5,597,647 Members 33,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thoughts on Anker 2800mAh extended battery?

Tip us?
 
Bladedwings
Old
#21  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 76
Join Date: Feb 2012
That's actually kind of strange. I figured the 1.5-2.0x was inaccurate since I only noticed a small increase in life, but the increase in life is still there. All it does is turn off connections when you're not using them, so I don't see how that could make life worse.

I think your battery/phone is trying to start conflict between us because whenever something comes up battery related, we have different experiences haha.
 
IRASadPanda
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 296
Posts: 1,750
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Johns Creek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedwings View Post
That's actually kind of strange. I figured the 1.5-2.0x was inaccurate since I only noticed a small increase in life, but the increase in life is still there. All it does is turn off connections when you're not using them, so I don't see how that could make life worse.

I think your battery/phone is trying to start conflict between us because whenever something comes up battery related, we have different experiences haha.
Lol yeah, it would be better if you got a ton of notifications every few minutes, but if there are times where you won't get any for hours on end, but juice defender keeps waking up your phone every 30 minutes to check for nothing, it's wasting battery.

Sent from Narnia
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?
 
Bladedwings
Old
#23  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 76
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister.dexter View Post
EDIT - going to bed. 29 and a half hours into first charge, at 30% currently. Will update tomorrow after work, once I 0 it out and recharge.
EDIT - 44 hours on first charge, almost exactly. Monday night at 7:47 to Wednesday afternoon at 3:51. Starting charge up now.
Do you mind posting a few screenshots of your battery usage once your phone is almost completely discharged?
 
NekoNyapii
Old
#24  
NekoNyapii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRASadPanda View Post
Those estimates aren't correct. My JD was telling me 1.9x battery, but I stopped using it and my battery lasts longer because the phone doesn't wake up every thirty minutes.

Sent from Narnia
Well, if you don't let JD control AutoSync, then it shouldn't wake up every half hour, right?
Current Device: iPhone 4S (White)
Current ROM: Not Applicable
Current Kernel: Not Applicable

Previous phones: iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S 4g ---> HTC Sensation ---> LG G2x ---> iPhone 4S(current)



I want to kiss you.....
 
IRASadPanda
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 296
Posts: 1,750
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Johns Creek
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii View Post
Well, if you don't let JD control AutoSync, then it shouldn't wake up every half hour, right?
No. The every half hour is the schedule I have it set to, either way you have to set a schedule, whether it be 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.

Sent from Narnia
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?
 
NekoNyapii
Old
#26  
NekoNyapii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRASadPanda View Post
No. The every half hour is the schedule I have it set to, either way you have to set a schedule, whether it be 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.

Sent from Narnia
Well, you can just disable schedule, can't you?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Current Device: iPhone 4S (White)
Current ROM: Not Applicable
Current Kernel: Not Applicable

Previous phones: iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S 4g ---> HTC Sensation ---> LG G2x ---> iPhone 4S(current)



I want to kiss you.....
 
sinister.dexter
Old
(Last edited by sinister.dexter; 25th April 2012 at 02:28 AM.)
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedwings View Post
Do you mind posting a few screenshots of your battery usage once your phone is almost completely discharged?
Sorry I've been away. Had some personal stuff going on.

Sure. One thing I've noticed is that my idle time seems to be kind of high, but I guess since I'm sleeping 8 hour nights at least twice, that may account for some of it.
Also it's weird that Temple Run and Draw Something show up, yet Defender 2, which I spend the most time playing doesn't appear on my list at all.

Eh. Whatever.

I'm at 19% now, so I'll probably screenshot it a little later today and get it up here.

Updated original post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=16
 
Bladedwings
Old
(Last edited by Bladedwings; 28th April 2012 at 03:35 AM.)
#28  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 76
Join Date: Feb 2012
BMW doesn't make any sense to you because you're on the wrong graph. Long-press the graph and then "Select Data" and then "Available(%)". That way it'll show the graph you would normally see if you were accessing the stock battery graph in your phone settings, except without resetting every time you shutdown/recharge your phone.

Your battery definitely seems better than my 3500mAh one, but I'm pretty much going to use it the same way; I'll use the stock for normal days, and the extended whenever I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff without access to a charger.

Oh and before I forget, BMW is completely inaccurate in estimating the capacity of my extended battery. They both read around 1500, yet the extended lasts me about 33-35h on relatively heavy use (my normal usage plus a lot of GPS) while the stock lasts about 20h on normal usage. The extended clearly has over 150% of the capacity my stock has, but BMW displays it as almost identical. I think I'm doing something wrong, but there isn't really much you can do in the first place, so I really don't know what's responsible for these readings
The Following User Says Thank You to Bladedwings For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sinister.dexter
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedwings View Post
BMW doesn't make any sense to you because you're on the wrong graph. Long-press the graph and then "Select Data" and then "Available(%)". That way it'll show the graph you would normally see if you were accessing the stock battery graph in your phone settings, except without resetting every time you shutdown/recharge your phone.
<snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedwings View Post
Oh and before I forget, BMW is completely inaccurate in estimating the capacity of my extended battery. They both read around 1500, yet the extended lasts me about 33-35h on relatively heavy use (my normal usage plus a lot of GPS) while the stock lasts about 20h on normal usage. The extended clearly has over 150% of the capacity my stock has, but BMW displays it as almost identical. I think I'm doing something wrong, but there isn't really much you can do in the first place, so I really don't know what's responsible for these readings
Perfect! Thanks for the tip!

What's interesting to me is that after using it for a week, it finally started giving me estimates. But it estimated ~1800 mAh +/- 11%. But since it consistently gives me 36-44 hours of use, I'm going to say the battery is pretty close to "as advertised."

I can definitely say it doesn't report temperature. It's a constant "25.1" and we all know that's wrong.

I keep saying I'm going back to stock, but I haven't pulled it yet. lol.
 
Solace50
Old
(Last edited by Solace50; 14th May 2012 at 08:12 AM.)
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jul 2011
do these require a different cover to compensate for the increased battery size or does it work properly with the stock cover?

someone mentioned the stock case acts as a gps antenna which with the new baseband and all i removed the back panel and kinda wondered "where" the connectivity to the phone was because i see plastic. also it locked fine without the back cover so not sure what to make of that.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes