Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nightlies][03-02-2012]CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

Tip us?
 
coldconfession13
Old
#91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 655
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
new nightly doesn't really have any of pershoots merges
 
mcgoo99
Old
#92  
mcgoo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 220
Join Date: Nov 2009
this is AWESOME. after my frustrations with the delays of waiting for ICS, MLB TV Live Streams not working on my Tab 10.1 3.2 HC (everyone in the Android Market is complaining about it), and the sluggishness of Samsung TouchWiz poop, i wiped everything and installed the 4/18 CM9 nightly and 3/17 gapps.

MLB TV Live streaming now works. so happy.
A2DP works as well, all my apps restored (though the Play app thought my SGN was what it was restoring to, oh well)

just had one freeze during app restoration. hard-rebooted, restore completed itself, no problem since. THANK YOU CM TEAM.

are any custom kernels worth applying, or is stock ok for now? once the camera source gets dropped and included in this, i'll be content. i'm willing to sacrifice video chat for baseball in the meantime.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
 
mcgoo99
Old
(Last edited by mcgoo99; 20th April 2012 at 03:28 PM.)
#93  
mcgoo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 220
Join Date: Nov 2009
so not everything is peaches and cream. a couple issues have crept up:

wifi seems to disconnect after idling a while and can't reconnect
just once so far, the lockscreen (in landscape mode) wouldn't recognize my touches. rotated to portrait mode and was able to unlock the tablet
had one random freeze which prompted a hard shutdown of the tablet.
games like WWF and Scramble seem a bit laggy
EDIT: forgot to mention when i plug my Tab into my Win7 USB, it no longer shows up as an MTP device. is there a setting or a driver that i'm missing here? debugging is disabled.

gonna flash the 4/19 SNAPSHOT found over at the DroidBasement and see how that goes. still waaaay better than the 3.2 stock ROM imho.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
 
pershoot
Old
(Last edited by pershoot; 20th April 2012 at 03:36 PM.)
#94  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,856
Posts: 7,719
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo99 View Post
so not everything is peaches and cream. a couple issues have crept up:

wifi seems to disconnect after idling a while and can't reconnect
just once so far, the lockscreen (in landscape mode) wouldn't recognize my touches. rotated to portrait mode and was able to unlock the tablet
had one random freeze which prompted a hard shutdown of the tablet.
games like WWF and Scramble seem a bit laggy
EDIT: forgot to mention when i plug my Tab into my Win7 USB, it no longer shows up as an MTP device. is there a setting or a driver that i'm missing here? debugging is disabled.

gonna flash the 4/19 SNAPSHOT found over at the DroidBasement and see how that goes. still waaaay better than the 3.2 stock ROM imho.
all that stuff has been sorted (nothing reported of that variant any longer for most tabs from various testers).

games, is up to the developer for ICS 4.0.4 support.

go to settings, storage, and you'll see the option there.
The Following User Says Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcgoo99
Old
#95  
mcgoo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 220
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
all that stuff has been sorted (nothing reported of that variant any longer for most tabs from various testers).

games, is up to the developer for ICS 4.0.4 support.

go to settings, storage, and you'll see the option there.
ah, i knew i had to be missing something! MTP works great, thank you. also, i played w/ the governor and turned up the min CPU settings and lag is mostly gone. thanks for all your work on the Tab, pershoot!
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
 
mcgoo99
Old
(Last edited by mcgoo99; 20th April 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
#96  
mcgoo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 220
Join Date: Nov 2009
also for anyone interested, the only important app i couldn't load was youtube (Play Store said it's not compatible with my "Samsung GT-P7510"), but this works as a side-loaded fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1529715
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
 
mcgoo99
Old
#97  
mcgoo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 220
Join Date: Nov 2009
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, latest CM10.1 nightly
Google Nexus 10, stock
 
Nuskul
Old
#98  
Nuskul's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 88
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo99 View Post
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).
I switched to on demand governor and seems a little snappier, and may just be in my head but I have no issues at all.
 
pershoot
Old
#99  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,856
Posts: 7,719
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo99 View Post
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).
419 is rock solid over here. you have another issue if you're getting bootloops.

full wipe, reflash 419 from db, flash 317 gapps, boot in. dont restore apps or oc. run for 24 hrs and observe.

see this reply about the screen dim issue and getting logs, etc. (which i can no longer reproduce due to the touchscreen fixes put in, which is in 419):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=327
 
pershoot
Old
#100  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,856
Posts: 7,719
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
419 is rock solid over here. you have another issue if you're getting bootloops.

full wipe, reflash 419 from db, flash 317 gapps, boot in. dont restore apps or oc. run for 24 hrs and observe.

see this reply about the screen dim issue and getting logs, etc. (which i can no longer reproduce due to the touchscreen fixes put in, which is in 419):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=327
i brought in some more touchscreen changes, if you want to test to see if that dim screen issue is completely gone.

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms...i/boot.tar.md5

flash with odin.

Linux localhost 2.6.36.4-cyanogenmod+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 23 20:16:56 EDT 201
2 armv7l GNU/Linux

Tags
android 4.0, cyanogenmod, ics, rom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes