A few days ago I published the Managed OpenGL ES wrapper. As a proof of concept, I went so far as to create a simple game for the HTC Touch Diamond that utilizes the G-Sensor, Nav Sensor, and the 3D hardware capabilities of the device. The end result is a simple "Asteroids" type game I call Sensory Overload.
The game is simple:
- Move the ship by tilting the device.
- Don't run into an asteroid.
- Blow up the asteroids into tiny pieces.
- When an asteroid spawns (it will be faded out), you have 5 seconds to get away from it before it can hurt you.
- Rotate the Nav sensor clockwise to fire a bullet.
- Rotate the Nav sensor counter clockwise to fire a spray of bullets. You can only use this special ability once every 5 seconds.
- Asteroids spawn every 15 seconds.
This is mostly intended as a demo or proof of concept to provide other developers starting ground to create their own amazing games for the HTC Touch Diamond.
- Small asteroids are hard to explode. The bullets travel "through" them between repaints, so they never actually collide. I may fix this in the future.
Go to www.koushikdutta.com to download the full source and the CAB file for game.