3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Search This thread

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006
And what about the mugen 2650mah battery?, any review out there (i cannot find any)?, will it be better than anker one??????

sharp2G

Nov 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Results from Battery Monitor Widget Pro after 150% cycle on OEM and Gold with a wipe batt stats in between:

SC20120416-074433.png

I have about half of the parts in for the battery tester that I am building so I might have it done this week to compare results, but initial results are looking good so far IMO.

I tried to stay up last night to run the gold battery down to 1% but the thing just would not quit. I got 10 years into cafe nippon, into the second box in cut the rope, the second world in angry birds space, started up a few games with randoms in draw something all between testing the two batteries. Last night my brother in law played with it for about two hours and it was still at nearly 70%.

EDIT: Bought from seller voguestage88 on ebay for those interested.

Bring some results to back this up or let the issue rest. Maybe quality control becomes more difficult when aiming for this capacity in this form factor, or maybe Samsung just got a much better bid from whoever is making the OEM battery, who knows and who cares?

Just because OEM is a certain capacity does not mean that it is the maximum potential for the form factor. I work on my own vehicles and build my own computers and I know for certain that you can get the same or better quality parts than familiar name brand for less money, so why is it so difficult to believe that the same could be true for mobile phone batteries? If Samsung is hiring out a third party to produce the OEM battery, then it makes sense that there is a bit of a markup as opposed to getting a battery direct from a supplier.

When you are talking about 2 million plus notes that have been sent to retailers now, that extra $2-4 per battery would add up to an additional $4-8 million cut out of samsung's profits...and I am pretty sure most of us would agree that the OEM battery is pretty great so they didn't come off as ripping us off even though a better battery might be available.

In other words... THE BATTERY IS LEGIT!
Anyone want to disapprove?

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
Just to update the anker with similar tolerance (and the slightly higher mAh I was expecting):

SC20120419-075654.png

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
Always has. You need to look at the mAh as opposed to the usage since usage will vary depending on what I did with the phone during the day to run it down. That duration on the gold probably has the most screen-on and gaming time of all of the tests and it still says 12h+ which impresses me.

Still, look at the mAh, that estimated usage stat is rubbish for anyone except me.

I would probably need a month plus of usage on each battery for the duration stats to level out.

Last edited:

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
Your best bet is looking for the same battery on your local ebay pages that has the same logo and everything...here is a reference:

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Bond@007

Bond@007

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont
Thanks for you friends ;)

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

You can find the battery on this website:

love2morrow.com

Once there, search for "3250"

I've just to buy on your link, because with Ebay, it's was more expensive.
I've paid with my paypal account and the site said for delivery 5-12 days ... What are you thinking about this delay for Belgium ?

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
I just went ahead and ordered Anker battery kit (2 x 2500 mah and charger for $15) from Amazon. Anker was a better deal for me with much more reviews I could find online.

For the 3250 mAh Gold battery, even though one person showed his/her test data, I'm still not convinced about 3250 mah. Enerloops have less capacity than other regular NiMH rechargables but retains a charge much longer when stored. Something like this might apply to this Gold battery as well. It might degrade faster as a tradeoff of higher capacity, but who knows. I won't need any more battery now that I already have 3.

Another thing, isn't it kind of annoying to take off the back cover to replace the battery? Aren't you guys worried that the plastic holders might chip off while removing the back cover?

Bond@007

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont
The Anker kit from Amazon is a good deal for many people but not for me.

I hate this one because :
- Shut down the phone
- open the back cover for swap my battery
- reboot my phone

It's long and not good for me.

cooldudey

Dec 26, 2010
My opinons on the 3250mAh Gold Battery !

Hi everyone, I thought i would leave my opinion on the following battery.

I ordered the 3250mAh battery from the following ebay seller :

[sorry cannot post link as I am a new user however the username in the UK ebay is extras4nz and the current price is 14.70 GBP]

I am quite a heavy user and never get to an end of the day with the normal battery. However with this Gold battery i still have lots of power at the end of the day doing the same tasks.

The battery is heavier than the original and very slightly larger.

I was quite sceptical at the start but i am very pleased with the performance of this battery.

According to Battery Monitor Widget it has a capacity of 3332mAh. Wether this is actually true or not is another matter. But i can tell you for sure it has more power than the original 2500mAh battery by at least 20%.

The only thing i do not know is how well the battery will last for over time.

However for the price of the battery its well worth it in my opinion :)

Last edited:

tefots

Mar 19, 2007
hi all
i have my gold battery in test

battery monitor pro, don't show real capacity, (i had to put it), but estimated capacity show me as 3450mah.

i'm very pleased with the duration of this gold battery, more better than my original samsung, with original never arrived to 3h duration.

SC20120420-213201.png

SC20120420-213318.png

SC20120420-213305.png

krazman325

Dec 10, 2010
Stop teasing me!!!

Could y'all quit posting how wonderful this Gold battery is until after i receive mine. Tracking says mine passed through San Francisco Post Office 3 1/2 days ago and I still don't have it! I'm getting rather impatient. It must be traveling by pack mule.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's getting late......after a long day waiting for this 3250 mAh battery to go flat, here is my review for what it is worth.

I have been searching for a month to find a battery that had the capability to last me all day. Not a bulky one! One that would fit within the original case. Not make my phone look pregnant.

I wanted a battery that i could Take off charge at 8am being able to last me all day, with LIGHT to MEDIUM usage (not heavy use!), right up until I went to bed at 10 and put it back on charge.

Is this the one??? (battery photos below)

I sourced this one. It just about fits the phone. I had to peel the battery label off at all 4 corners to get it in. It's fits in fine with standard Samsung back on. No bulge. I put in straight into my phone and charged it up to 100% then took it off charge and restarted the phone.

I'm not expecting amazing results on this first drain as I am more than aware it will take 3 to 4 cycles to gain it's full effectiveness. I am however expecting it to beat my standard battery display time on this first drain as it holda 34% more charge and then improve again after 3 more days use!

My stock Samsung battery lasts normally 4 hours display time with light to medium use. I have google location turned off, brighteness to auto and i am running gingerbread LA6. Full Samsung stock fresh out of the box. No root. No mods at all. And I have all the Samsung crap turned on and registered. I have google email with 2 accounts running. I play the odd game, and text and email like crazy. I used Ebay app heavily and also surf the Web lots. There are widgets on all 7 screens running and I always have a heavy usage live wallpaper running.

Phone finally starting to go flat... I will take screen shots of battery use and upload them. With my finally thoughts and finally 1st battery use screen shots as soon as it goes flat.

And obviously I'll look forward to your valued thoughts and views and make use of your experience as I'm new to this.......hopefully won't be too long!

Bye 4 now

1st day results in.

2nd day results in..

Photos of battery weights...

3Rd day results...

Sent from a noob on a new note
    3250 video running test result

finally finished testing the batteries:
    conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
    batteries:
    1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
    2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
    running times:
    1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
    2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

screenshots attached

PS. rerun of test in post 416
    So you have one of these batteries have you? you've tested it have you? Your the one who's fake. Making unfounded statements you drongo

Sent from a noob on a new note

Really? I was explaining what the other guy meant by fake. Its no Mystery cheapo batteries are sold with "fake " ratings its a scam no need to get defensive due to your ignorance! I made no personal pokes at you and to respond like that proves your less than intelligent. My battery results with stock battery are better than yours so i dont need to own one to know its junk...

Enjoy spazzo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
    Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
    Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
    Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
    CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
    Denis
    I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...