[QUOTE=shumash;22489290]I'm working on a step-by-step process and will post it shortly.
---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------
To make sure that I didn't get the two builds mixed up, I followed this procedure:
1. Make sure that you have Rack's latest updated (.zip, not the .img) files from the second post, i.e. Update-Encore_CM9_DualbootSD_xxxxxxx.zip and Update-Mirage_CM7_DualbootSD_xxxxx.zip.
2. Download the latest Mirage and ICS builds from their respective threads.
3. Unzip the Mirage and ICS builds into separate folders. Go into the folders and delete the META-INF folders and the ramdisk.img files.
4. Open the CM9_DualbootSD .zip and unzip the META-INF folder and ramdisk.img file into your ICS folder. Do the same for the CM7_DualbootSD .zip into your Mirage folder.
5. Go into each of the folders, Mirage and ICS, and open the /system/etc folder. You'll find a file named vold.fstab. Open it in an editor like Notepad. It's not formatted, but find the line that looks like this:
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices
Change the "a" in "auto" to a "7" and delete the "uto". Save the file.
6. I added a step to get the proper CM9 bootanimation at startup. Go into the CM9_DualbootSD .zip file and drill down to the /system/media folder. Extract the bootanimation.zip file. Copy that file over the bootanimation.zip file in the same location in your ICS folder.
7. In each of the of the folders, Mirage and ICS, zip all the files into a .zip file (I use 7-Zip). Call them what you want, but use a name that distinguishes them from Rack's .zip files.
8. Copy the .zip files to your NC sdcard the same way you would Rack's files and flash them using the procedure he outlines for his own files. You'll have to flash gapps and all the other fixes he suggests.
9. Boot up using the normal dualboot procedure and deal with all the problems and issues associated with using nightly builds.
---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------
i have followed these steps exactly. when trying to install, every single modified zip file says "Installation aborted." and does not install. Do I need to sign these roms? what am I missing? I'm also trying to install the new Google Play vending.apk from goo-inside.me to the gapps files from racks. that's also giving me the same error while installing. any ideas?