Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[After ICS upgrade] Sony Tablet S Issues & Suggestions/Workarounds

Tip us?

dohanotoha
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default wifi signal issue

Hello

I found out that wifi signal is very weak. Even my friends who got the tablet noticed the same issue. Sometimes the signal is not full although I use the tablet in the same room where the router is. My phone gets a stronger signal.

Is this a hardware issue? does any one notice the same? is there a solution?

thanks in avance.

kadji9
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Sinal is very good here

Kermit33
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji9 View Post
Sinal is very good here
Signal is very good within my house.

Cholek3
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Hi guys, I have a question. I read whole thread and obviously I am worried about wifi issue, so I was thinking about a solution. I found a wifi repeater/signal booster. I came across this device and I was wondering if it gonna work: 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender TL-WA830RE

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...del=TL-WA830RE

I have been on holiday recently, where hotel had a free wifi in reception only, although even on my mobile signal strengh was weak. I was wondering if above device would work as a signal booster. Although I am looking for something that would not involve connecting such booster to router and this device does not fall into that cathegory, I think. Is there such device on the market like that? I know it is not a perfect solution and requires me to carry extra device, but if it would help, why not to use it? If not a wifi, it would be my dream tablet.

PS. I was in Currys (UK) today to see some tablets. Next to each other, there was Tablet S, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Motorola Xoom. Xoom had 4/4 signal strengh, Tab had 2/4 and Tablet S kept loosing connection with wifi.

maurobaz
Old
(Last edited by maurobaz; 26th February 2012 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Market download issues - solved

Hi All,
just willing to let you know that I've solved my download issue with the market.
I accidentally moved on to a new router and now everything is working fine. When the market was not working I was using a draytek vigor 2800 vg (I followed all the tips in the android market help guide and I also opened ports TCP and UDP 5228 but apparently this did not solve anything). Then, by chance, I used another router, a TP-Link W8960N, and everything started to work and all the downoload could finally complete and the android market became usable. I loved my old draytek and I was positive I had set it correctly with all the secutiry features and all but now I'm just sticking to my TP-Link (which I originally bought as a cheap replacement router...). I have seen other users lamenting they could not have proper access to the market (I saw some users in other forums having issues with draytek routers) and hope this will help them.
Wish you all well.
;)
cheers

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote:
---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I'm having lots (and lots!) of trouble trying to download software from the androd market
As a matter of fact I find the market to be alomst competely unusable: sometimes the app I requested will download, some other time it won't. There's no pattern to it. I have also tried cleaning the cache/data of the download manager and Market plus logging in into google talk, but this still did not work.

I've found the market totally unpredictable/unusable.

I have received and I'm now using the update to android 3.2.1 and at the moment I have Market version 1.0.28 installed.
I also tried to upgrade to Market 3.3.11 but almost nothing changed so I unistalled and went back to using the original 1.0.28.
I have had this problem since the very beginning (when I bought the tablet I think I had Android 3.1 installed and the problem was already there). I also tried a factory data reset but again this did not solve anything and the problem re-presented itself.

I have eventually decided to download apps only from an external website(androiddev orkitra com): I can only download free apps, but I can live with it at least for now.

I have seen this is a recurrent problem of the Market and many other tab users were affected (galaxy tab, xoom,etc) but I was wondering if some of you had the same problem or at least experienced an increase in its severity compared to other devices: I was wondering if this might have anything to do with the Adroid setup Sony decided to install/use.

Let me know what you think: any feedback is appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help/time

cheers
:)
[/COLOR]

JMS74
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
I haven't had any of these problems. I have had problems downloading and installing apps from the Market though. I have to back out and try a second time. Can't find the pattern. It is intermittent.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium
I confirm that too.

ultimix911
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help!

Hi,
I got a new Sony Tablet S a few weeks back and I have this really weird problem.
As soon as I on Wifi and connect to my college network, it connects fine and webpages open as expected.
But after a minute or so, all data transfer stops even though I am connected to the network. Initially I thought
it was a hardware issue with my tablet but when I went to my nearest McDonalds and connected to their connection, everything
worked fine and there was no interruption in the data transfer.
I tried a couple of other hotspots around town and they seemed to work fine.
So, now obviously its a problem with my college network. The funny thing is that my laptop, my cellphone and about a thousand other devices
connected to the same network work just fine and do not stop exchanging data all of a sudden.
I have tried various apps available on the Play store but none helped.
My (geeky) friend told me that the issue may be some sort of interference between the routers (Cisco Aironet series, I think), as every floor in my hostel has 4 routers, but he could not give a solution. I have also referred the problem to my system administrator but he too could not come up with a solution.
If anyone has a solution to this, please help!
Thanks in advance

princeasi
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Some places purposely add these periodic interruptions to halt excessive bandwidth usage i.e. file sharing.

I'm just sayin!
T-Mobile G2X

eus107709
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Wifi Problem Fix:

I can confirm that the Wifi not reconnecting issue is real. It caused my wife and I to almost never use this tablet, until she found a fix 2 days ago.

Solution:

Disable Bluetooth. That's it.

And my non-techy wife discovered this solution by... RTFM! That's right, it was in the instruction manual the whole time.

I waited a couple days to post this to ensure the fix sticks, it does. Good luck and enjoy your tablets again.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA

shuckle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That may very well be it as I have never used bluetooth and I have had no problems with wifi. But is that really in the manual? I can't see it.