Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

Tip us?

robkoehler
Old
(Last edited by robkoehler; 19th April 2012 at 11:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
new kernel does not have working vpn......back to tweaked #2

HC bootloader

edit: crap, just saw 12.5. i'll test that first.

edit 2: vpn works in 12.5
Question? I'll help if you find this funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwleOote5M0

BakaNeko59
Old
Thanks Meter 61
So, Civ (it's okay if I call you Civ, right)

Are you confident you'll be able to incorporate all your fun stuff in the actual release (OTA for U.S. on the 27th they say)? Do you recommend NOT installing the OTA when it comes out since we'll lose root, or should we go ahead and do so in order to get the ICS bootloader? Since there appears to be a working way to get root on the ICS bootloader, it may not be that big of a deal... Or should we all just wait to hear from you until you get the actual release build modded?

Thanks.
BakaNeko59
Acer Iconia A500 32gb - CM-10 FLEX
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) - Rooted with S3RX JB
Nook Color (my "backup tab") - CM10 nightlies
And a bunch of other stuff running Android, IOS, Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Linux, etc.
http://bakarider.net
or, if you're into crafts check out our store at http://www.pnwcrafts.com

IceBone
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Great, I'll flash it tonight.
Devices: HTC One M7 & Nexus 10
Operator: Mobitel Slovenia

dynospectrum
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59 View Post
So, Civ (it's okay if I call you Civ, right)

Are you confident you'll be able to incorporate all your fun stuff in the actual release (OTA for U.S. on the 27th they say)? Do you recommend NOT installing the OTA when it comes out since we'll lose root, or should we go ahead and do so in order to get the ICS bootloader? Since there appears to be a working way to get root on the ICS bootloader, it may not be that big of a deal... Or should we all just wait to hear from you until you get the actual release build modded?

Thanks.
Just wait until official OTA update is released and devs let you know which direction you should take. Patience ;]

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Why is it that this is the ONLY rom where you have to do a FULL data wipe with EVERY update...even a small one such as 12 to 12.5? with every other rom on ever other device I have I can do a dirty install with the smaller updates. With this rom my homescreen set up always goes back to stock & I can't get wifi to work without a full wipe?

I love this rom & I think it is great work for a stock looking rom. But it is a PITA to have to re-set up EVERY update...

bahurd
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Why is it that this is the ONLY rom where you have to do a FULL data wipe with EVERY update...even a small one such as 12 to 12.5? with every other rom on ever other device I have I can do a dirty install with the smaller updates. With this rom my homescreen set up always goes back to stock & I can't get wifi to work without a full wipe?

I love this rom & I think it is great work for a stock looking rom. But it is a PITA to have to re-set up EVERY update...
Geeze it's not really a big deal. Do a backup from CWM and restore just the DATA from the backup.

Brings everything right back to the look and apps as before the flash.
Acer A500; Civato Flexreaper Re-Flex ICS
Nexus 7; 4.4.2 STOCK KOT49H - BSZKitKat v1.2.2
HTC One (TMO) InsertCoin 8.1+ | Sense 5.5 | Android 4.4

ziggy34
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:

I love Flexreaper, my tablet seems so much more stable then on any of the honeycomb roms. I am still on r11 and don't plan on changing until after official ICS is released by acer and see what we get for roms, I just don't see enough different between r11, and r12/12.5 to do all the work.

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
Geeze it's not really a big deal. Do a backup from CWM and restore just the DATA from the backup.

Brings everything right back to the look and apps as before the flash.
GEEZE why isn't that put in the OP? It's not needed on other roms. I'm not bashing the developer's work on the rom. It's beautiful. But as often as these roms are updated for small updates a full wipe should not be needed.

Plus I lose the use of my SD card if I don't do a full wipe.

All I'm asking is that this needs to be CLEARLY noted in the OP. ALL developers suggest a full wipe in their op...that's a given. But it's known that you get away with a dirty install 99% of the time. This is a great rom but PLEASE fix this issue.

ziggy34
Old
(Last edited by ziggy34; 20th April 2012 at 01:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
GEEZE why isn't that put in the OP? It's not needed on other roms. I'm not bashing the developer's work on the rom. It's beautiful. But as often as these roms are updated for small updates a full wipe should not be needed.

Plus I lose the use of my SD card if I don't do a full wipe.

All I'm asking is that this needs to be CLEARLY noted in the OP. ALL developers suggest a full wipe in their op...that's a given. But it's known that you get away with a dirty install 99% of the time. This is a great rom but PLEASE fix this issue.
The part about restoring just data IS in the OP.

Quote:
Tip for restoring data and settings (as it is recomended to do full wipe before installing any new release)

Restore you data (and only your data) with cwm or RA recovey in advanced restore options after you flashed the rom.

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy34 View Post
The part about restoring just data IS in the OP.

Then my apologies to the developer & bahurd