20th April 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #901  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 156

271 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

I'll look into it

Any word on putting out a version to fix the latest CM9 issues? Is there enough on Github yet? Being Siyah-less is killing me. xD
20th April 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #902  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 38,681

14,112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurtalbot

Any word on putting out a version to fix the latest CM9 issues? Is there enough on Github yet? Being Siyah-less is killing me. xD

We will just have to wait and see, I plan on getting rc5 (thats whats in the github) out tonight.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #903  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 1,391

2,017 posts
Donate to Me
More
That's awesome to hear. Thanks for doing all this buddy. It's running great on the newest release of AOKP

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
20th April 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #904  
Flag West Palm Beach

271 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

We will just have to wait and see, I plan on getting rc5 (thats whats in the github) out tonight.

Might I suggest not wasting your time? It's the full version release that's really got the fixes everyone needs...

RC2 and RC5 aren't even that different... It's the full 3.1 release I have my eyes on...

either way awesome, but somehow I think releasing RC5 is gonna make some n00bs on CM9 cry. lol
Last edited by monsieurtalbot; 20th April 2012 at 02:32 AM.
20th April 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #905  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 349

1,454 posts
More
will you leave out blnww that cause the battery drain? jw. thanks.
20th April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #906  
Flag Southgate
Thanks Meter: 291

2,167 posts
More
Just had my first hiccup with siyah and tasks latest aokp release. I woke my phone up and my lockscreen was there but frozen. I pushed the power down and turned the screen off, but it wouldn't turn back on after multiple attempts and when I finally thought I had an sod and was gonna pull the battery the screen came on. Phone was probably in deep sleep and was on wifi but due to sleep policy it was disabled. No apps were open.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
20th April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #907  
Flag Minnesota

560 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurtalbot

Might I suggest not wasting your time? It's the full version release that's really got the fixes everyone needs...

RC2 and RC5 aren't even that different... It's the full 3.1 release I have my eyes on...

either way awesome, but somehow I think releasing RC5 is gonna make some n00bs on CM9 cry. lol

Only problem with waiting for 3.1 full release, who knows how long it'll be before GK releases his source.

Maybe ken can just swap the wifi driver from the latest cm commit and merge it into his build??

20th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #908  
Flag West Palm Beach

271 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by f100cleveland

Only problem with waiting for 3.1 full release, who knows how long it'll be before GK releases his source.

Maybe ken can just swap the wifi driver from the latest cm commit and merge it into his build??

Something tells me that either way a fix won't take too long... When there's a problem as big as wifi being broken, dev's get their inboxes lit up, I'm sure...
20th April 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #909  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 38,681

14,112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im just gonna build it and put it up. Whatever happens happens. If I keep waiting it will never come.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #910  
Thanks Meter: 75

345 posts
the truth is, doing rc and the final isnt that much more work as long as G doesnt completely update the tree like he did for this one (he's done it a few times now... maybe he has another still in him?)

as for the wifi driver... that stuff is messed up... the only gerrit change is the inline kernel building which seems to be causing a few other problems. but it is very likely that the wifi driver is getting borked because of those changes.

im about 80% sure that siyha has the wifi.so being built with the kernel... id have to revisit the source to confirm. but when you compile the kernel you are *supposed* to compile the drivers along side it. it is AOSP compiling 101 that wifi problems can be caused when they arent built together.

it could be that the mount points or how CM is being built now conflicts with how the install script (tho unlikely since it only wipes and copies the zimage) handles the driver.

EDIT: inline kernel did change the path to the wifi drivers. it might be as simple as moving the dhd.ko from /lib/modules to /system/lib/modules... maybe ill test it out (dont forget permissions)
?https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...c0d25f3#diff-4
?

i also have a feeling that the recent changes to the initramfs scripts in the cm source may be causing crazyness to ensue
Last edited by tmckenn2; 20th April 2012 at 03:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmckenn2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i tagged dis bitch, siyah i777, siyah kernel, so smooth i almost came, stable
Previous Thread Next Thread