Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Change the function of the hardware keys?

OP siggehandf

19th April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hjørring
Thanks Meter: 9

221 posts
More
Searched around alittle to see if anyone had found any means of doing this, but didn't find anything.

Anyone know if it's possible to assing the "settings" function to the browser key?

Thanks
19th April 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 30

269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggehandf

Searched around alittle to see if anyone had found any means of doing this, but didn't find anything.

Anyone know if it's possible to assing the "settings" function to the browser key?

Thanks

Look here. It has a lot of information on it. You should be able to do with relative ease.

Cheers.
19th April 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hjørring

221 posts
More
Sweet!, Worked like a charm with root explorer.
20th April 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

158 posts
Just stumbled on this thread and thought id give it a shot on my K1. Everything went fine, files were same name and in same location, mounted the dir. Rw then changed my hardware button (the one thats Home/Back/Menu), saved the file with a backup but no changes were made. I even changed the buttons in the other file showing only hardware buttons and then rebooted but still nothing...

Im thinking that since this mod was for the TPT and Im on a K1, theres something Im missing. Any K1 owners had any success with re-mapping the hardware buttons?

Sent From My K1
The Following User Says Thank You to Dueces99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
may need to set permissions on file
You may need to set permissions on the file before you can save. Using "File Manager HD" I had to enable root explorer and mount systems folders under the settings and then add write permissions to Group and Others in the permissions dialog, probably don't need Others but I am lazy. Don't forget to change the permissions back after you save your changes. Incorrect permissions settings can sometimes really bork things.

Also seems that the settings might be a little different under ICS, I am getting "Touchscreen Toggled" instead of the menu after setting 150 to MENU.

-j
23rd May 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hjørring

221 posts
More
On the Lenovo boards, it has been comfirmed in the released chineese manual, that pen only mode is avaible. SoSweet!
23rd May 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Menu's not allowed in ICS
Well, here is why remapping the browser button to MENU does not work in ICS, looks like we are no longer allowed to have a menu.

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...nu-button.html

Still playing with it but it appears that no matter what I put on the line after key 150 I just get touch-screen toggled, which is useful but not what I want.

-j

BTW doin' this on a Thinkpad Tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to jjordan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread