Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what size(BG)

Tip us?

lunaticz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default what size(BG)

Hey I'm new to ICS and this kinda stuff, what is the best size or app for background images to used/make if i want them as crisp and best looking as possible without too much cropping? It looks like I need a square kind of image but isn't the homescreen 702p (1280x720) aka not square? :/ I don't get it! help!

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
This should be posted in Themes. Could you move this please? The general is starting to become extremely cluttered.
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas View Post
This should be posted in Themes. Could you move this please? The general is starting to become extremely cluttered.
No problem, moved.

lunaticz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ahh in themes after all...I was wondering which of the two, sorry!
no answer though?

danada
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticz0r View Post
Hey I'm new to ICS and this kinda stuff, what is the best size or app for background images to used/make if i want them as crisp and best looking as possible without too much cropping? It looks like I need a square kind of image but isn't the homescreen 702p (1280x720) aka not square? :/ I don't get it! help!
Your question is a little confusing to me, but if I understand correctly, you want to create a wallpaper to use on your One XL (ATT + Rogers X). If so, make it at the full resolution of the screen.

There are also scenes though, that will pan left/right depending on how you scroll through your home screen. I'm not too certain of these resolutions, but if you keep the height the same (720px) and play with the width, it may just pan in different increments depending on the width.

Good luck,
~dan

lunaticz0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i have no idea what rogers xl is...but i just bought this htc one x stock rom etc non rooter(don't know how) from my phone company simlock free etc...so no extra software for my phone company ....and I do want to know what the best aspect ratio/res is for pictures without zooming, i have 7 home screen but whenever i add a pic 1280x720 on my gallery(via SD -->usb) and select the picture and do ''set as...-->wallpaper'' I have to crop it too something that almost looks like a square...but I am not sure! and if I crop it the picture become blurry and ugly (at least that's from my experience...)

d3v14n7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You need to double the width of the wallpaper, so for a 720P screen (AKA: 1280x720), your wallpaper should be 1280 pixels tall x 1440 pixels wide. For a 800x480 screen, the wallpaper should be 800 pixels tall x 960 pixels wide... And so on.

Hope that helps.