rumored to hit next month if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully Microsoft gives us a lot more access this time around, assuming it's anything like Windows 8 development.

The SNES and the N64 are notoriously hard to emulate correctly because of their complicated hardware designs and quirks, so I will probably avoid those. Hopefully we'll see older native emulators like Snes9x/ZSNES/mupen64 ported over if we get c/c++ and DirectX access on WP8. (and everything points to that)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nudua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
It's been quite a while, any updates ?

Thanks !

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It's been quite a while, any updates ?
Honestly, I took a break during the summer with some of the time working on the Windows 8 version. And that was more or less a complete rewrite since it's so different from WP7, but it does have huge benefits like native DirectX, gamepad support and such. I also decided to switch out the emulation core with one based of FCEUX, which has better accuracy and game compatibility. And I'll of course use the same version on WP8, I've already played around with the leaked WP8 sdk and the new emulation core works with minor changes.

On to the WP7 version, I've already made some improvements to sound, rendering, fixed a few games and added the ability to take screenshots. But right now I'm very focused on getting the W8 version ready when the store opens up for all developers (right now it's only open to companies), I'm guessing it will open sometime in September.

I will take the time to finish up the vNESLight 1.2 update as soon as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nudua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
nes emulator, vneslight, wp7