XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power supplies

Tip us?

delio77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Power supplies

You guys have much luck finding power supplies or cables for a generic USB power adapter for the springboard? I will probably use this device as a GPS quite a bit, and would like to have the car charger.

rkwhyte2
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by delio77 View Post
You guys have much luck finding power supplies or cables for a generic USB power adapter for the springboard? I will probably use this device as a GPS quite a bit, and would like to have the car charger.
Ebay has plenty.
GNexus RasBeanJelly 4.3 / Lean kernel
T-Mo Springboard/Mediapad
Mediapad_2.06.26_OsiMood

HTC One S (wifes)
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly
Toshiba Thrive Dalenet ICS 4.0.4

Files I have collected:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/10351077/...0/sharing.html

rurou
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just search for usb charging cable mediapad and iPad usb car charger. The purpose for iPad charger is to make sure that the charger has big enough amp/watt.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

stefvienna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurou View Post
Just search for usb charging cable mediapad and iPad usb car charger. The purpose for iPad charger is to make sure that the charger has big enough amp/watt.
Yep, you need at least a 2 Ampere charger.
I used a bog standard 0.5A charger first in the car and the tablet ran out of juice after a few hours. Then I found a 3 Ampere car charger at a fuel station shop and now it runs fine.
I bought a USB-to-Mediapad power connector cable from some german online store to connect the car charger to the tablet. As we all now charging via the micro-usb port does not work.

ridingonfumes
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefvienna View Post
Yep, you need at least a 2 Ampere charger.
I used a standard 0.5A charger first in the car and the tablet ran out of juice after a few hours. Then I found a 3 Ampere car charger at a fuel station shop and now it runs fine.
I bought a USB-to-Mediapad power connector cable from some german online store to connect the car charger to the tablet. As we all now charging via the micro-usb port does not work.
Could you please provide a link to the site with usb-to-springboard adapter? I can't seem to find one anywhere

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 470
The microUSB port does charge but it is a slow trickle. I can get it from empty to 100% if I plug it into a microUSB charger overnight, but if I need to boost it as fast as possible it has to use the charge port.

dpruim
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingonfumes View Post
Could you please provide a link to the site with usb-to-springboard adapter? I can't seem to find one anywhere
Here you go.. this is the one I got.. pretty pleased with it.. One tip, only use a 1amp charger, with 1,5 or 2 amps the mediapad starts to overheat or something, it overall fails to function properly

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/TABLET-PC-LAD...e#ht_855wt_907
Huawei Mediapad
Huawei Honor 2 U9508B
Inew V3

Lolu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hello guys,

Could you give fast answer what parameters has original huawei s7-301u charger? I lost my charger and i need buy another ASAP.

Best,

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolu View Post
Hello guys,

Could you give fast answer what parameters has original huawei s7-301u charger? I lost my charger and i need buy another ASAP.

Best,
5 volts, 2 Amp. It needs that much power, a smaller ps might burn the house down.

Lolu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Big thanks to you man!!!