Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel

Tip us?

fulky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torparn View Post
Have you tried to re-flash the rom? When you flash the Modaco rom for the first time you must flash the MCR file first then you flash either vanilla or sense rom. Something which is important is that you must perform full wipe (data/system/cache and dalvik etc). I wonder did you do a nandroidbackup of your system before you began to flashing rom:s?
no, I was able to flash anything, I managed to get into recovery once, but I could see the internal memory.
Device: HTC one S

fulky
Old
(Last edited by fulky; 19th April 2012 at 03:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Nothing TO do, error during flash.
Any TO do?
Help please

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

fulky
Old
(Last edited by fulky; 19th April 2012 at 05:00 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
how can I completely block the boot?
to send it under warranty

jodue
Old
(Last edited by jodue; 19th April 2012 at 09:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulky View Post
how can I completely block the boot?
to send it under warranty
that makes no sense, since if you could do that (and i am sure you can) you could also reflash any other fimware.

lets make it simple: can you get into fastboot (power+vol-down)?
if YES: flash this recovery from fastboot. the "official" CWR doesn't work atm. at least it didn't 2-3 days ago when i tried it. after that you can get into recovery and flash any rom from there.

if you can't get into fastboot: sorry mate you just bricked your brand new one s!

fulky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodue View Post
that makes no sense, since if you could do that (and i am sure you can) you could also reflash any other fimware.

lets make it simple: can you get into fastboot (power+vol-down)?
if YES: flash this recovery from fastboot. the "official" CWR doesn't work atm. at least it didn't 2-3 days ago when i tried it. after that you can get into recovery and flash any rom from there.

if you can't get into fastboot: sorry mate you just bricked your brand new one s!
I do not know how, but I modified the kernel, that was the cause of the loop, it works now.
Thanks to all of the suggestions

nascio
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulky View Post
I do not know how, but I modified the kernel, that was the cause of the loop, it works now.
Thanks to all of the suggestions
te lo dico io in italiano: senza l' s-off, almeno per l'evo 3d, dovevi flashare il kernel separatemente rispetto alla rom, altrimenti ottenevi il loop.

without s-off, this happened for evo 3d, you must flash kernel in separate mode (adb or fla****, if i remember good) otherwise you obtain booting loop

fulky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascio View Post
te lo dico io in italiano: senza l' s-off, almeno per l'evo 3d, dovevi flashare il kernel separatemente rispetto alla rom, altrimenti ottenevi il loop.

without s-off, this happened for evo 3d, you must flash kernel in separate mode (adb or fla****, if i remember good) otherwise you obtain booting loop
Grazie, me la segno per la prossima volta

Thank you, sign me for next time.