Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Dinc2 random music starting issue.

Tip us?

Macguyver
Old
(Last edited by Macguyver; 20th April 2012 at 02:46 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default HTC Dinc2 random music starting issue.

So today I loaded SkyRaider for the first time after reading how nice smooth and stable it is. I then loaded drellisdee's #21 sense kernel. OC'd to 1305 with the smartassv2 governor.

Seemed to be running great till tonight when my daughter was watching netflix with headphones plugged in and the music player just starts on its own and starts playing. The voice dialer also opens up and starts trying to run.

Is this a kernel issue or has anybody ever experienced this on SkyRaider before?

From my SkyRaided Inc2

jakob95
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Definitely not a kernal issue, I have been running Skyraider for the past 4 months already with the stock kernal and experience the same issue. I now moved to Dres and the issue hasn't fixed so its the ROM. No way to fix it unless you plug out the earphones and plug them back in.

Macguyver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob95 View Post
Definitely not a kernal issue, I have been running Skyraider for the past 4 months already with the stock kernal and experience the same issue. I now moved to Dres and the issue hasn't fixed so its the ROM. No way to fix it unless you plug out the earphones and plug them back in.
So if you unplug and plug again it stops?

From my SkyRaided Inc2

jakob95
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Terror View Post
So if you unplug and plug again it stops?

From my SkyRaided Inc2
Well temporarily yes.

Inc-Roid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The same thing happens to me when I try to listen to music through the auxiliary port in my car. I think it's an HTC bug because I've had the same problem on skyraider and nitsuj's sense M

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Macguyver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inc-Roid View Post
The same thing happens to me when I try to listen to music through the auxiliary port in my car. I think it's an HTC bug because I've had the same problem on skyraider and nitsuj's sense M

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA
Could be, however I've only had this phone for a week and a half but stock it didn't do it nor did it do it on MikRunny that I ran for 3-4 days.

However the damn SD card wouldn't mount to the comp when plugged in on MikRunny so that was a deal breaker for me (and Hulu wouldn't work for me either, does on Skyraider though).

Anyway, thanks guys.

From my SkyRaided Inc2

Macguyver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Update, I went back to Incredible HD rls 1.1, had the same issue. Did some research, it is indeed an HTC issue, apparently the Thunderbolt, Desire and others have this same issue. Found a solution that so far after 30 minutes of netflix with headphones plugged in seems to be working (voice dialer and/or music app would start within 10-15 minutes usually) There's an app called "Headset Blocker" in the market. Its free, has a widget even to turn it on and off. Blocks the phone from thinking there is a a button being pressed on the headset apparently. I recomment downloading it and trying it out.

knipp21
Old
Thanks Meter 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Terror View Post
Could be, however I've only had this phone for a week and a half but stock it didn't do it nor did it do it on MikRunny that I ran for 3-4 days.

However the damn SD card wouldn't mount to the comp when plugged in on MikRunny so that was a deal breaker for me (and Hulu wouldn't work for me either, does on Skyraider though).

Anyway, thanks guys.

From my SkyRaided Inc2
I have a fix to make Hulu work on any device. And did you try the dres kernel? I can't remember but someone's kernel fixed that issue.
I'm No dev, no need to donate. Just a simple thanks

Follow me on Google Plus!

https://plus.google.com/115380001456117289879/posts

Macguyver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21 View Post
I have a fix to make Hulu work on any device. And did you try the dres kernel? I can't remember but someone's kernel fixed that issue.
I did try the dres kernel which is what I was running when it started. However think I fixed it, found the "headset blocker" app (see above post).

A for hulu, the problem is adfree blocking the ads, soon as I reverted the hosts file and uninstalled hulu and crackle worked fine. However if you have a way to run adfree and hulu I'm all ears, er eyes lol. Thanks.

From my Inc2 running Inc2 HD

Macguyver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
One last update, been running the "Headset Blocker" app for almost a week, works like a charm.