Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

"My Verizon" app says upgrade elible and it's all lies!

OP stefilini

19th April 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 29

177 posts
More
Last week I checked my upgrade status on the "My Verizon" app just to see what it said (I've only been on contract for about a year now) and it said I was upgrade eligible! But after deciding what phone I was going to get and trying to order it on the Verizon Wireless website it said I was not eligible until Feb. 2013.

Has this happened to anyone else by any chance?
19th April 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Inman
Thanks Meter: 110

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefilini

Last week I checked my upgrade status on the "My Verizon" app just to see what it said (I've only been on contract for about a year now) and it said I was upgrade eligible! But after deciding what phone I was going to get and trying to order it on the Verizon Wireless website it said I was not eligible until Feb. 2013.

Has this happened to anyone else by any chance?

See you are always technically eligible for upgrade. The catch is you aren't eligible for a discounted upgrade until 20 months.

The mobile app says you are eligible for an upgrade but doesn't tell you if it is a discounted or full price upgrade.

You will read the message and most peoples instinct is to fly into the nearest store where it give the sales rep an opportunity to sale you something else.
19th April 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 29

177 posts
More
Well, it didn't say I was eligible before last week. But yeah... oh well
19th April 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
With Verizon you are eligable annually if you are on a 49.99 plan or higher...You can upgrade at the 2 year new contract discounted price and you lose your new every 2 discount...and now I think you have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. You have to upgrade online or at a corporate store.

Sent from my A100 using XDA
20th April 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Inman
Thanks Meter: 110

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoindexter

With Verizon you are eligable annually if you are on a 49.99 plan or higher...You can upgrade at the 2 year new contract discounted price and you lose your new every 2 discount...and now I think you have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. You have to upgrade online or at a corporate store.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Only if you are a primary on the account. Which the annual went away on Jan 16 2011. There are still a few floating around though. You can do annual ups at any Verizon location other than you Walmart style stores.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread