Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM9][SGS III theming][4 july 2012]Nitrogen Reloaded 1.08 Rom by Andasa

Tip us?

dnorthington
Old
Thanks Meter 175
I checked out the thread for this motorola launcher. Seems to be the major difference between CM9. What makes it so special? I couldn't see much that makes it better than apex.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorthington View Post
Gapps are already in the ROM.

i read the OP and understand that, thus my comment that the gapps did not flash with the ROM as per the original instructions.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorthington View Post
Gapps are already in the ROM.

just reflashed the op ROM after wiping data and such & reconfirming my earlier helpful comment that gapps is not fully included in the rom.

it is missing
maps
search
youtube
street view

not a big deal, easily installed from the store, just trying to give the op some feedback, although i wonder where he went!

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0 View Post
just reflashed the op ROM after wiping data and such & reconfirming my earlier helpful comment that gapps is not fully included in the rom.

it is missing
maps
search
youtube
street view

not a big deal, easily installed from the store, just trying to give the op some feedback, although i wonder where he went!
None of those apps (besides Search) are part of the standard CM9 gapps package either.

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumist View Post
None of those apps (besides Search) are part of the standard CM9 gapps package either.
the one i downloaded had them (the link in the huge cm9 thread). as well as the wiki page gapps link and rom manager pro's gapps does as well.

anywhoo, not sure why this needs to be continually pointed out to me, i simply commented about gapps in an earlier post, it wasn't a big deal then and it's not now.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

cyanogenmod recommends v11 gapps for cm9, v11 includes
calendar
facelock
gallerygoogle
contacts
services framework
talk
voice search
youtube

etc., et al.

hope this clears up the confusion on which gapps for cm9

rsalan
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Anyone using this ROM? How is it compared to stock CM9? Speed? Battery life? Also, if I'm coming from CM9 what do I have to wipe?

Malnilion
Old
Thanks Meter 149
@scott0,

Actually the gapps that is generally recommended is the latest found here.

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
again, that is the link provided in the cm9 thread and in that link is the March 17 ICS gapps zip which is v11, the v i referenced above.

perhaps if y'all let me know what your point is in making this an issue with me i can get a better idea of what it is you are trying to achieve here. otherwise i am unsure as to why my non-essential comment re: install is being picked apart.

Malnilion
Old
Thanks Meter 149
The only point I was trying to make was that the 03/17 gapps, as far as I can tell from Googling, is *not* the same as gapps v11 because the only threads I see that talk about gapps v11 are from January and February. Now since I'm at work and can't download v11 and 3/17 to compare the two packages, I can't speak to whether or not your v11 .zip that you are using has more of the Google apps than the *latest* which is 03/17. This is really kind of a silly discussion.

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malnilion View Post
This is really kind of a silly discussion.
that's MY point. not sure why my general comment about it was highlighted by some of y'all and taken to task.

Y'all have a good weekend and feel free to bring this thread back around to the actual topic- the slim ROM.

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 544
I'm just trying to clear it up for you (and anyone else). No one is making it an "issue".

The "v11" package is old, from January. If some sources still recommend to use them, it is because those sources have not been updated to recommend the newer ones available. The latest gapps package is from March (gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip), which is the one used in this ROM (it says so right in the first post). The two packages are not the same.

Tags
cm9 nitro hd p930 andasa