Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ASUS Thread - ICS Update on TF101 (20-Mar-2012)

Tip us?

DanneMCA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is working fine to me:

Before lock the screen to set the tablet on standby, I clean the tasks using Asus task manager widget. It is working so far till now. But is not 100%, sometimes it get freeze on boot screen after a reboot on sleep status, but is rare.

It can helps till new firmware comes to everyone.

fldude99
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I will definitely not install the eventual patch until braver souls than I try it out..

edge929
Old
Thanks Meter 10
At this point if Asus gave me a file called trojan_malware_TF101_update.exe I'd try it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edge929 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Any of the regular posters actually one of the testers?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

bsoplinger
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangerC View Post
Gary's latest update refers to the 'screen corruption' issue, any ideas what that is ?
Look for threads with the phrase ”screen tearing” and you should find info. An easy way to see it happening is to get about a dozen apps in the recent list, the list you get when you tap the icon next to home that looks like 2 rectangles superimposed on each other. When you tap to expand you'll get tearing of the image on the screen but it's just an artifact of the screen corruption issue which causes other troubles also.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

gadzooks64
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldude99 View Post
I will definitely not install the eventual patch until braver souls than I try it out..
I will be first in line to get it only because I'm confident it will be better than what we have now. Yes, I am gullible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge929 View Post
At this point if Asus gave me a file called trojan_malware_TF101_update.exe I'd try it.
Sadly, so would I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnelson View Post
Any of the regular posters actually one of the testers?
I'm not really a regular poster but I did get contacted by Gary to submit logcats. I am not a tester of the fix but I wish I were.

I hope they nail this down soon. I still get random reboots, frozen reboots and screen tearing.

merrillmmn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen Tearing and Flicker Remain after System Wipe

Received a response from Asus advising me to do a system wipe. Seems to have corrected the reboot, hang problem. Does not fix the screen flicker and tearing. Hopefully Asus will find a fix... soon!

diman4ik-87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone. I 4pda.ru Russian forum, and we have similar problems. Be quick to correct any errors in this proshivke.Nas of the sea. I apologize if it is wrong written in English.

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrillmmn View Post
Received a response from Asus advising me to do a system wipe. Seems to have corrected the reboot, hang problem. Does not fix the screen flicker and tearing. Hopefully Asus will find a fix... soon!
Just shows ASUS still have no clue, this entire thread proves wiping does not cure things, only slows them down

ErickB1800
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Short term fix that works for me.....

Well, I understand what everyone says about Asus needing to fix the problem, and I agree, and thus far it looks like they are attacking it as they should.

On myTF101, Honeycomb ran without a glitch.... as in NEVER, and always worked like a champ. I did the ICS update and thought it was sweet until I got the random reboots and lock-ups. On another forum, I heard about a thousand different work arounds and I just hate doing a ton of things to make something work that should never have been broken in the first place....

However, one thing I have found which fixed ALL of my random reboots and hangups, is Wake Lock. Battery consumption is a little faster, but I have gone a month without any random reboots or any other problems.....

Not a solution by any means, but a bandage to get your tablet totally usable and reliable until Asus releases their official fix. After which I will uninstall Wake Lock and proceed as usual.....

Just a thought, hope it helps some of you who are frustrated.....

Tags
tf101, transformer